The High Line

Going to the High Line alters one's perspective on making the former LIRR Rockaway right-of-way a park just a bit as well. If one were to be practical, a railway would be the first priority, but a nice park is hard to turn down.

Nice! That is an interesting and modern park, who would have thought to make a park out of a former railway.

Paris, we converted an old abandoned railway elevated line near Bastille into a park in the early 90's.

Infact this is what inspired the High Line in Manhattan.  ;)

Going to the High Line alters one's perspective on making the former LIRR Rockaway right-of-way a park just a bit as well. If one were to be practical, a railway would be the first priority, but a nice park is hard to turn down.

It's a nice thought, but the area is already full of nature and parks anyway. I doubt converting the old RoW would add much. The High Line area was desperate for some kind of natural scenery.

No, make the photos public. Not everyone has dramabook...

I don't like uploading photos all over the place though… It's a pain to manage. And I wouldn't want the public seeing all my friend connections. There are network applications out there that scour the web and build profiles of people. If I can find it, I think there was one (may still exist) that collects data on people and builds profiles by means of scraping this public data.

Archived