Hate Crime Arrest Causes Pandemonium on Subway

Abba

I don't care what culture you personally deal with, you can ask whoever you want about their putting up of some clip on worldstar, and I'm not implicating there aren't other uses for cameras....

Spare me your snarky remarks.... It's looking like you want to be argumentative just for the sake of doing so.

There are a wad of people out here whipping out cameras & recording shit to upload for attention.....

Exactly....

I think you are missing my point. I am challenging the assumptions both you and VG8 are making.

You should not assume things about people.

You assumed that this woman is part of this "culture', yet I have witnessed women of different racial and national backgrounds act aggressively. Would say a Colombian woman who behaves this way apart of this "culture" too? Would a white woman acting like this be part of this 'culture' as well?

Also, how would you define 'culture'?

Sure, there are people uploading things for "attention"--that's the point. They want others to see it. I guess that's the point of video, TV and recordings, afterall.

So I really don't know where you're going with this 'attention' argument. If say I was being robbed or jumped and someone had a camera, I would appreciate them filming it--that would probably help catch them.

LOL... Dude the article clearly states what led to the arrest unless we're reading two different articles.  Let's face it here... The guy is being charged with a hate crime, period. Stop trying to shake around the issue.  

As for my other "generalization" you just pretty much said what I stated earlier... Police brutality... Injustice... Same thing...

The "issue" is your assumptions and things you wrote--that's why I responded to you.

I feel you said things that were out of place and inappropriate and reeking of stereotyping.

I think you are missing my point. I am challenging the assumptions both you and VG8 are making.

You should not assume things about people.

You assumed that this woman is part of this "culture', yet I have witnessed women of different racial and national backgrounds act aggressively. Would say a Colombian woman who behaves this way apart of this "culture" too? Would a white woman acting like this be part of this 'culture' as well?

Also, how would you define 'culture'?

Sure, there are people uploading things for "attention"--that's the point. They want others to see it. I guess that's the point of video, TV and recordings, afterall.

So I really don't know where you're going with this 'attention' argument. If say I was being robbed or jumped and someone had a camera, I would appreciate them filming it--that would probably help catch them.

You should not assume? That's the crux of your argument?

You're not challenging anything, you're being argumentative for the sake of it....

By the way that woman behaved, I absolutely came to that conclusion... Disagree with my assumption if you like, that's not my problem....

I'm not making this about other nationalities of women & the way they behave; I specifically said a particular type of black woman in my OP..... and don't disingenuously ask me how would I define culture when you're on here asking me if a Colombian woman or a White woman behaving that way would fit said culture.....

I don't know where you're going with the continually making the point that there are other uses for cameras.... Who's disputing that?

And nobody was being robbed or jumped here, this wasn't a situation that involved being on the hunt for some runaway suspect, so why are you bringing that up for.... You can sarcastically quote the word attention all you want - There being other uses for cameras (such as for playing detective) doesn't somehow nullify the point that people upload content online for the attention, and nothing more.....

The "issue" is your assumptions and things you wrote--that's why I responded to you.

I feel you said things that were out of place and inappropriate and reeking of stereotyping.

Really? I said things based on the video and based on what the article stated, which apparently you refuse to accept.  The only "issue" you have is someone saying the truth about the individuals in this video because they happen to be black.  

All folks do things that they shouldn't at some time or another and it's no different here.

You admitted that the individuals that charged the police perhaps felt that there was an injustice done.  In other words you're excusing that chick's behavior for damn there causing a riot.  Those cops were clearly out manned even when they called for backup.  What's clear is (whether or not you want to admit it) she charged those cops because she felt that they brutalized the man being arrested and felt that it was her place to take matters in to her own hands even though he caused the whole thing by hurling racial slurs at an individual minding their own business and then clearly resisted arrest when the cops tried to subdue him.  Am I missing something here??  <_< So everyone is innocent in this case right??

You know I have something to get off my chest. You would think that with a Black president in the White House, Blacks would stop this racism BS of blaming Whites and other people for their problems and take responsibility for their own actions when they do something wrong, but apparently even that is too much to ask for. What happened in the past with slavery is long gone. That's all I have to say. Using something that took place almost 150 years ago as an excuse is getting old and has been for a while now.

You should not assume? That's the crux of your argument? NO.

You're not challenging anything, you're being argumentative for the sake of it.... Whatever you say buddy. Both of you are saying and implying things about Black people that I think are offensive.

