Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
46Dover

MTA Bus "Heritage" retro buses

Now Granted MTA Bus is basically in its infancy, what do you think of the idea of at least having one bus from each MTA Bus garage in its predecessor scheme a'la ConnDOT FL9s in New Haven McGinnis colors?

Now Granted MTA Bus is basically in its infancy, what do you think of the idea of at least having one bus from each MTA Bus garage in its predecessor scheme a'la ConnDOT FL9s in New Haven McGinnis colors?

They do have one of each ex-PBL bus preserved in its original livery. All except for the Tri Borough Coach and Queens Surface Corp. CNG powered buses

If you check out this website, the buses with the gray background are the ones the the MTA has preserved.

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster

Edited by Blitz
  • Upvote 1

Guest MTA Bus

I would love to see the Queens Surface, Triboro Coach, and Command vintage buses in service this year

I never actually paid much attention to the PBL scene. Did the Triboro have express service into Manhattan?

I never actually paid much attention to the PBL scene. Did the Triboro have express service into Manhattan?

Yes it did... Under Triboro, the routes were:

QM10

QM11

QM12

QM22

QM24

QM24W

Don't they pull out the preserved PBL buses for the bus roadeo?

They use to, when there still was a roadeo. The last time they had it was in 2008

They use to, when there still was a roadeo. The last time they had it was in 2008

Lol, oh well. I thought people here posted pictures of some event last summer where they brought out all these buses?

Lol, oh well. I thought people here posted pictures of some event last summer where they brought out all these buses?

You're probably thinking of the Bus Festival.

• Upvote 1

Sounds about right

Yeah, the "Roadeo" was an even held at Floyd Bennett field where B/O's would show off their driving skill, and mechanics would show off their trouble shooting skills.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the "Roadeo" was an even held at Floyd Bennett field where B/O's would show off their driving skill, and mechanics would show off their trouble shooting skills.

Thanks for clarifying. Too bad I never got to see that.