Lightning Strikes Ocean Parkway!

Brighton Local

So, last Sunday, July 27, The Tri-State Area was slammed by 3 Major Thunderstorms in one day. Besdies Transit, Meteorology is another big hobby of mine. I video-tape thunderstorms. So I decided to Video Transit & Weather together. Look at this picture AND watch the video, this is a REAL Bolt of Lightning striking down at Ocean Parkway on the Manhattan Bound Track. Looks like it hit between the 3rd Rail, and the right Running Rail.

lightningOceanPkwy.jpg

Pause the Video or run it slow between 3:18 & 3:20.

Zachary

So, last Sunday, July 27, The Tri-State Area was slammed by 3 Major Thunderstorms in one day. Besdies Transit, Meteorology is another big hobby of mine. I video-tape thunderstorms. So I decided to Video Transit & Weather together. Look at this picture AND watch the video, this is a REAL Bolt of Lightning striking down at Ocean Parkway on the Manhattan Bound Track. Looks like it hit between the 3rd Rail, and the right Running Rail.

Pause the Video or run it slow between 3:18 & 3:20.

Zachary

jumping jack christ! datz totally awesum!

Chance of a lifetime, man. Awesome.

What I'm wondering is, the lightning can't be more than 20 feet away from you, and it still takes the thunder two seconds to get to you?

It doesnt cause thunder right away, plus it wasnt a full powered strike.

- Andy

Archived