By the way that woman behaved, I absolutely came to that conclusion... Disagree with my assumption if you like, that's not my problem....

Black woman behaves a certain way,  she is part of a "culture". Nice logical conclusion....

Again, you don't know this woman. Again, What "culture" are you referring to? You are the one who used the term, not me. Define it. 

Not your problem? Whatever....you [posted, I responded. that's how these things work.

I'm not making this about other nationalities of women & the way they behave; I specifically said a particular type of black woman in my OP..... and don't disingenuously ask me how would I define culture when you're on here asking me if a Colombian woman or a White woman behaving that way would fit said culture.....

What 'particular type of black woman'are you referring? You are the one who used the term "culture', not me. Define it. That's your responsibility.

I gave you a test case of a 'columbian woman' to see if this would fit into your construct of 'culture'. This was to help you define it.

I don't know where you're going with the continually making the point that there are other uses for cameras.... Who's disputing that?

And nobody was being robbed or jumped here, this wasn't a situation that involved being on the hunt for some runaway suspect, so why are you bringing that up for.... You can sarcastically quote the word attention all you want - There being other uses for cameras (such as for playing detective) doesn't somehow nullify the point that people upload content online for the attention, and nothing more.....

My goodness....then you are implying that this PARTICULAR video was uploaded for the "attention". Where are you going with this argument? Does this detract from the event that took place?

Really? I said things based on the video and based on what the article stated, which apparently you refuse to accept.  The only "issue" you have is someone saying the truth about the individuals in this video because they happen to be black.  

All folks do things that they shouldn't at some time or another and it's no different here.

You admitted that the individuals that charged the police perhaps felt that there was an injustice done.  In other words you're excusing that chick's behavior for damn there causing a riot.  Those cops were clearly out manned even when they called for backup.  What's clear is (whether or not you want to admit it) she charged those cops because she felt that they brutalized the man being arrested and felt that it was her place to take matters in to her own hands even though he caused the whole thing by hurling racial slurs at an individual minding their own business and then clearly resisted arrest when the cops tried to subdue him.  Am I missing something here??  <_< So everyone is innocent in this case right??

Not everything you said was based on the video. You said things that were stereotypes and assumptions and COULD NOT have been concluded based on the video.

Truth?? Defined as what? You and the OP said things that were stereotypes.

I am not excusing anyone. This is where you need to read what I wrote:

"Let's wait and find out what specifically led to the arrest. There have been cases where guys were hauled off on false pretenses. This has happened. Who knows? Maybe the crowd was responding to an injustice, hence the reactions.

But then again, maybe everything was legally justifiable.

Again, the cell phones can be used as evidence.....that's why I am actually not against the cameras being used. It can protect the police if they were acting in complicance with the law. But it can also show wrongdoing."

I am not excusing ANYTHING or ANYONE. That's you putting words into my mouth. And you are flat out wrong.

You know I have something to get off my chest. You would think that with a Black president in the White House, Blacks would stop this racism BS of blaming Whites and other people for their problems and take responsibility for their own actions when they do something wrong, but apparently even that is too much to ask for. What happened in the past with slavery is long gone. That's all I have to say. Using something that took place almost 150 years ago as an excuse is getting old and has been for a while now.

WTF????

I don't know why and how you came to this (probably something on the video, eh?).....but to take your phrase "that's not my problem".

It seems by your response, your defending the actions of the individuals, when they were clearly wrong. Also interfering with the police while they are working is considered obstruction of justice. I hope you know that. This is why when you see police officers doing their jobs, mind your own business. Also this video demonstrates again that if women are going to act like men, they will get treated like men. Take care.

In my book, you have to act with a basic amount of decency to keep your humanity card. This was a pathetic example of mob mentality. 

I have a different book.

I didn't see a "mob mentality". I saw the person being arrested and struggling.

The people may have been screaming and noisy, but who actually interfered with the arrest (arguably) besides the woman? Who physically tried to prevent the police from effecting the arrest?

Does this make them 'a mob'?

They are human beings.

Not everything you said was based on the video. You said things that were stereotypes and assumptions and COULD NOT have been concluded based on the video.

Truth?? Defined as what? You and the OP said things that were stereotypes.

