Set of 160s on the early morning Q

The Question

Greetings!

I have seen one R160 on the (Q) when they first started testing, but i suspect in the coming weeks they will move the older cars off the (:)(D)(Q) and (F) and put mostly newer cars.

- Andy

im new to this site , and i have a question , as these r160 trains come along n the old cars r retiring , and i also kno the r32 should b retiring , so what trains would replace the c , since the c only runs with 8 cars

The (C) will have 38's until the end of this year,then the 40M/42 and eventully the R46.

Has anyone noticed the set of 160s on the morning rush hour Q? Coney Island-bound arrives at 7th Ave, Brooklyn @ about 7:10am. Manhattan-bound through 7th Ave @ 7:50am. Its been consistent since I noticed about three weeks ago.

- (Q) The Question

not really

oh and welcome to NYCTF, nice handle btw... were u on subchat b4?:)

ok so if the c got the r46 , then it would a full 8 car train or would it b shorter like 4 - 6 cars???? and would it eventually get the r179 or 160

It would be an full eight car train. As for your other question, as of right now thats still up in the air.

ok one last question i have is , i always thought the order would b like this , r160b on the n,q,w. the 4 car set r160as to the j,m,l,z and the 5 car set r160a to the a,c,g , will it happen like this or am i completly wrong

First two parts, right.

The second part nope, those will go to jamaica(Queens blvd lines). Since the (G) is getting transfered to CI yard there a SILGHT chance that 160's might run on the (G) line.

The second part nope, those will go to jamaica(Queens blvd lines).

I thought Jamaica isn't getting ANY R160s. They can't handle the roof mounted HVAC (even tough they can't really maintain anything else either). Of course, I'm not complaining, R160s on the (E) would be pretty cool. :)

I thought Jamaica isn't getting ANY R160s. They can't handle the roof mounted HVAC (even tough they can't really maintain anything else either). Of course, I'm not complaining, R160s on the (E) would be pretty cool. :)

Jamaica is currently getting equipment for roof mounted HAVC...

Jamaica is getting ethier the 179's or 160's.

Archived