Two R42's on the Echo...

RTOMan

Yesss...I saw an R42 (E) set heading downtown at 14th today around 10.35 AM....it was funny because at first I thought it was an (A) that jus happened to have wrong signage on some of the cars...but then I noticed all the cars displayed the (E) route......I was kinda shocked....I never thought the R42s would end up in Jamaica Yard

(F) is still running R32's. I got on one the other day. The (F) line should be all R46 in my opinion.

The (E) should be R42+R46 and R32s as necessary to fill the gap.

Maybe as more R160s come in the cars will move around in Jamaica Yard even more. R32's are still found on the (E) and (R) and (F). Gotta get more of those R160's in so that newer cars make their way down to Jamaica Yard.

Maybe as more R160s come in the cars will move around in Jamaica Yard even more. R32's are still found on the (E) and (R) and (F). Gotta get more of those R160's in so that newer cars make their way down to Jamaica Yard.

Jamaica Yard isn't getting R160s. Maybe it might get the R160A option order but I doubt it because Jmaica Yard can't take care of cars with roof-mounted HVAC yet.

The (E) should be R42 exclusive, and shift some R32s over to the (F) and (R) Lines.

Well here is the deal:

The (E) right now is mostly R32 with few R46.

The (F) right now is mostly R46 with a few R32.

The (R) right now is mostly R46 with a few R32.

We know that the (E) has R32, R42 and R46 right now.

The (F) is still R46 with a few R32 as well as the (R).

Subway car assignments (ESTIMATED)

(A) R32, R38,R40M, R42 and R44 cars

(B) R40S, R40M, R68 and R68A

(C) R32 and R38

(D) R68

(E) R32 and R46

(F) R32 and R46

(G) R46 entirely

(J) R42, and eventually R160A

(L) R143 and R160A

(M) R160A

(N) R160A R160B, R68 and R68A

(Q) R68, R68A, R160B

(R) R46 with some R32

(S) Franklin Avenue Shuttle uses R68

(S) Rockaway Shuttle uses R44

(V) R46

(W) R160B with some R68 and R68A

(Z) R160A

Each month there are more R160's coming in to the system and right now it seems like they are going to the (J) and so the R42's are coming to Jamaica Yard.

Anyways, nothing exciting here. 2009 will be a much better year for subway car assignments. The cars which appear to be on the phaseout list or already phased out now are:

R32, R38, R40. More of these gone every month as R160's arrive.

As soon as a car is moved to a different line or new cars move in the reports come here. So when the R160s move into a new line after the (J) I am sure I will hear it here first.

Well here is the deal:

The (E) right now is mostly R32 with few R46.

The (F) right now is mostly R46 with a few R32.

The (R) right now is mostly R46 with a few R32.

We know that the (E) has R32, R42 and R46 right now.

The (F) is still R46 with a few R32 as well as the (R).

Subway car assignments (ESTIMATED)

(A) R32, R38,R40M, R42 and R44 cars

(B) R40S, R40M, R68 and R68A

(C) R32 and R38

(D) R68

(E) R32 and R46

(F) R32 and R46

(G) R46 entirely

(J) R42, and eventually R160A

(L) R143 and R160A

(M) R160A

(N) R160A R160B, R68 and R68A

(Q) R68, R68A, R160B

(R) R46 with some R32

(S) Franklin Avenue Shuttle uses R68

(S) Rockaway Shuttle uses R44

(V) R46

(W) R160B with some R68 and R68A

(Z) R160A

Each month there are more R160's coming in to the system and right now it seems like they are going to the (J) and so the R42's are coming to Jamaica Yard.

Anyways, nothing exciting here. 2009 will be a much better year for subway car assignments. The cars which appear to be on the phaseout list or already phased out now are:

R32, R38, R40. More of these gone every month as R160's arrive.

As soon as a car is moved to a different line or new cars move in the reports come here. So when the R160s move into a new line after the (J) I am sure I will hear it here first.