I am not excusing anyone. This is where you need to read what I wrote:

"Let's wait and find out what specifically led to the arrest. There have been cases where guys were hauled off on false pretenses. This has happened. Who knows? Maybe the crowd was responding to an injustice, hence the reactions.

But then again, maybe everything was legally justifiable.

Again, the cell phones can be used as evidence.....that's why I am actually not against the cameras being used. It can protect the police if they were acting in complicance with the law. But it can also show wrongdoing."

I am not excusing ANYTHING or ANYONE. That's you putting words into my mouth. And you are flat out wrong.

Yeah truth that you just don't want to accept.  Being charged with a hate crime (which is clearly stated in the article) is not something that just "happens" at random.  There has to be conclusive evidence that someone was targeted solely because of their race, religion or ethnicity which apparently is the case here, so there really isn't any reason to wait and see anything.  The only thing that I saw in that video was a black man resisting arrest and a black lady charging the police and damn there causing a riot in the process, and I've stated why earlier, so if that's what you call stereotyping then so be it, but the facts speak for themselves.

I have a different book.

The people may have been screaming and noisy, but who actually interfered with the arrest (arguably) besides the woman? Who physically tried to prevent the police from effecting the arrest?

They are human beings.

Are you serious?? There is one cop in that video that is clearly scared sh*tless at one point because he knows he's out manned and the bystanders continued to inch closer and closer and then he calls for back up.  If the situation was under control and there was no mob he would've had no need to call in for additional police officers.  You're clearly seeing what you want to see... Smh

I have a different book.

They are human beings.

I saw a group of yelling, screaming individuals pushing up against the 2 officers who were trying to arrest a criminal. They made a blockade and pushed up against the officers and refused to follow the order to leave the train. I've seen plenty of people get arrested in the subway, and normal human beings simply allow the officers to do their thing and process the arrest on the side of a station. Normal people go along with their usual business and allow the police to do their job. This was an angry mob that came close to exploding into a riot. 

It seems by your response, your defending the actions of the individuals, when they were clearly wrong. Also interfering with the police while they are working is considered obstruction of justice. I hope you know that. This is why when you see police officers doing their jobs, mind your own business. Also this video demonstrates again that if women are going to act like men, they will get treated like men. Take care.

It seems by your response that you are not comprehending what I am saying or led me to actually respond to VG8 in the first place.

I am not defending ANYONE. I was basically telling VG8 and the OP (when he interjected between me and VG8) to stop stereotyping black people.

Also, camera use isn't just for people's vanity--it can be used as evidence when things happen. Trust me, the police will be using this video as well.

Yeah truth that you just don't want to accept.  Being charged with a hate crime (which is clearly stated in the article) is not something that just "happens" at random.  There has to be conclusive evidence that someone was targeted solely because of their race, religion or ethnicity which apparently is the case here, so there really isn't any reason to wait and see anything.  The only thing that I saw in that video was a black man resisting arrest and a black lady charging the police and damn there causing a riot in the process, and I've stated why earlier, so if that's what you call stereotyping then so be it, but the facts speak for themselves.

Are you serious?? There is one cop in that video that is clearly scared sh*tless at one point because he knows he's out manned and the bystanders continued to inch closer and closer and then he calls for back up.  If the situation was under control and there was no mob he would've had no need to call in for additional police officers.  You're clearly seeing what you want to see... Smh

Tell me what this evidence is.

So, you see a black man resisting arrest and a black lady 'charging', therefore, blacks are going to yell racism and police brutality. Blacks have their cameras out because they feel the police will do something bad. This is what you originally said, which prompted me to challenge you.

Solid line of reasoning LOL.

But I am sorry, this is "the truth"....

I don't know why and how you came to this (probably something on the video, eh?).....but to take your phrase "that's not my problem".

Your commentary in this thread, obviously...

You should not assume? That's the crux of your argument? NO.

Apparently it is. Especially when you keep telling me that I don't know that woman...

You're not challenging anything, you're being argumentative for the sake of it.... Whatever you say buddy. Both of you are saying and implying things about Black people that I think are offensive.

I find the way this black woman acted as being offensive - makes our race look bad....

Black woman behaves a certain way,  she is part of a "culture". Nice logical conclusion....

Again, you don't know this woman. Again, What "culture" are you referring to? You are the one who used the term, not me. Define it. 

Not your problem? Whatever....you [posted, I responded. that's how these things work.

Yes, it is a nice logical conclusion.... If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's a damn duck....

