Recenty updated R160 Announcements

Mr Railfan

I recorded the newly updated R160 announcements and thought i should share: 

Updated (N) via the (R) and (D) line announcements going southbound:

Updated (N) and (Q) announcements at 34 street: 

Updated (M) train Transfers in manhattan

Updated (E) 34 street announcement: 

Updated (Q) to Atlantic-Barclays announcement: 

Short announcements like "This is a Brooklyn bound Q express train" are better than long announcements like "This is a Jackson Heights Roosevelt Avenue bound F local train".

How can you replace the last stop in the last borough?

One could hope that these announcements can be updated remotely? Or is a physical "plug-in" required?

I believe it was mentioned at some prior point here on the board that not only is a physical plug-in required, but it can only be done by the manufacturer. So a kawasaki/alstom/bombardier rep has to come out, board the train, and plug in a laptop? (or was it a floppy disc, I don't even know) to the on board computer to update station names and announcements. 

How can you replace the last stop in the last borough?

Well, maybe by reducing the lenght of the station name in announcement, I don't think that the full station should be pronounced when it is composed of four words.

Instead of saying "this is a Jackson Heights Roosevelt Avenue bound F local train", announcement could say "this is a Jackson Heights bound F local train", this is enough in my opinion as there is only one Jackson Heights station in the F subway.

Archived