Its OFFICIAL As of 08/04 R160's on the J Line

RTOMan

I'm still disappointed that the MTA refuses to show anything BUT Nassau St on the displays of these trains. I mean, they only travel on Nassau St for 1 Stop (Fulton St), and that means (M) trains aren't even "Nassau St Locals" during Middays (neither are (J)s on weekends). They can display Jamaica Local or Myrtle Av Local or (if it won't confuse people) Broadway Local, in addition to Nassau St.

Broadway signs would cause confusion for N,Q,R,W riders That why they use Nassau but i think puttin Jamaica Express or Local would work better.

Broadway signs would cause confusion for N,Q,R,W riders That why they use Nassau but i think puttin Jamaica Express or Local would work better.

Well, technically it's called the Nassau St. Line in Manhattan, which is probably why they have Nassau St. on the signs... I think they should use both Jamaica and Nassau.

Today I rode my first R160 (Q) and (J) train rides. Both rides was excellent. The only problem with the (J) I was on is the advertisements. The advertisement, "This is an __________ bound (J) train; The next stop is _______" ; Was not working on my ride. The other main advertisements were working thougth. Examples, "This is ___________, Transfer is available for _________; and the closing doors advertisements worked. The conductor started making advertisements in Brooklyn though.

uh... i dink u meant "ANNOUNCEMENT"... i dink da c/r misses makin da announcements himself and shut off da automated one and made his own. lol

Well, technically it's called the Nassau St. Line in Manhattan, which is probably why they have Nassau St. on the signs... I think they should use both Jamaica and Nassau.

same thing wit other lines tho, for example da (F):

Queens Blvd Express in Qns

6th Avenue Local in Manh

Culver Local in Bk

but they use the manhattan description 2 describe da lines. so it's nassau 4 janet.

I'm still disappointed that the MTA refuses to show anything BUT Nassau St on the displays of these trains (besides Skip-Stop). I mean, they only travel on Nassau St for 1 Stop (Fulton St), and that means (M) trains aren't even "Nassau St Locals" during Middays (neither are (J)s on weekends). They can display Jamaica Local (J) or Myrtle Av Local (M) or (if it won't confuse people) Broadway Local/EXP (J)/(Z), in addition to Nassau St. And what happened to West End for the rush hour (M)?

I agree. Even though Broadway may be confusing, I still don't think it should read Nassau either.

Archived