You keep harping on having to know the woman to form an opinion, I don't know her & I don't have to know her...

You can respond to whatever you want.... Your feelings about what I've said isn't my problem..

What 'particular type of black woman'are you referring? You are the one who used the term "culture', not me. Define it. That's your responsibility.

I gave you a test case of a 'columbian woman' to see if this would fit into your construct of 'culture'. This was to help you define it.

Responsibility of what.... Keep bolding "define it" all you want - What part about belligerence & attitudinal don't you understand..... There is a culture, a collective, a vast group of black women that act this way... Don't waste my time with the acting oblivious to these type of black women existing.... And BS, you brought up a colombian woman & a white woman to help me define it... You did that so as to try to divert away from the certain type of black women I'm referring to....

My goodness....then you are implying that this PARTICULAR video was uploaded for the "attention". Where are you going with this argument? Does this detract from the event that took place?

Your goodness what? Yes I am implying that this particular video was uploaded for the attention....

Didn't say shit about the reason for it being uploaded detracting from the actual events in the video....

I saw a group of yelling, screaming individuals pushing up against the 2 officers who were trying to arrest a criminal. They made a blockade and pushed up against the officers and refused to follow the order to leave the train. I've seen plenty of people get arrested in the subway, and normal human beings simply allow the officers to do their thing and process the arrest on the side of a station. Normal people go along with their usual business and allow the police to do their job. This was an angry mob that came close to exploding into a riot. 

And if the police were making a lawful arrest, those individuals were in the wrong and should have been arrested, if possible.

Police must be allowed to do their jobs.

But this is not what happened in this video.

Tell me what this evidence is.

So, you see a black man resisting arrest and a black lady 'charging', therefore, blacks are going to yell racism and police brutality. Blacks have their cameras out because they feel the police will do something bad. This is what you originally said, which prompted me to challenge you.

Solid line of reasoning LOL.

But I am sorry, this is "the truth"....

Yeah and the article already provided the background to the video, so cut the BS already.  You know why he was arrested, like all of those cops came there just because.  If he was innocent then he would have no reason to resist arrest... One minute you refer solely to the article and the next you refer solely to the video like the cops are just arresting him just because and that woman is charging them just because... It's all one big coincidence right? 

And if the police were making a lawful arrest, those individuals were in the wrong and should have been arrested, if possible.

Police must be allowed to do their jobs.

But this is not what happened in this video.

The hell are you talking about? Did you watch the video at all or are you just pulling stuff out of thin air to defend those two and their actions? In the video the police were clearly doing their jobs. Your telling everyone on here that is not what happened? 

"You did that so as to try to divert away from the certain type of black women I'm referring to...."

No, I did it so you can finally give me your definition of 'culture', because you still haven't done that. We should be able to define the words we use.

B35, What type of black woman are you referring to? I am very curious. what is their culture?

So this is indeed race based, since a Columbian or Japanese or an American white woman can't belong to it--just certain types of black women.

So spill it, B35. tell me about these black women.

The hell are you talking about? Did you watch the video at all or are you just pulling stuff out of thin air to defend those two and their actions? In the video the police were clearly doing their jobs. Your telling everyone on here that is not what happened? 

That's exactly what he's saying.  Give them a pass because they're black as if black folks don't commit hate crimes or attack the police.  ALL people are capable of this, but somehow because they're black it's a different story. The video and the article tell the full story that he simply refuses to accept.

No, no, no.

I am saying that his example of what he saw cannot be compared to what happened here. They are different events.

Again, I have not defended anyone. I haven't even mentioned the guy who was arrested. I didn't even bring up the woman until the others did.

Again, I will repeat, VG8 and now B35 said things that I find to be stereotyping and somewhat offensive. That's what prompted my response.

If you have a problem with the guy and the woman, then simply say that. Why does VG8 have to bring up "black people will yell racism or police brutality"? Why does B35 have to say that the woman is part of some black culture?

Because when you say that, you are now talking about people who had nothing to do with this incident. You are also stereotyping.

I have seen videos of asian people get arrested and mobs forming. I have seen videos of whites being arrested and mobs forming.

I didn't starting saying stuff about asian people and white people. I didn't say that white women are part of a "culture" (???). I have seen the same things with Indians. Watch youtube (whoops---videos people took with camera, I guess for attention perhaps?)

That's the point.

