NYC, Round Four

PATH, Hudson-Bergen Lightrail and NJ Transit Buses in one thread!

8624812872_37c1d88cce_b.jpg

8623708167_dab751d603_b.jpg

dsc09000l.jpg

dsc09002s.jpg

8623703521_5896b9b75b_b.jpg

8624807314_e4bc60b9a7_b.jpg

8624806884_9c9cb41a40_b.jpg

Yes Port Authority, I have done the impossibru... and there is nothing you can do about it! :P

dsc00817ci.jpg

dsc00815z.jpg

8624807646_8a2c62b68c_b.jpg

Finally some buses:

dsc00818c.jpg

dsc00820dk.jpg

dsc00821k.jpg

dsc00822r.jpg

dsc00823m.jpg

dsc00825pf.jpg

dsc00826sh.jpg

Newark Light Rail & moar NYC Subway action coming soon! Stay tuned!

Those train signals that are identical to ordinary pedestrian signals are neat. This is Jersey City, right?

I recall they're common to see there at certain locations.

dsc00817ci.jpg

Wow. The switches are just a drop from the platform. This is hard to find in the NYC subway, but seem to be common for railroads like LIRR. I'd imagine a train coming in from the straight track segment would have to keep doors in the rear closed.

Wow. The switches are just a drop from the platform. This is hard to find in the NYC subway, but seem to be common for railroads like LIRR. I'd imagine a train coming in from the straight track segment would have to keep doors in the rear closed.

This is the only station on PATH that is like this, they don't have to worry about the doors opening on the wrong track and having a huge gap since:

1) Trains normally only come towards that switch from the other end of the station, so there's no worry about the back of the train (I believe they might single track over there in the opposite direction, I have had it happen once, though its the same thing from the normal direction (see 2 to clarify)

2) The track that goes towards the platform has 8-car trains, therefore it still reaches the end of the platform but stays next to the platform. The track that goes the other way has 7-car trains, and the front of the train only goes as far as before the switch starts.

I have never seen this before in the NYC subway, It is very common on railroads (They have some smack in the middle of the station at Penn Station), Im guessing they did this here on PATH due to space issues (If they split a bit farther up, the tunnel curve would be too tight, something like that).

Archived