Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
pelhamlocal

were R142's originally supposed to be red? [Warning WAYOVER 56k plus]

I heard some were on the forms that the 142's, were supposed to be red, dare i call a NTT a redbird :ph34r: , then i shall be damned to hell :rolleyes: .....k back on topic. The only proof i can find of something similar is a picture of a front mockup of one at the transit museum, on a flat, and a CGI by Antenna Designs. Can someone one please school me on this? thanx

img_3575.jpgR142.Exterior.jpg

plus another interesting prototype. I seems that the TA, if not atleast the designers pushed for Curtains instead of LED/LCD....or whatevers, interesting.newyork2.jpg

I heard some were on the forms that the 142's, were supposed to be red, dare i call a NTT a redbird :ph34r: , then i shall be damned to hell :rolleyes: .....k back on topic. The only proof i can find of something similar is a picture of a front mockup of one at the transit museum, on a flat, and a CGI by Antenna Designs. Can someone one please school me on this? thanx

img_3575.jpgR142.Exterior.jpg

plus another interesting prototype. I seems that the TA, if not atleast the designers pushed for Curtains instead of LED/LCD....or whatevers, interesting.newyork2.jpg

Nice photo... I agree with the 2nd photo. 1st photo & 3rd photo i disagree... Who  ever heard new technology car replacing a old tech train with rollout sign a flip dot so called. With the LED or LCD screen... Rollout sign existed in 70's.. When the LCD / LED screen existed in 1990's era... The LED / LCD screen is the future tech to be used for new york city subway. The next design of subway car should be thinking about replacing a R62A when who know. No more roll out sign.. 

Nice photo... I agree with the 2nd photo. 1st photo & 3rd photo i disagree... Who ever heard new technology car replacing a old tech train with rollout sign a flip dot so called. With the LED or LCD screen... Rollout sign existed in 70's.. When the LCD / LED screen existed in 1990's era... The LED / LCD screen is the future tech to be used for new york city subway. The next design of subway car should be thinking about replacing a R62A when who know. No more roll out sign..

*R110B

It was an early design concept, nothing more. They eventually settled for a decal.

Who still uses 56K? Why the warning?

Even my phone on 3G passing through a tunnel can manage to load these pictures quickly, but the warning might be of use to those nearing their data limits.

Fun fact, the red color was used to commemorate the Redbirds, Thats why you see alot more red in the 2nd photo, But I guess they thought it was to much and just left it in the fromt.

• Upvote 1

Fun fact, the red color was used to commemorate the Redbirds, Thats why you see alot more red in the 2nd photo, But I guess they thought it was to much and just left it in the fromt.

Hmm, so maybe a bit like how Tokyo Metro's new cars are resembling cars of the past?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, my favorite Tokyo Metro cars are the old Marunouchi line cars, that they now use in Buenos Aires, with gap fillers on the cars.

i dont think it should be painted in red. why ruin the sleek new shining metal. that way you know how clean the cars are.