2012 MTA Ridership Stats

BrooklynIRT

I'm not talking about the fare structure of a full service line, I'm talking about the route structure of a full service line....

You do try to morph local services here in NYC like that of NJT's full service lines..... I know what divert means, thanks....

A 10-15 minute diversion or extension over the highway on a local route is reasonable? For who exactly....

That is exactly my point when I say you don't even consider the actual residents of this city with your suggestions...

Yeah the subway only does so much, but that doesn't mean you attempt to f*** up local/LTD bus service in the process....

Lol, I'm just as much as stuck on local buses as you are stuck on putting local routes on highways....

Because we're talking about local buses, genius....

My money's on my way of thinking, and any transportation planner with a modicum of common sense would be too... Trying to improve local/LTD routes route by route wherever possible, instead of looking at the bigger picture (as you put it) in extending said routes along some highway to some external area where there is ZERO demand for, is flat out asinine, no matter how you slice it or refuse to come to grips to it....

1) ....like that suggestion of having the Bx46 extended to Van Cortlandt Park–242nd Street via say norwood and I-895...

2) Oh yeah, there was also the one where you figured out what to do with the Q76 - running it up to 233rd st (2) in the bronx via pelham bay park (6) & via baychester av.....

3) Had a good ole time cracking up at that Bx16 to morris heights via I-87 re-route as well....

4) Now you're talking about linking crown heights & flushing.... smh.....

I mean, for fu**s sake QJT, you are the same person that actually proposed a route that would "link" the Bronx to Nassau County :lol:

A local bus taking the I-87... LOL

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not talking about the fare structure of a full service line, I'm talking about the route structure of a full service line....

You do try to morph local services here in NYC like that of NJT's full service lines..... I know what divert means, thanks....

A 10-15 minute diversion or extension over the highway on a local route is reasonable? For who exactly....

That is exactly my point when I say you don't even consider the actual residents of this city with your suggestions...

Yeah the subway only does so much, but that doesn't mean you attempt to f*** up local/LTD bus service in the process....

Lol, I'm just as much as stuck on local buses as you are stuck on putting local routes on highways....

Because we're talking about local buses, genius....

My money's on my way of thinking, and any transportation planner with a modicum of common sense would be too... Trying to improve local/LTD routes route by route wherever possible, instead of looking at the bigger picture (as you put it) in extending said routes along some highway to some external area where there is ZERO demand for, is flat out asinine, no matter how you slice it or refuse to come to grips to it....

1) ....like that suggestion of having the Bx46 extended to Van Cortlandt Park–242nd Street via say norwood and I-895...

2) Oh yeah, there was also the one where you figured out what to do with the Q76 - running it up to 233rd st (2) in the bronx via pelham bay park (6) & via baychester av.....

3) Had a good ole time cracking up at that Bx16 to morris heights via I-87 re-route as well....

4) Now you're talking about linking crown heights & flushing.... smh.....

I mean, for fu**s sake QJT, you are the same person that actually proposed a route that would "link" the Bronx to Nassau County :lol:

Fortunately my final is different and Q76 is unchanged. Plus those examples were concepts. crown heights to flushing is a LTD by itself. I used those lines to eliminate concepts that are weak. Last I checked an airport is not nothing. That route that links to nassau does so due to connections in queens en rte to JFK since the original plan was a fail ending in the middle of nowhere. Do not bring up stuff I dropped dude. I look at 5 or more at once not everything is highway.

Fortunately my final is different and Q76 is unchanged. Plus those examples were concepts. crown heights to flushing is a LTD by itself. I used those lines to eliminate concepts that are weak. Last I checked an airport is not nothing. That route that links to nassau does so due to connections in queens en rte to JFK since the original plan was a fail ending in the middle of nowhere. Do not bring up stuff I dropped dude. I look at 5 or more at once not everything is highway.

Oh please... Your so called "routes" are belong long, poorly conceived and done with ignorance because if you actually traveled in the areas you'd know right off that the they would never work.  How you could even think a local bus has any business on the I-87 is beyond me...  :huh:

Oh please... Your so called "routes" are belong long, poorly conceived and done with ignorance because if you actually traveled in the areas you'd know right off that the they would never work.  How you could even think a local bus has any business on the I-87 is beyond me...  :huh:

It was a guess actually it was thrown out of my interborough proposal. Originally it was supposed to link the northeastern part f the bronx to the UWS and to (1) & (A) trains.

