3563's New Diesel Life & 4766

The Real

Wow, that looks so weird @ 3763, bus looks like the top was literally just broken apart like a toy. Anyways, what buses are next to get the conversion? An Xcelsior on the Bx39, lol, that looks like overkill!

Apparently all the Gen II+'s at MTA Bus...

From what it looks like, yes.

What are the specs? ISL and Allison or ZF?

Awesome shots as always btw.

Apparently all the Gen II+'s at MTA Bus...

Smart move, but I thought this was just a 1-bus trial so far. The BAE HybriDrive was meant for urban stop and go traffic only, if this works out they should do the same thing to other BC/NYCT buses in the outer boroughs.

Now comes the part where everyone rushes for a sound clip or a video of 3563! Thanks for keeping us updated Trevor!

What are the specs? ISL and Allison or ZF?

Awesome shots as always btw.

Smart move, but I thought this was just a 1-bus trial so far. The BAE HybriDrive was meant for urban stop and go traffic only, if this works out they should do the same thing to other BC/NYCT buses in the outer boroughs.

Yup, Cummins ISL9 engine!

Whoops, my fault, sorry. ISL9 Engine. I don't know why I typed transmission. lol

I just checked the bus out today, definitely has a remaned ISL in it. I can't tell if its an EPA '04 or an EPA '07 though, definitely not an ISL9. Given the age of the bus and the fact that every new EPA diesel exhaust regulation comes with a higher price tag, I'm leaning towards it being an '04 regulated ISL. As for the transmission, the keypad in the front has an Allison symbol on it, so I'm assuming the transmission follows suit. I just don't know exactly which model it is. I'll see if I can dig up a few things on the computer

I just checked the bus out today, definitely has a remaned ISL in it. I can't tell if its an EPA '04 or an EPA '07 though, definitely not an ISL9. Given the age of the bus and the fact that every new EPA diesel exhaust regulation comes with a higher price tag, I'm leaning towards it being an '04 regulated ISL. As for the transmission, the keypad in the front has an Allison symbol on it, so I'm assuming the transmission follows suit. I just don't know exactly which model it is. I'll see if I can dig up a few things on the computer

I'm assuming it would be an EPA 07 ISL (or at least according to the documents that was posted some months ago)

Archived