Its OFFICIAL As of 08/04 R160's on the J Line

RTOMan

Just wanted y'all to know as of 1800 hrs Yesterday(since its 0040 hrs now) The R160's are in Service on the (J) line..

All 5 R160 (Z)ebras did not get layed up they stayed in Service as (J) trains, they will be running on the Line Full Time now..

The reaction of the customers at Parsons was "Interesting" to say the least when the (Z)ebra R160 came in the station and did not go out of service like its been doing..

They are ALL running as i type they will continue to run on the Line, So look for more R160's to be put in service and more R42's to be put out of their misery or shipped somewhere else..

NorthEasten got two of em on his last two trips lucky son of a gun...

Now the R42's will be (Z)ebra Put-ins from Easy New York Yard but look for that to change as well...

So happy hunting for those looking for pictures...

Just wanted y'all to know as of 1800 hrs Yesterday(since its 0040 hrs now) The R160's are in Service on the (J) line..

All 5 R160 (Z)ebras did not get layed up they stayed in Service as (J) trains, they will be running on the Line Full Time now..

The reaction of the customers at Parsons was "Interesting" to say the least when the (Z)ebra R160 came in the station and did not go out of service like its been doing..

They are ALL running as i type they will continue to run on the Line, So look for more R160's to be put in service and more R42's to be put out of their misery or shipped somewhere else..

NorthEasten got two of em on his last two trips lucky son of a gun...

Now the R42's will be (Z)ebra Put-ins from Easy New York Yard but look for that to change as well...

So happy hunting for those looking for pictures...

Well well well.....thats some good news. My camera will be ready to film:D

But you gotta admit, those R42 are falling apart. One of these day they going to break into piece on the (J) if the R160a don't come.

There falling apart because ENY doesn't maintain them right.

They run pretty good on the (A) line though.

But if they sent to jamaica,then oh noes. :D

It is ABOUT TIME! I can't wait until my first ride on the (J) line in a R160 train. That means if I wanted to ride a R160 on the BMT Jamaica Line , I do not have to wait to ride a (M) train. I going to miss the R42 on the (J) line thougth. It is a good thing that I can now ride a R42 on the (A) line.

It is ABOUT TIME! I can't wait until my first ride on the (J) line in a R160 train. That means if I wanted to ride a R160 on the BMT Jamaica Line , I do not have to wait to ride a (M) train. I going to miss the R42 on the (J) line thougth. It is a good thing that I can now ride a R42 on the (A) line.

i know but the (A)'s R44 is plian dumb. hah i got to sent the pic to Harry fast before the deadline!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Now i'm speaking from a railfan's perspective here.

I liked the R42s, but personally, I thought these were the most boring cars out of the whole fleet. Although I'm not happy that these are getting reefed, I dont like them on the (J) and (Z) lines.

Well going to miss the R42's, (J) line is a railfan's delight because of the great views, and Im going to miss the window, but hey the window isn't everything and I see why the R42s need to go...theyre in bad shape anyway, so welcome aboard R160's on the (J)

Stuck around Chambers today to see if I could spot a set, didn't get one though, may take the same "long way home" tomorrow to see for myself.

Bet RTOMan is pretty happy about this news, I remember you liked those 160's on the (N)ovember "back in the day"...now no more motors dropping out and better brakes right?

An expired Fun Pass for the first to get pictures of those cars going over the Crescent St curve signed as a (J):)

Well going to miss the R42's, (J) line is a railfan's delight because of the great views, and Im going to miss the window, but hey the window isn't everything and I see why the R42s need to go...theyre in bad shape anyway, so welcome aboard R160's on the (J)

Stuck around Chambers today to see if I could spot a set, didn't get one though, may take the same "long way home" tomorrow to see for myself.

Bet RTOMan is pretty happy about this news, I remember you liked those 160's on the (N)ovember "back in the day"...now no more motors dropping out and better brakes right?

An expired Fun Pass for the first to get pictures of those cars going over the Crescent St curve signed as a (J):)

honestly i liked the 42s for similar reasons, but not on the Janet, Miranda or Zoe. they ride well on the adrian. so here they are, the 160s making their debut on the Janet! :)

Rode an R160 on the (J) today from Essex to Jamaica Center. It was alright, they look great inside and feel great but I always like the feel of old equipment. So rickety and historic. I had an R42 on the (J) going back from the JAM to Essex which I liked better than the 160 to JAM. About 1/4 of the (J)(Z) trains I saw out there were R160s, they are popping up frequently now.

Actually yes but after doing a trip with 8553 From Parsons to Broad Street yesterday it wore of..

There are six of them out there sometimes one of them will be a (Z)...

After a while all you will see them on is the (Z) and thats it, R42's that is.

Today I rode my first R160 (Q) and (J) train rides. Both rides was excellent. The only problem with the (J) I was on is the advertisements. The advertisement, "This is an __________ bound (J) train; The next stop is _______" ; Was not working on my ride. The other main advertisements were working thougth. Examples, "This is ___________, Transfer is available for _________; and the closing doors advertisements worked. The conductor started making advertisements in Brooklyn though.

I'm still disappointed that the MTA refuses to show anything BUT Nassau St on the displays of these trains (besides Skip-Stop). I mean, they only travel on Nassau St for 1 Stop (Fulton St), and that means (M) trains aren't even "Nassau St Locals" during Middays (neither are (J)s on weekends). They can display Jamaica Local (J) or Myrtle Av Local (M) or (if it won't confuse people) Broadway Local/EXP (J)/(Z), in addition to Nassau St. And what happened to West End for the rush hour (M)?

Archived