And go where exactly?? Why would it use the I-87 if it's supposed to connect to the UWS and the (1) and (A)??  :huh:

It's the quickest way from woodlawn and most direct way to get to marble hill then broadway to inwood. Originally it was to try and consolidate Bx16 and Bx34 into one service so this can be a pure 233rd street crosstown too. B35 is a bit nitpicky one of his flaws but I will deal with that soon once I get time to fully evaluate which ideas stick or need tweaking or to get dropped most of what he posted were outdated plans and were either modified completely or dropped altogether.

Crown heights to flushing is a LTD by itself, well that's just great.... Pat yourself on the back with that one....

The sad part is you really don't get it....

Dude, these are ideas you came up with in the first place.... Telling me whatever original plan of yours you're talking about that was a fail that ended in the middle of nowhere is much ado about nothing.... When the fact of the matter is you STILL make similar types of proposals - So it goes to show where your mind is at.... Instead of seeing the error of your ways, you continue coming up with ideas of the sort.... And try to fault me somehow for being stuck on local routes... man, get outta here....

Bring up stuff you dropped huh, Oh I'm sure you did - So much so that they've now been minimized to nothing more than so-called "concepts".... In those discussions, you were elaborating on them & defending them like they were actual proposals of yours..... So I know that's a crock.... Examples, yeah right....

I don't know why you're bringing up an airport & it being not nothing for.... Doesn't mean you get to send as many rte's as possible to one either... It's already been explained to you that airports don't need a slew of transit service to it.....

Good job trying to deny and justify your ridiculous ideas at the same time though..... Makes you look real intelligent.

Lol.... Which is exactly my point...

He pulls these ideas out of his behind & now is resorting to call em "concepts" to somehow try to save face.....

And go where exactly?? Why would it use the I-87 if it's supposed to connect to the UWS and the (1) and (A)??  :huh:

Because he has a highway fetish, that's why....Except of on with cars, it's with buses.

Have him tell it, putting buses on highways is the ultimate solution to enhancing a route like he'd have you believe with as many of his proposals that does so.... The logic is, highways is better than taking local roads - This notion that buses will always travel non-stop on highways, he gotta drop that line of thinking as well (especially in NYC).... What planet does he live on where our highways see little to no congestion whatsoever throughout the day? Sure as hell isn't earth....

He needs to Wake up & smell the coffee for crying out loud.... his rhetoric has long gotten tired.

He pulls these ideas out of his behind & now is resorting to call em "concepts" to somehow try to save face.....

Because he has a highway fetish, that's why....Except of on with cars, it's with buses.

Have him tell it, putting buses on highways is the ultimate solution to enhancing a route like he'd have you believe with as many of his proposals that does so.... The logic is, highways is better than taking local roads - This notion that buses will always travel non-stop on highways, he gotta drop that line of thinking as well (especially in NYC).... What planet does he live on where our highways see little to no congestion whatsoever throughout the day? Sure as hell isn't earth....

Like, Wake up & smell the coffee for crying out loud.... His rhetoric has long gotten tired.

LOL... Highway fetish...  I'm still puzzled on why this so called local bus route would take the I-87 and then serve the Upper West Side and the (1) and (A) train... I mean the Major Deegan is often times just as bad as the Gowanus or the SIE and then to have it go completely out of the way at that... He can't seriously think that he's streamlining any route when he has these suggestions where the routes actually do everything but run in a streamlined fashion.  

Crown heights to flushing is a LTD by itself, well that's just great.... Pat yourself on the back with that one....

The sad part is you really don't get it....

Dude, these are ideas you came up with in the first place.... Telling me whatever original plan of yours you're talking about that was a fail that ended in the middle of nowhere is much ado about nothing.... When the fact of the matter is you STILL make similar types of proposals - So it goes to show where your mind is at.... Instead of seeing the error of your ways, you continue coming up with ideas of the sort.... And try to fault me somehow for being stuck on local routes... man, get outta here....

Bring up stuff you dropped huh, Oh I'm sure you did - So much so that they've now been minimized to nothing more than so-called "concepts".... In those discussions, you were elaborating on them & defending them like they were actual proposals of yours..... So I know that's a crock.... Examples, yeah right....

I don't know why you're bringing up an airport & it being not nothing for.... Doesn't mean you get to send as many rte's as possible to one either... It's already been explained to you that airports don't need a slew of transit service to it.....

Good job trying to deny and justify your ridiculous ideas at the same time though..... Makes you look real intelligent.

Like, Wake up & smell the coffee for crying out loud.... His rhetoric has long gotten tired.

