Yet another post

overclocked

I don't enjoy it, and these aren't great shots either. :P

I personally like how the 5th shot came out.

By the way, you don't bother with white balance, right? I find that many of your underground shots are leaning towards the "cool" side.

I don't enjoy it, and these aren't great shots either. :P

I personally like how the 5th shot came out.

By the way, you don't bother with white balance, right? I find that many of your underground shots are leaning towards the "cool" side.

Its those freaking old 68s ugh I can't stand them, their fugly bonnets that is. Can't wait till they are all shining silver.

I like it cool ~3000k underground, anything bigger than that and silver begins to absorb color, less and it will be even more blue.

That at least that's how I see things, Photoshop (LR) usually agrees with me (using white balance selector).

Excellent coverage and shots. LR Auto tends to get it right underground, while to me, outdoors it makes the photo way to warm.

I don't even bother with WB outside, the cam gets it right 99.9% of the time. Now underground, everyone of them needs to be adjusted. What I usually do is pick the WB selector and point towards definitely white surface. It gets it right ~3000k and everyone is happy.

Its those freaking old 68s ugh I can't stand them, their fugly bonnets that is. Can't wait till they are all shining silver.

I think what they need is a really good wash instead, because even the ones that got repainted got dirty to the same point as those that didn't get their bonnets repainted. Their roof, too - it's dirty, and they also got this wavy imprint on them that appears exactly the same on all of their cars. You don't see this on Coney Island's R68s, or the R68As, or even on any other rolling stock.

I think what they need is a really good wash instead, because even the ones that got repainted got dirty to the same point as those that didn't get their bonnets repainted. Their roof, too - it's dirty, and they also got this wavy imprint on them that appears exactly the same on all of their cars. You don't see this on Coney Island's R68s, or the R68As, or even on any other rolling stock.

It has to do more with quality of the paint job i guess. Some 68s are painted well, almost indistinguishable from 46/62, while others are horrible. I've got me a 68 without new paint job just out of washer a while ago, although it was very clean in and out, the bonnets were same ugly dark gray.

Archived