WMATA Trains for OpenBVE Development Well Underway

As some of you may know, I and my fellow collegues have been working on WMATA trains for OpenBVE. The first order of business was the updating of the sounds and propulsion, which are for the most part, considered complete and can be previewed here:

The next order of business is updating the exteriors and the cabs. Stay tuned for updates.

Here is the Rohr 1000 series for OpenBVE operating on the Red Line. The time table has been updated, and both the route file and the rolling stock have been modernized to OpenBVE standards to include ATC operation. The ATC prevents the train from overspeeding, and when activated, cuts power and applies full service braking application until the train is brought down below the maximum allowed speed for that section of track.

Hey guys. Here's a semi-major update to the WMATA train pack in development. The sounds have been made as accurate as possible at this point. Sound updates include replacement of the Rohr braking system, updating high speed motor sounds for all stock, upgrading the CAF starting sound, and replacing motor sounds for the 4000 series. The exterior files have also been modified so that the cars now look like they're in married pairs. There are also now two exteriors, an old version for the Rohrs and original Bredas, and a new version for the Rebuilt Bredas, CAFs, and Alstoms. Individual cars now have a cab end, and a blind end. The cab end of the cars also has the signature red, white, and blue striping. A few more touches and the first version of the WMATA train pack will be ready for release. We will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience.

• 7 months later...

After a long period of finalization I'm pleased to present to you the completed version of the OpenBVE WMATA Red Line and associated rolling stock:

Trains only:

Archived