I am denying nothing I am just stating how it really is that is all I spit out things at random get feedback then modify or eliminate some of them. They were always concepts if they were full I'd explain other lines being affected as well. I don't need to save face you are just being rude and impatient. The thing is many local roads have bus service. Sometimes it's either or or based on reliability. I am aware of the congestion on many and prefer either using an alternate like nassau expressway or clearview. Or on some segments that don't get so congested you will see it after I am done with projects for this semester. Sometimes there is an underlying reason as in draw in enough people to push lines past their service span. I don't need to justify obsolete concepts that were just thrown out there nor do I have to make it less ridiculous cause YOU say so. You are just one person. I use other factors to eventually find balance. I do not have to satisfy YOU. 

what is is.  

LOL... Highway fetish...  I'm still puzzled on why this so called local bus route would take the I-87 and then serve the Upper West Side and the (1) and (A) train... I mean the Major Deegan is often times just as bad as the Gowanus or the SIE and then to have it go completely out of the way at that... He can't seriously think that he's streamlining any route when he has these suggestions where the routes actually do everything but run in a streamlined fashion.  

It would stay off the worst part actually it won't go to the UWS itself people will get there by switching to the (1). It would get off for 230th to get to (1) then end at inwood for the (A). It uses the least congested part of the deegan. 

....B35 is a bit nitpicky one of his flaws but I will deal with that soon once I get time to fully evaluate which ideas stick or need tweaking or to get dropped most of what he posted were outdated plans and were either modified completely or dropped altogether.

When it comes to calling out stupid, I certainly am nitpicky..... Don't deny it either....

Even if I were to take you on your word that you dropped those ideas, the train of thought behind those ideas hasn't flew the coop one bit.... Not one bit....

Try to weasel your way out of that one, Mr. Crown Heights to Flushing.....

I am denying nothing I am just stating how it really is that is all I spit out things at random get feedback then modify or eliminate some of them. They were always concepts if they were full I'd explain other lines being affected as well. I don't need to save face you are just being rude and impatient. The thing is many local roads have bus service. Sometimes it's either or or based on reliability. I am aware of the congestion on many and prefer either using an alternate like nassau expressway or clearview. Or on some segments that don't get so congested you will see it after I am done with projects for this semester. Sometimes there is an underlying reason as in draw in enough people to push lines past their service span. I don't need to justify obsolete concepts that were just thrown out there nor do I have to make it less ridiculous cause YOU say so. You are just one person. I use other factors to eventually find balance. I do not have to satisfy YOU. 

what is is.  

Many local roads have bus service, so let's put some of em on less congested highways..... Keep blowing us away with this great logic.

Addressing the rest of this post of yours.... What else is new, yet more super secret agent covert BS coming from you - You've been on that crap ever since you came on this forum... As far as to satisfy ME & this bit about being Impatient? Is that what you think this is about..... Dude, get real - Seriously, all jokes aside....

I think it goes without saying that I'm one person....

...and this one person is flat out TELLING you to do whatever you want to....

Besides, these proposals of yours have been quite amusing.... Oh, and not just to "ME" either, sir....

Lol... He believes it makes it faster.....  *Andele andele, arriba arriba, epa epa*....

Speed by itself isn't enough, you still have to have enough riders benefitting from the faster service as well....

What good is SPEED when much of no one will be utilizing these services (for a couple reasons)....

About the Deegan....

You know that & I know that, but hey, as he just got through stating.... He's aware of the congestion....

When it comes to calling out stupid, I certainly am nitpicky..... Don't deny it either....

Even if I were to take you on your word that you dropped those ideas, the train of thought behind those ideas hasn't flew the coop one bit.... Not one bit....

Try to weasel your way out of that one, Mr. Crown Heights to Flushing.....

Many local roads have bus service, so let's put some of em on less congested highways..... Keep blowing us away with this great logic.

Addressing the rest of this post of yours.... What else is new, yet more super secret agent covert BS coming from you - You've been on that crap ever since you came on this forum... As far as to satisfy ME & this bit about being Impatient? Is that what you think this is about..... Dude, get real - Seriously, all jokes aside....

I think it goes without saying that I'm one person....

...and this one person is flat out TELLING you to do whatever you want to....

Besides, these proposals of yours have been quite amusing.... Oh, and not just to "ME" either, sir....

Lol... He believes it makes them faster.....  *Andele andele, arriba arriba, epa epa*....

Speed by itself isn't enough, you still have to have enough riders benefitting from the faster service as well....

What good is SPEED when much of no one will be utilizing these services (for a couple reasons)....

About the Deegan....

You know that & I know that, but hey, as he just got through stating.... He's aware of the congestion....

