were R142's originally supposed to be red? [Warning WAYOVER 56k plus]

pelhamlocal

I heard some were on the forms that the 142's, were supposed to be red, dare i call a NTT a redbird :ph34r: , then i shall be damned to hell :rolleyes: .....k back on topic. The only proof i can find of something similar is a picture of a front mockup of one at the transit museum, on a flat, and a CGI by Antenna Designs. Can someone one please school me on this? thanx

img_3575.jpgR142.Exterior.jpg

plus another interesting prototype. I seems that the TA, if not atleast the designers pushed for Curtains instead of LED/LCD....or whatevers, interesting.newyork2.jpg

I heard some were on the forms that the 142's, were supposed to be red, dare i call a NTT a redbird :ph34r: , then i shall be damned to hell :rolleyes: .....k back on topic. The only proof i can find of something similar is a picture of a front mockup of one at the transit museum, on a flat, and a CGI by Antenna Designs. Can someone one please school me on this? thanx

img_3575.jpgR142.Exterior.jpg

plus another interesting prototype. I seems that the TA, if not atleast the designers pushed for Curtains instead of LED/LCD....or whatevers, interesting.newyork2.jpg

Nice photo... I agree with the 2nd photo. 1st photo & 3rd photo i disagree... Who  ever heard new technology car replacing a old tech train with rollout sign a flip dot so called. With the LED or LCD screen... Rollout sign existed in 70's.. When the LCD / LED screen existed in 1990's era... The LED / LCD screen is the future tech to be used for new york city subway. The next design of subway car should be thinking about replacing a R62A when who know. No more roll out sign.. 

Nice photo... I agree with the 2nd photo. 1st photo & 3rd photo i disagree... Who ever heard new technology car replacing a old tech train with rollout sign a flip dot so called. With the LED or LCD screen... Rollout sign existed in 70's.. When the LCD / LED screen existed in 1990's era... The LED / LCD screen is the future tech to be used for new york city subway. The next design of subway car should be thinking about replacing a R62A when who know. No more roll out sign..

*R110B

Fun fact, the red color was used to commemorate the Redbirds, Thats why you see alot more red in the 2nd photo, But I guess they thought it was to much and just left it in the fromt.

Hmm, so maybe a bit like how Tokyo Metro's new cars are resembling cars of the past?

Archived