Mayor Bloomberg admits soon NYPD surveillance cameras will be on nearly every corner and in the air

CenSin

So you f**ked and told, big deal. Anyone you might have to hide this from? Lol!

Yo keep this on the down low. OK? Lol.

Question, did you go to high school near Forest Hills?...I stop by the Gardens often, and I'll admit, it's a nice and some what secluded area to get it on...  ;)  :ph34r:

I went to Hillcrest HS in Jamaica, had alot of fun there in those days. 

Yo keep this on the down low. OK? Lol.

I went to Hillcrest HS in Jamaica, had alot of fun there in those days. 

NIce! I go to FHHS itself, but have friends at Hillcrest...it's a fun school. 

All those locations are good in my opinion execpt the (M) train... Hard to be inconspicuous lol...

Not the new one, the old brown one...you know, the empty ride along West End

...it was in my younger years lmao

OK. Cool. So....

Original article posted in OP courtesy of CenSin:

Let's hope this guy is out of office soon. This guy wants to put together facial recognition software and link up thousands (of not millions) of cameras, many of them airborne and mobile, to keep eyes on every corner of the city.

News Article: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloomberg-new-york-eventually-surveillance-city-article-1.1296103

Here lets talk about the aspect on drones on American soil:

Found this article, ironically on the Bloomberg media site:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-31/drones-take-to-american-skies-on-police-search-missions.html

For about the cost of a squad car, a deputy sheriff in Mesa County, Colorado, can track criminal suspects, picture an arson scene or search for lost hikers, all with the ease of tossing a toy glider into the air.

The sprawling county on the Utah line uses two remote- controlled drone aircraft, similar to those deployed against Afghanistan’s Taliban, to cover 3,300 square miles (8,600 square kilometers) of mountainous terrain. Remotely operated technology honed in the war on terror is letting Mesa County and state and local governments across the U.S. work faster and cheaper.

OK on the real, I'm very concerned about the advent of this technology falling into the wrong hands and abused to invade personal privacy of others. It does not  sit well with me. Of course in this light according to the article, this use of drones is for a good cause but then again with the way Bloomberg is putting it in terms of police surveillance....

It's not like we are in a war zone. Why do civilians need to be sufficiently monitored like this? I mean if the NYPD for example utilizes this technology in a bust then it makes sense, but again the way Bloomberg is fanatically putting it according the the article posted by CenSin, it makes me irked.

I'm hoping watchdog legalistic measures would be enacted to enforce proper use of this type of technology let alone the continued investment by the City of New York in surveillance camera technology.

Thoughts?

Archived