That was a new service dude you really need to chill dude. Ohh well you will know the reasoning behind that route soon enough B35 no secret just that I have other things to take care of. You need to calm down there are no stupid things just incomplete things that is all. You people should calm down and counter with your own way. I'd let you have your venting fun. But I am patient. I will just learn from my friends to point out weaknesses and travel patterns.

Train of thought hmm yeah you truly are amusing and interesting so this is what to expect o well. I will have to look for data I wonder where I can find demographic travel data you got any ideas?

calling out so called stupid does that give you some kind of metal?

I don't know what you're smoking, but that must be pretty strong stuff if you think there's large, sustainable demand for express service from Crown Heights to Flushing...

You know, there's this great thing that takes people wherever they want to go, from point to point, at any time they so please. It's called a personal car. Some trips are inherently better-served by personal car, because either demand would be too low, operating expenses would be too high, or because it's too long of a trip to take by transit. Your routes fit all three of these descriptors. Just because you are willing to go through hoops to take transit anywhere, to the point of fetishizing it (you suggested subway to Amtrak to bus to get to Dorney Park in Allentown in chat once. really?), doesn't mean people in the real world are.

I don't know what you're smoking, but that must be pretty strong stuff if you think there's large, sustainable demand for express service from Crown Heights to Flushing...

You know, there's this great thing that takes people wherever they want to go, from point to point, at any time they so please. It's called a personal car. Some trips are inherently better-served by personal car, because either demand would be too low, operating expenses would be too high, or because it's too long of a trip to take by transit. Your routes fit all three of these descriptors. Just because you are willing to go through hoops to take transit anywhere, to the point of fetishizing it (you suggested subway to Amtrak to bus to get to Dorney Park in Allentown in chat once. really?), doesn't mean people in the real world are.

LMAO!! Couldn't have said it any better myself... And to add to that he thinks everyone should either be using the subway regardless of what their commute is like or taking a bus that meanders all over the place and on highways to give it "speed"...  <_<

It's not non stop dude I will give you details later If you actually looked into it you'd realize it's far more than just that. If you actually looked at other lines at kew gardens and woodhaven blvd you would realize that between those points alone is not what I am truly aiming for so fail. You do realize NYC has more people who do NOT own a car right?

Too long huh not even close.

LMAO!! Couldn't have said it any better myself... And to add to that he thinks everyone should either be using the subway regardless of what their commute is like or taking a bus that meanders all over the place and on highways to give it "speed"...  <_<

This won't meander at all so negative. So taking a direct route on I-678 to kew gardens and then union tpk to the parkway is meandering to you? you sure?

Sure it won't just like your X28 proposal...

To be honest that X28 proposal was to restore saturday service fully and have 2 bases on it that extension would be a saturday/weekday midday ONLY proposal. NOT full time as the ridership on BM3 and X28 is too high at the peak times. This may create new travel opportunities that are unintended sort of However you have somewhat of a point as it does contradict my other proposal so you may be right in that regard.

That route is meant to be a LTD stop similar to the B103 in nature The catch is it basically makes up for gaps in the subway network like most buses it is not meant to be used end to end. You will understand better after I map it out culver was right about that part. It just links several transfer points together that's all you can call it an interborough crosstown pretty much. By itself it's market is small but when you look at it's intermittent points that market gets much bigger it would close a gap in transit service on eastern parkway as a secondary effect. Most LTD have a short local segment then LTD segment when they operate with local variants but B103 has no local this line is no different. Eastern-to-jackie robinson to union tpk to avoid low bridges then to I-678 via kew gardens. But I am getting curious about other surrounding modes like the LIRR but the fare structure is separate if it was integrated it would nullify my draft connector route that was mentioned earlier.

Your argument intrigues me though very much.

Interesting what would happen to LIRR atlantic would it really downgrade to just a shuttle in the future? That does present unique opportunities.

Interesting what would happen to LIRR atlantic would it really downgrade to just a shuttle in the future? That does present unique opportunities.

I'm waiting for your B25 to Q56 route from Downtown Brooklyn to Jamaica Station. It's basically a straight route. No highways either. It might be a little too slow, however. Just kidding, QJT. Don't take it seriously, PLEASE.

I'm waiting for your B25 to Q56 route from Downtown Brooklyn to Jamaica Station. It's basically a straight route. No highways either. It might be a little too slow, however. Just kidding, QJT. Don't take it seriously, PLEASE.

Nope I have no such route too long and slow duplicates the subway. I know your kidding I find it amusing really.

The hell?

Keep track of your posting.

I heard about it somewhere is it true? PM me or other LIRR thread.

Archived