45 years ago

Phantom909

april 4, 1968 we lost one of the greatest americans tragically. rest in peace dr. king.

joe

I'm probably one of the few people on these forums who was alive to see Dr. King give that speech and to remember the day he died. They're memories of some of the high points and low points of my life. Just got off the phone with mom and she pointed out how far we have come,as Black people and as Americans, and how much further we have to go to really realize Dr. King's dream. As she put it, some of us seem to be heading backwards. Thank you for the link.

As she put it, some of us seem to be heading backwards.

Your mother speaks wise words. Our country should be a lot further than where it is today, but we have Dr. King to thank for being at least this far.

We should have progressed farther as an nation a long time ago. And yes it seems to me too that American society seems to be going backwards, not forwards. Too many people today suffering from all sorts of problems linked to a troubled and divided society, straight across the board.

Indeed the assassination of MLK ,it was tragic, as much so as the assassinations of RFK and JFK, the sudden death of Bruce Lee, the apparent suicide of Kurt Cobain, our loss of the late Bob Marley, the late John Lennon who was murdered, Mr. Jimi Hendrix and many others.... these men really shaped the fabric of American society for the better. 

• 5 years later...

Archived