I'm well aware of this, but I was only saying that more R32s should be shifted over to the (F) and (R) lines.

More cars of the R32 are being phased out. Why would the (F) + (R) need more R32's? They need less. Unless you mean replace the Phase 2 with Phase 1 but even the Phase 1 will probably disappear eventually. The R46's are still in service and aren't going anywhere. As more R42's come in, it means less R32's needed till their eventual phaseout as more R160's come in and they start appearing on more lines.

Jamaica Yard isn't getting R160s. Maybe it might get the R160A option order but I doubt it because Jmaica Yard can't take care of cars with roof-mounted HVAC yet.

r160b will be exclusively coney island... they wont be based at jamaica.

jamaica might take 179s, but its too early 2 tell.

but. newayz, HERE THEY R ON DA EMILY!

well does anyone know if more R-32's have been shifted to the (R)???...because the train I catch in the AM use to be an R-46 set & now its an R-32 and I always see at least one or two other R-32 (R) sets heading downtown before I reach 23rd St...its the same during the evening as well

Ive also been seeing more R-68 (N)'s lately as well...

well does anyone know if more R-32's have been shifted to the (R)???...because the train I catch in the AM use to be an R-46 set & now its an R-32 and I always see at least one or two other R-32 (R) sets heading downtown before I reach 23rd St...its the same during the evening as well

Ive also been seeing more R-68 (N)'s lately as well...

You're seeing more R68 on (N) cause they are sending a lotta R160B over to the (Q) and R32 are on the (R) because Jamaica Yard is getting more. I hope one day we'll see R42 on (R)

The (E) has all the junk trains from the other lines. R42, R46 and R32 all are old.

Would be nice if those R68's could be replaced with R160's and those R68's moved to the E or the F at a minimum. But alas, R32, R42 and R46 are the older cars.

With the R42's being put on the line, it makes me wonder how long those cars will remain for on the line before they are junked.

The (E) has all the junk trains from the other lines. R42, R46 and R32 all suck.

Would be nice if those R68's could be replaced with R160's and those R68's moved to the E or the F at a minimum. But alas, R32, R42 and R46 all suck.

The Jamaica Yard really needs new cars.

can u wait? like till 2013 for new tech cars? the 160s WILL NOT run on the jamaica yd lines, despite havin announcements and route info in the systems.

wow... u do vent a lot of dislike for slightly older technology. they aren't junk. they just aged. when they were fresh from the plants they were considered modern. to "cheer" u up a bit though, the 32s are going to go swimming this year and next. and the 42s, perhaps some mods?, will replace them i guess. they will be around for awhile till they get the next series... the r179. the mods and 42s might serve atlantis if there are more option orders for the r160, but i guess that would be unlikely. as for the 46, idk.

• 1 month later...
The (E) has all the junk trains from the other lines. R42, R46 and R32 all are old.

Would be nice if those R68's could be replaced with R160's and those R68's moved to the E or the F at a minimum. But alas, R32, R42 and R46 are the older cars.

With the R42's being put on the line, it makes me wonder how long those cars will remain for on the line before they are junked.

The E is running the oldest equipment, along with the C. However, I would not group the R46 with the R32 and R42. The R46 is more middle aged and a more modern design (yes, circa 70s interior and all).

The E won't use another 75 footer like the 68, the 46s were removed due to dwell times. But I am puzzled why the E operators are not being trained to run the 160s and no new equipment seems to be in the works for this major line that is the second most crowded line in the system.

The E is running the oldest equipment, along with the C. However, I would not group the R46 with the R32 and R42. The R46 is more middle aged and a more modern design (yes, circa 70s interior and all).

The E won't use another 75 footer like the 68, the 46s were removed due to dwell times. But I am puzzled why the E operators are not being trained to run the 160s and no new equipment seems to be in the works for this major line that is the second most crowded line in the system.

two words...

Jamaica Yard

Archived