Efforts begin to restore B37 service

Via Garibaldi 8

The B37 was a late evening/late night lifesaver to get from 36th St to Bay Ridge, rather than face lengthy waits for the R train, or for an R shuttle that I just missed since it left ahead of schedule without waiting for an N train.  Was a great way to get home fast from the A, F, and Q trains in downtown Bklyn (without having to wait an additional 20 minutes for a D or N to 36th St, then up to another 20 minutes for an R train if the D or N didn't come in time to catch the late night shuttle).  I sorely miss the B37.  The B70 takes a half-hour to get from 36th St to Bay Ridge via its wacky roundabout route so I totally avoid that bus.

how many people used the b37 to get to Bay Ridge from sunset park ?

It wasn't a lot...the only time the B37 was useful was in Bay Ridge up until about Bay Ridge Pkwy and along Livingston St. All points in between saw little ridership. I used that line frequently when i went to visit my then-girlfriend who lived on 47 St (back when Gleason still had the 500s, that's how long ago lol).

At its peak, they came every 12 or so minutes and 90% of they time they were empty.

It wasn't a lot...the only time the B37 was useful was in Bay Ridge up until about Bay Ridge Pkwy and along Livingston St. All points in between saw little ridership. I used that line frequently when i went to visit my then-girlfriend who lived on 47 St (back when Gleason still had the 500s, that's how long ago lol).

At its peak, they came every 12 or so minutes and 90% of they time they were empty.

what about to Bay Ridge from downtown Brooklyn?

• 1 month later...

If only these people had ridden the bus regularly while it was still running, they would have been a lot more successful in keeping it around.

A problem may have been that the route didn't serve the Brooklyn Army Terminal and Lutheran Hospital directly.

If only these people had ridden the bus regularly while it was still running, they would have been a lot more successful in keeping it around.

This.

A problem may have been that the route didn't serve the Brooklyn Army Terminal and Lutheran Hospital directly.

Moreso the latter than the former.....

Isn't Lutheran the hospital on 2 Av where the B11 turns around? A simple block walk (or if you're lazy take the 11 one stop)

The uphill walk to 3 Avenue isn't exactly a breeze in the park.

Now that you put it that way you have a point why not reroute and extend B69 to bay ridge via lutheran and 3rd ave with B70 taken off of 3rd ave south of bay ridge ave restored to former routing then northward extension to atlantic terminal barclays center via 3rd ave. That would be much more efficient than a full restoration of the B37 and should represent the usage patterns on 3rd ave better and even attract new ridership to the respective segments to boot just send B69 to williamsburg then it's complete.

Now that you put it that way you have a point why not reroute and extend B69 to bay ridge via lutheran and 3rd ave with B70 taken off of 3rd ave south of bay ridge ave restored to former routing then northward extension to atlantic terminal barclays center via 3rd ave. That would be much more efficient than a full restoration of the B37 and should represent the usage patterns on 3rd ave better and even attract new ridership to the respective segments to boot just send B69 to williamsburg then it's complete.

No no no for the love of (someone's) Christ, NO!!!

What is the punt of extending the 69 down there? Who the hell would benefit from it. The B69 has a close relationship with the 67 (some runs interline...think of the (J) & (Z)), and extending one (to a ridiculous place at that) will mess up the other. Bad enough they screwed the 67 over

What is the punt of extending the 69 down there? Who the hell would benefit from it. The B69 has a close relationship with the 67 (some runs interline...think of the (J) & (Z)), and extending one (to a ridiculous place at that) will mess up the other. Bad enough they screwed the 67 over

True.

Restore the service lost on the B67 and parkslope folks will have direct service to sunset park!!! Eliminate that relationship between B69&67 if B37 was so light then 3rd ave shouldn't slow it down too much if at all. Let B32 absorb B67 south of atlantic terminal via ashland place and flushing ave or via navy yard B67 has been violated enough or LET THE B67 BURN WE HAVE B69 AND SUBWAYS.

Restore the service lost on the B67 and parkslope folks will have direct service to sunset park!!! Eliminate that relationship between B69&67 if B37 was so light then 3rd ave shouldn't slow it down too much if at all. Let B32 absorb B67 south of atlantic terminal via ashland place and flushing ave or via navy yard B67 has been violated enough or LET THE B67 BURN WE HAVE B69 AND SUBWAYS.

Just stop...

Archived