Learning Resources for Aspiring IT Professionals

Being relatively new to the IT game I had to use a variety of online resources to stay on top of things in the ever-evolving world of computer technology for major win. So as I am reviewing material for next week's project I thought I would get a thread starter going on links to what I think IMHO are excellent sites for training resources and up to the minute news in the field to stay on top of things.

Here, I'll throw some resources out there. Some are for beginners, some are more advanced.

1) Professor Messer:

Link: http://www.professormesser.com/

Screenshot:

messer2.jpg

If you are seeking to gain professional IT certifications this is the resourse to go to in your start on your venture into the field. Features videos on all sorts of professional certifications, plus a chat room for persons wishing to gain credentials. I definitely recommend it.

2) Tech Republic:

Link: http://www.techrepublic.com/

Screenshot:

techrepublic1.jpg

Features the latest news on tech stuff and tutorials on a plethora of operation systems and applications that is useful in the IT field. Mostly software end information geared for techs, programmers and administrators. It's free but requires you sign up for a suscription for certain features. The videos are excellent, and they also send you newsletters on the here and now in the field.

3) Trainsignal:

Link: http://www.trainsignal.com/

Screenshot:

trainsignal1.jpg

Again a good resource. Features courses for utilization and opimization on a huge variety of operating systems diagniostic software and apps user end and server end, also Cisco related technology. Watch out! There's a suscription fee involved, however it sure did save my ass on certification tests I had to take to build my credentials.

I'll stop here, I don't want to kill the page with links and screenshots. There's more sites out there that I may not know about. If any of you guys know of any damn good resources please by all means post it!

I just make mistakes and learn from them at home before I deploy my solutions elsewhere. Google is usually the best place to look as there is no one place with a complete solution to most problems.

The Code Project is a good place to go to as they have a forum full of IT professionals.

I just make mistakes and learn from them at home before I deploy my solutions elsewhere. Google is usually the best place to look as there is no one place with a complete solution to most problems.

The Code Project is a good place to go to as they have a forum full of IT professionals.

I owe you on the +1, went crazy with the positive votes today. Thanks for the tip, will definitely check it out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I think about it, that's what I had to do in the recent contract I fulfilled.  (It was a killer) I had to google the forums to get answers on the fly during the building of the three networks with the number of workstations needed to be deployed in the thousands.

Yeah google is one of the best tools a tech can ever have for so many reasons. I have to laugh to myself on that one, it's so true.

Checked out the code project site. Wow the solutions provided is intense on the software/programmer end of the spectrum.

Archived