Orion Bus on a Bx5

tkx2510

Any depot with artics and 40fters, will have 40fters on the artic lines at times, and artic lines on 40ft lines at times......At the farms, I've seen artics on the Bx15 and Bx17 (split trip) as WF had no 40fters, and of course at KB, I've seen and drove then on the M100, seen them on the Bx3, Bx32, Bx7, etc.....Sad thing is if those buses can go on these lines and come back in one piece, the depots can cut manpower if they opt for artics on most of their routes, since most Bronx routes actually can handle them. Possibly all can, if MTA were to go for the tighter turning puller type artics, instead of the pushers they have now.... I would not want to cut any jobs, but if I ran the MTA, Van-Hool AG300 would be tested to no end, since it is a puller type artic. That bus would be tested on all routes, that don't go up an unreasonably steep hill, where the bus would bottom out going up....Only problem is the a$$ swing.......

Any depot with artics and 40fters, will have 40fters on the artic lines at times, and artic lines on 40ft lines at times......At the farms, I've seen artics on the Bx15 and Bx17 (split trip) as WF had no 40fters, and of course at KB, I've seen and drove then on the M100, seen them on the Bx3, Bx32, Bx7, etc.....Sad thing is if those buses can go on these lines and come back in one piece, the depots can cut manpower if they opt for artics on most of their routes, since most Bronx routes actually can handle them. Possibly all can, if MTA were to go for the tighter turning puller type artics, instead of the pushers they have now.... I would not want to cut any jobs, but if I ran the MTA, Van-Hool AG300 would be tested to no end, since it is a puller type artic. That bus would be tested on all routes, that don't go up an unreasonably steep hill, where the bus would bottom out going up....Only problem is the a$$ swing.......
Yeah, the Bx8,31,and 36 have Artics every weekday AM Rush, though never heard about the Bx17 having Artics! :eek:

Yeah, the Bx8,31,and 36 have Artics every weekday AM Rush, though never heard about the Bx17 having Artics! :eek:

The first few weeks of the Bx17 running down St. Ann's Avenue, I saw artics running on the line. I lived a block from the third stop on the Bx17N.

Archived