Map Drawings Made By JennM7Lover

For the (V) train lovers, and I know I'm stupid, but random, here is a little video of the V train station map..and this one here says its terminal is Rockaway Parkway, via the (J)(L) line..instead of 2 Avenue.

Sup JennM7Lover! 

I'm looking at the video posted, so is this your proposal: A (V) train service from the Archer Ave Line and the IND QBL, then via 53rd St tunnel to the IND 6th Ave line through the Christie St Cut out over the Willy B to the BMT Jamaica/Broadway El switching to the end leg of the Canarsie line from the Broadway Junction complex. In effect, the KK train, post Christie St Cut, but with an extension out to the Queens Blvd Line providing local service.

Is that correct?

Sup JennM7Lover! 

I'm looking at the video posted, so is this your proposal: A (V) train service from the Archer Ave Line and the IND QBL, then via 53rd St tunnel to the IND 6th Ave line through the Christie St Cut out over the Willy B to the BMT Jamaica/Broadway El switching to the end leg of the Canarsie line from the Broadway Junction complex. In effect, the KK train, post Christie St Cut, but with an extension out to the Queens Blvd Line providing local service.

Is that correct?

Except the (K) via Christie did not run to Canarsie.

Shall we post some of our own ideas as to routes that we would like to see? Might as well. I got some ideas. Been a while.

Yeah we got another thread for this but rules are made to be broken as the saying goes. Let's hope Lance don't see this post either.....

The forbidden letter: (W). Oh noes. Hmmm hmmm. Hmmm.

Shall we post some of our own ideas as to routes that we would like to see? Might as well. I got some ideas. Been a while.

Yeah we got another thread for this but rules are made to be broken as the saying goes. Let's hope Lance don't see this post either.....

Or any old-time mod in general lol.

I'd take a gamble.

When the (Q) heads up the SAS in 2016: Reactivate the (W). Restore the (N) express in Manhattan. Need I even say additional service is needed on the 4th ave line? Need I dare say it? The other forbidden letter. Should I dare link thisi route to Brooklyn? You know, the old school BMT banker special ROW......

So you are suggesting that Jenn's own thread should be locked upon her return? Totally disagree.

So as we we're saying:

Ya's want me to make a map for the (J) to 95th too? I can today.

Go for it! I would love to see this. Your first subway map was really creative. I like it.

So you are suggesting that Jenn's own thread should be locked upon her return? Totally disagree.

So as we we're saying:

Go for it! I would love to see this. Your first subway map was really creative. I like it.

I mean that the route proposals from others should go to that thread. If she wants to share her map that's fine...

(BTW, just because anyone returned doesn't exempt them from the rules.)

So as we we're saying: 

Ya's want me to make a map for the  (J) to 95th too? I can today.

My apologies for the sudden interuption, lets continue to discuss. Yeah by all means Jenn go for it and post it! What do you plan to propose in your map? I can give you some suggestions and helpful feedback.

There's a thread for this stuff already...

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/24490-create-your-own-subway-route/page-17

Posting the video of the map here was fine, but for creating new routes you have that...

I mean that the route proposals from others should go to that thread. If she wants to share her map that's fine...

(BTW, just because anyone returned doesn't exempt them from the rules.)

Technically, this is not a new subway route creation. It's a drawing of a map of a route that never was in place. There was such a route in the works waaaaaay back before our time, but besides that, it was also a planned reroute for the (V) during the times when it was said that the (V) would replace the (M). So this thread will stay here as is.

You backseat mods need to chill out.

Here it is..the one with the J train to 95 Street..my dumb proposal: Bring this baby back! And I will be the one to tell ya why. The 4th Avenue line is total crap right now without the Nassau Street (M). The (R) in my book needs help with local service. And here you go.

Here it is..the one with the J train to 95 Street..my dumb proposal: Bring this baby back! And I will be the one to tell ya why. The 4th Avenue line is total crap right now without the Nassau Street (M). The (R) in my book needs help with local service. And here you go.

I'm sure many transit enthusiasts are going to dig this. (lol that was quick how did you draw that so quickly?)

There are some concerns but given these are mock proposals fior the lutz lets list them:

The usual counterarguement is this: "Not enough rolling stock, not enough funds to cover payroll, not enough capacity at Dekalb to prevent bottlenecking, blah blah blah)

However I like this because:

1) As you said the headways on the (R) calls for added service for brooklyn residents. brooklyn has the highest rate of population growth in the city necessesating the need.

2) Historically, the BMT did indeed enact routes like this before. Again with the ( M ) before the budget cuts in 2010. Also during 9/11 it was also done where the (J) was indeed extended to Brooklyn.

3) The MTA did technically experience a surplus from the NYS (Just posted in another thread via Sheephead Bites), it states the MTA will make increases in funding payroll.

4) Soon we will receive new rolling stocks (i.e the R179's)

So if let's say that you was the MTA Chairperson, this can indeed work. At least to the extent you can order the mandate to activate (J) service to Brooklyn during rush hours at least as they did with the < R > back in the days as well. I believe in 1985 they did this.

Yeah the (J) during the aftermath of 9/11, to 95th Street, and also the < R > from Nassau st in 1985. There's a 1985 map somewhere in the archives, I gotta find it and repost the link so you can see it.

.... Wait a sec found it!

Link: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/29725-1985-new-york-city-subway-map/?p=454039

Pics (Courtesy of R32's:

19854.jpg

198511.png

The (J) to 95th, while a novel idea, couldn't work.

1. People constantly neglect the (Z). Skip-stop service would be impossible to time if to extended both or just one. Delays along 4th Avenue could cause bunching, and if you just extended the (J) and not the (Z) timing trains to run correctly for skip-stop service would be a PITA.

2. As shown by the old (M) to Bay Parkway, little to no one needs Nassau Avenue from South Brooklyn. A similar thing would happen with the (J) 's, with (R) trains remaning crowded and (J) 's carrying air along 4th Avenue. It's not practical.

3. Finally, car lengths. This isn't that bad of an issue, but if (J) trains do see usage, the shorter trains could pose a problems.

Archived