That's exactly what he's saying.  Give them a pass because they're black as if black folks don't commit hate crimes or attack the police.  ALL people are capable of this, but somehow because they're black it's a different story. The video and the article tell the full story that he simply refuses to accept.

"exactly what he's saying"....don't make me laugh.

That's your own mind at work here, not mine.

Keep projecting baloney, VG8.

Yeah and the article already provided the background to the video, so cut the BS already.  You know why he was arrested, like all of those cops came there just because.  If he was innocent then he would have no reason to resist arrest... One minute you refer solely to the article and the next you refer solely to the video like the cops are just arresting him just because and that woman is charging them just because... It's all one big coincidence right? 

I didn't say he was innocent. no one said anything was a coincidence.

Please look at my first post to you.

Do you remember what the contents were and why I even engaged you?

let me give you a hint: it had something to do with some blatant stereotypes you made.

No, no, no.

I am saying that his example of what he saw cannot be compared to what happened here. They are different events.

Again, I have not defended anyone. I haven't even mentioned the guy who was arrested. I didn't even bring up the woman until the others did.

Again, I will repeat, VG8 and now B35 said things that I find to be stereotyping and somewhat offensive. That's what prompted my response.

If you have a problem with the guy and the woman, then simply say that. Why does VG8 have to bring up "black people will yell racism or police brutality"? Why does B35 have to say that the woman is part of some black culture?

Because when you say that, you are now talking about people who had nothing to do with this incident. You are also stereotyping.

I have seen videos of asian people get arrested and mobs forming. I have seen videos of whites being arrested and mobs forming.

I didn't starting saying stuff about asian people and white people. I didn't say that white women are part of a "culture" (???). I have seen the same things with Indians. Watch youtube (whoops---videos people took with camera, I guess for attention perhaps?)

That's the point.

"exactly what he's saying"....don't make me laugh.

That's your own mind at work here, not mine.

Keep projecting baloney, VG8.

I didn't say he was innocent. no one said anything was a coincidence.

Please look at my first post to you.

Do you remember what the contents were and why I even engaged you?

let me give you a hint: it had something to do with some blatant stereotypes you made.

Yeah I know... Everyone is so horrible for telling it like it is... Well I've had enough of this already.... It's clear you have your position and I have mine, so no point in continuing this charade. 

"You did that so as to try to divert away from the certain type of black women I'm referring to...."

No, I did it so you can finally give me your definition of 'culture', because you still haven't done that. We should be able to define the words we use.

B35, What type of black woman are you referring to? I am very curious. what is their culture?

So this is indeed race based, since a Columbian or Japanese or an American white woman can't belong to it--just certain types of black women.

So spill it, B35. tell me about these black women.

Your problem isn't with my use of the word culture & you're not curious about it at all, cut the crap....

Seriously, How the hell would a Columbian, a Japanese, or a White woman belong in a culture of belligerent, attitudinal black women?

No, you want to sit here & act oblivious like these types of black women don't exist - hence your bringing up of women of other nationalities.... There's nothing additional to spill because you know what I'm referring to..... Your problem is with the behaviors of certain blacks being put on the forefront - Something you're just gonna have to get over..... Judging by your replies in this thread thus far, you are coming across as one of these types of black people that like to sweep shit under the rug & pretend that our shit don't stink.... That's part of what's wrong with us now.....

The way this woman behaved is reflective of a collective of black women out here... It's gotten way out of hand....

...Again, I will repeat, VG8 and now B35 said things that I find to be stereotyping and somewhat offensive. That's what prompted my response.

Why does B35 have to say that the woman is part of some black culture?

Because there are enough of those types of black women out here that behave the way the woman in this video did, and I'm quite sick of it... So I'm calling it out... That's why I said it..... 

Yeah I know... Everyone is so horrible for telling it like it is... Well I've had enough of this already.... It's clear you have your position and I have mine, so no point in continuing this charade. 

"like it is".....

You mean your bigotry?

My position is simple: if you have a problem with the guy and woman who was arrested, then say that. Don't bring up nearly 40 million people who live here (the population of black americans).

Don't go into some BS about 'culture' (which the OP can't even define).

Go where there's whites and the police arrest people. Trust me, crowds form. Yes, they tape things too. Yes, they scream too.  Hell, sometimes they might even resist arrest.

One wonders how the hell you can watch a video then talk about blacks yelling racism? Complete utter nonsense.....

Archived