Designed the Line!

The Real

lol why did they make the front logo so small?

Anyway It's about time. I've been waiting forever to see what the interior of that bus would look like. I gotta admit, minus the ML seats, it looks pretty nice.

Did you take these pics at the Prevost facility in Piscataway? I might have seen 7204 while I was driving past the facility on 287.

Its the same seat model that is in the MCI Cruisers, just with the vinyl seat material...Same cushions.

Route 9 commuters will complain about anything... and honestly I would expect them to be a little harder especially with that harder plastic in the middle part of the seat.

Route 9 commuters will complain about anything... and honestly I would expect them to be a little harder especially with that harder plastic in the middle part of the seat.

There is no plastic...Its vinyl. Same seat material that was on the Green Lines Orion Vs.

There is no plastic...Its vinyl. Same seat material that was on the Green Lines Orion Vs.

The outer portion yes, the other portion isn't. Still gonna get complaints from riders nontheless.

And before I get flamed again, I understand that this is NJT's fault and the same seats would be on MCIs. Whether or not you like this bus, people in this area are NOT gonna like it, I live here and know firsthand how bitchy people can get around here. These seats are a big problem because 139 riders WILL complain about ANYTHING. If the seats aren't made of the usual material complaints will be made, and a LOT of them. I've heard they're having a lot of maintenance issues with it as well, specifically with the ZF Ecolife (again an NJT spec problem). NJT doesn't know how to spec a bus (except the Clever Devices lol), and that is a problem.

The outer portion yes, the other portion isn't. Still gonna get complaints from riders nontheless.

And before I get flamed again, I understand that this is NJT's fault and the same seats would be on MCIs. Whether or not you like this bus, people in this area are NOT gonna like it, I live here and know firsthand how bitchy people can get around here. These seats are a big problem because 139 riders WILL complain about ANYTHING. If the seats aren't made of the usual material complaints will be made, and a LOT of them. I've heard they're having a lot of maintenance issues with it as well, specifically with the ZF Ecolife (again an NJT spec problem). NJT doesn't know how to spec a bus (except the Clever Devices lol), and that is a problem.

Dude, the WHOLE seat is Vinyl material, point blank. The passengers aren't going to have a choice to get over it, pay the fare and ride. Beause this is what it is. All bugs found on 7202 are corrected in the production units, that is the reason for having a pilot bus which is to work all the bugs out for the rest of the production units. There is changes in this unit (7204) over 7202.. And why is the EcoLife an issue for NJT but not for any other properties that has the units in service. In fact, the MTA is seeing a 3 MPG better performance over the Allisons.

Can't we just enjoy the damn shots?! <_<

Thanks again, Trevor!

Thanks Dude!

More express buses with backs that look like local buses. Hooray!

Has 7203 been delivered, on a serious note?

Good Shots!

I don't know, this bus still had the dealer plates on it. So it hasn't been accepted yet. Other units have been rumored to have been delivered.

Dude, the WHOLE seat is Vinyl material, point blank. The passengers aren't going to have a choice to get over it, pay the fare and ride. Beause this is what it is. All bugs found on 7202 are corrected in the production units, that is the reason for having a pilot bus which is to work all the bugs out for the rest of the production units. There is changes in this unit (7204) over 7202.. And why is the EcoLife an issue for NJT but not for any other properties that has the units in service. In fact, the MTA is seeing a 3 MPG better performance over the Allisons.

They put a ZF Ecolife in a "OTR coach" (if this really is an OTR coach). MCI and Prevost don't offer it, and I assume with good reason. But, I don't know that for sure, all I know is that this is the first time it's been used in a "OTR" and they are having problems with it.

And you don't know Route 9 commuters do you? A lot of these guys will drive if they find something wrong with "their bus".

They put a ZF Ecolife in a "OTR coach" (if this really is an OTR coach). MCI and Prevost don't offer it, and I assume with good reason. But, I don't know that for sure, all I know is that this is the first time it's been used in a "OTR" and they are having problems with it.

And you don't know Route 9 commuters do you? A lot of these guys will drive if they find something wrong with "their bus".

Unless requested by the customer, that is. That appears to escape from everyone's minds these days.

And so what if they are having problems? Its teething issues. Everything gets fixed in due time. It's not like the MCIs never had issues during their newness days.

Actually the EcoLife is a dummed down transit version of the AS-Tronic, for which the AS-Tronic is available in MCIs, Prevosts and VanHools. And guess what, those Route 9 commuters can do just that, if its that deep for them. I worked for NJ Transit, I know the clientele.

Unless requested by the customer, that is. That appears to escape from everyone's minds these days.

And so what if they are having problems? Its teething issues. Everything gets fixed in due time. It's not like the MCIs never had issues during their newness days.

You are spot on, the first 325 of the D4000s when they first came in had serious issues which were ironed out by the time the second and third batches arrived. Having worked and drove buses in Jersey, there were MAJOR differences in the way the first batch of D4000s felt and operated in comparison to the 2nd and 3rd batch.

Them seats are horrible. The few times I was sent to do a 67&139 was my last. Them route 9 ppl take this shyt serious. I was cursed out cause i had to keep looking at the fare chart and looking at the monthlys for too long. I had 7187 and ppl bitched cause the restroom took up seats. Never again will i ever do a favor for howell!

Its not a bad looking bus but the inside has mls written all over it. Im sure they will work out all the issues in due time, but these buses look waaaay to cheap and look as if they will crumble like a tin can in a fender bender.

Archived