Orion V CNG on the Q33

Bracamonte

A half an hour ago, while I was walking to vaughn college. I saw an Orion V CNG approaching. At first I though it was one of those usual not-in-service buses, but I saw that it was signed up as a Q33, a bus route based from LGA that only uses RTS's, ex-Bee Lines Orion V's, and Orion VII's. First I thought it was someone playing with the signs, but there were people on board. Was there any bus swaps or are these new to LGA? The last time I saw Orion V CNG's on the Q33 was when the route was under Triboro Coach.

Goji said it all.

Nice to see one on the 33 though, seems to me like they try to keep it 100% NG whenever they can.

And with the recent RTSs they've been getting, the amount of CNGs you'll be seeing on LG routes is decreasing.

And with the recent RTSs they've been getting, the amount of CNGs you'll be seeing on LG routes is decreasing.

Funny you mentioned that because the amount isn't the same each weekday..sometimes the amount is less in one day, sometimes the amount is more on another day. For example Monday about 5 were taken out while on Tuesday 10 were taken out.

You'll usually see the CNG's on the LG routes during the morning and afternoon rush, as those loaners assist for the rush hours. You'll see various parked at LG, but once 8PM strikes, once the B/O's finish their last round, they deadhead directly to CP to return the buses so that CP can refuel them. so you'll slowly see less CNG's or none at all during the evening and late night

I noticed that the majority of the Orion V CNG's are ex-Queens Surface units. What happened to the ex-Triboro and Command units?

One of the last ex-TBC buses I saw was 7216? at SC. I think those are all gone, nothing left of TBC. Once those Command buses goes, then there will be nothing left from the Cooper 4.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived