F train on middle tracks at 2 Av

YankeesPwnMets

I was on a Jamaica bound F train and when we pulled into 2nd Ave, there was an F train across the platform on the layup tracks with its doors open, signed up to Coney Island via 53/8Av.... my initial thought was... "what the heck is it doing there?" I knew that today there were no F trains between West 4 and Jay, so my second thought was "how the hell did it even get to the layup tracks then?"

The only way that would have been possible was if the F train somehow did not take the lineup to Spring and went through tracks CLOSED for construction... but how the heck is something like that allowed to happen? The train operator should have noticed the Green over green instead of Green over Yellow and for all I know, there could have been track workers on those closed tracks not expecting any train in service to come through... how is something so dangerous such as a train going through closed tracks allowed to happen? How does the T/O not notice the wrong lineup at West 4th??

I saw the same exact train you did, I actually boarded that (F), though after a few minutes it went OOS and I just took the next uptown (F) . I was thinking the same thing, I had thought the T/O got the wrong line up and didn't realize it.

it those kind of decisions by train crews and dispatch that can lead to worker fatalities.

just sayin...

If the area isnt a Power Off area then people shouldn't be working there without Flagging..

Those are Procedures.

Archived