Breaking News, Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

DJ MC

I was with a friend at a dress rehearsal for a musical on the MIT campus when this happened; she heard the original thing on the scanners around 10:45-11ish (the official alert went out at 10:48 PM), and apparently an MIT campus police officer was shot over near Kendall Square around 10:30PM; this was followed by an armed robbery at the 7-11 near Kendall Square.  My friend and I got on the Boston PD radio frequencies, and I heard a second armed robbery (at the 7-11 in Central Square, Cambridge) coming in sometime after 11 (my guess would be 11:30ish, but I don't remember offhand). It turned out about half an hour to an hour later that the cop died at Massachusetts General Hospital.

A couple hours after that, there was an armed robbery off Memorial Drive and River St (put the three locations into Google Maps and you get a triangle about 15 minutes on foot per side) followed by a hijacking of a state police SUV in the same general area. Not long after, some f****r set off a bunch of grenades in Watertown, got into a machine gun fight with cops (and took down several of them; we heard the gunfire on the scanner), and apparently left an IED in a car (all in Watertown). Someone also called in a bomb threat at Mt. Auburn Hospital, and it was confirmed that a cop was killed in the gunfight in question.Also, bomb threat on Mt. Auburn St, and a second cop is now confirmed dead (in Watertown). The suspects have been named (on the scanners) as Mike Mulugeta and Sunil Tripathi, and it has been confirmed that Mulugeta and Tripathi are also suspected of pulling off the marathon bombings. Furthermore, one of them is dead, and the other is still at large. They're going door-to-door in Watertown to try to grab the at-large one.

There's a tweet database that has records of all of this as it was happening at https://twitter.com/dannysullivan/watertown

So far, it's been this:

As per the news outlets, the suspect remaining is 19-year-old Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev; his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed earlier. Both are of Chechen origin, but Dzhokhar was born in Kyrgyzstan. From what I hear and read, those around them were quite shocked at this. Listening to this interview from his wrestling buddies, Dzhokhar comes off as just a normal kid, who was captain of the wrestling team and was part of a club dedicated to help disabled kids.

390-manhunt-split.jpg

One down, one to go.

A Boston Marathon bombing suspect was gunned down in a blazing firefight with cops while his armed and dangerous terrorist brother remained on the run early Friday, authorities said.

The intense manhunt for suspect Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, followed a night of terror that left a college police officer slain and a transit cop seriously injured.

“We believe this man to be a terrorist,” said Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis about Tsarnaev. “We believe this to be a man who’s come here to kill people.”

His brother, 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed during a wild shootout where the suspects threw bombs at pursuing police in a desperate attempt to escape three days after Monday’s twin blasts near the race’s finish line.
Read more: Source

And to imagine we have to thank a department store with HD cameras trained across the street from the store for the clear images of the suspects. Well one thing you can bet from this: more cameras will be going up. I wouldn't be surprised they tried to go further into residential areas.

That along with copycats trying to imitate the tragic events that took place on Monday are some of the things I'm concerned about.

Fox is talking about the boat, haven't heard anything about a fire.

If it's on fire they torched him Waco/Chris Dorner style.

According to MSNBC, there is a negotiator on the scene. And yes Orion I also heard about the boat, however I don't know about a fire. There doesn't appear to be one. I did hear he was hit by bullets from last night's shooting. Now he's in custody and is alive. Apparently it's over.

What the f**k is the motive behind the massacre? Can anyone elaborate on this for us? 

Discuss.

Speculate, whatever. We need to get to the next phase here. The media and the feds are revealing no details and are just enjoying the limelight. As a civilian I want facts. Know what I mean? I want answers and so do all of us.

Such as?

Increased gun control law(s) have already been shot down. I doubt much will change.

Gun control is not the problem. There will always be weapons of all sorts, and guns will only be one of them. Surveillance and privacy invasion are the problems.

This is very interesting to say the least. History in the making.

I have to agree.

This whole gun law thing is driving me crazy they talk about it likes there's no tomorrow but still nothing and like I said in another thread we can't go paranoid with guns but we got to be careful that they don't get in wrong hands.

Archived