Broward County Transit to Introduce New 40-foot Hybrid Buses

DJ MC

Broward County Transit (BCT) is introducing new, 40-foot buses that consist of 28 diesel-powered and 21 hybrid-diesel/electric buses, as part of the agency’s 2013 bus replacement plan. The new buses will replace 49 of the 313 current buses in the fleet. 

“The buses offer our riders a level of comfort they deserve and are in line with our commitment to offering a more cost-effective and fuel efficient fleet,” said Tim Garling, director of Broward County Transit Division.

Source: Read more here

4349_1328_03142013_New%202013%20Hybrid-D

By the way, no this is not a CNG bus. Just to clear up the confusion. The bus was built like that.

Yeah, that bus looks identical to DART's CNG Gen IIIs, had me real confused when I first saw it! Looks like NABI is gonna be building all Gen IIIs with the roof looking like a CNG tank, or at least the hybrids. 

Good to see BCT getting more new buses, not a big fan of the Gen IIIs as you all know but I'm actually looking forward to seeing/riding one next time I head down there. Also great to see hybrids still being ordered.

Yeah, that bus looks identical to DART's CNG Gen IIIs, had me real confused when I first saw it! Looks like NABI is gonna be building all Gen IIIs with the roof looking like a CNG tank, or at least the hybrids. 

Good to see BCT getting more new buses, not a big fan of the Gen IIIs as you all know but I'm actually looking forward to seeing/riding one next time I head down there. Also great to see hybrids still being ordered.

Everyone around here buys hybrids as an "alternative" to buying CNG buses. I will say that HART's CNG fueling station will be completed later this year. They will then order CNG buses. 

Archived