"not allowed to visit this forum" from my phone....

Burrstone

Question

11 answers to this question

Thats the error you get if you're banned. You may have caught an IP block.

Thats the error you get if you're banned. You may have caught an IP block.

These are the errors I am *still* having when I post. I have taken your suggestions on to posting in BB Code mode in reading another thread on posting problems and I was editing and deleting the double quotes to a single quote. I just left it as it is to recreate the problem. And there's even more.... But I'll live with it, not a major annoyance to me. No big deal, just wanted to highlight this problem, that is intermittent and reoccurring.

Long story short Brett on Burrstone's problem, I agree,  it is a IP block from the problems we all had to tackle as of late. Service provider end.

Well, looks like the double posting is still alive.

Anyway, you should only be getting that error if you're banned from here and thus unable to login. Burrstone may have caught an IP block, so he should shoot one of the staff a message with his phone's IP address and we can check it. Any other times you get this error is a bug and you should be able to ignore it for now.

Anyway, you should only be getting that error if you're banned from here and thus unable to login. Burrstone may have caught an IP block, so he should shoot one of the staff a message with his phone's IP address and we can check it. Any other times you get this error is a bug and you should be able to ignore it for now.

Sounds like a plan, Brett on Burrstone's issue. ( No double quote this time.)

As others suggested, attempt to resolve the problem by clearing your cache or deleting your cookies if you haven't already. Another suggestion is to reattempt to log in at least twice.

For a while my mobile device wasn't allowing me to visit the site on my first log in attempt. Your problem is likely entirely different but it's worth a shot.

Try resetting your Cache. If that doesn't work, reset your Cookies.

This worked so far, but I'm a home and it usually works at home.  If I continue to a problem who should I send my ip address to?

If I have any further problems (as it has worked on and off before) usually only working at home (and I have wifi turned off on my phone) so I'll make sure it's working later when I'm out.  This started maybe a month ago when I was in upstate, ny, couldn't log in at all I figured it was an IP block, forgot about it then I noticed it working on and off...

Your phone definitely is switching between allowed and blocked IP addresses.  I would need the blocked IP address so I can whitelist it if possible.

The next time I have a problem I'll send you the IP.

If I'm using a blocked IP and my phone switches to another IP does the forum see me as being banned, logging in on another IP and block me on the good IP?  Or would you have to actually block the IP for me not to be able to log gain access from that IP?

If I'm using a blocked IP and my phone switches to another IP does the forum see me as being banned, logging in on another IP and block me on the good IP?  Or would you have to actually block the IP for me not to be able to log gain access from that IP?

Your user account isn't banned at all just certain IP addresses.  We have users that try to bypass banned IP addresses by registering/loggin in using their mobile phones or computers at school.

Archived