SMEEs as Times-Square Grand Central Shuttle on May 11th?

+Young+

I just read somewhere that in order to help with the Celebration of Grand Central, the IRT SMEE cars (R33 9306, R12 5760, R15 6239, R17 6609) will be running in the Tines Square/Grand Central shuttle on May 11th on track 4.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks...

Track 34 to 37, no backpacks permitted.

I think lots of families will not know that policy, even families visiting NYC.

This is getting ridiculous... Now im not going to be able to see it thanks to them thinking a terrorist is actually going to go to that event. Im really getting sick of this no-backpack thing...

Track 34 to 37, no backpacks permitted.

I think lots of families will not know that policy, even families visiting NYC.

I don't think that will apply for the TOMC though, just the areas in GCT. Probably not gonna check that stuff out then, but I'm more interested in the TOMC anyway.

It applies for the TOMC as well.

It does? That will be interesting, because the TOMC will be on the Shuttle and not in Grand Central Terminal...

I wish I was still in NY to see this......please lots of pics and vids !! :)   :drool:

Yes, please share!

That'd be stupid if there was a no backpack rule for the tomc. It runs on the shuttle line, what are they going to do for a 'tourist' who wants to ride? Deny them? I can understand GCT, but not for the subway.

Agreed. The (S) Shuttle is public to everyday people trying to get to /from Times Square, so I doubt they will ban backpacks on the subway itself. As for the historic equipment, and the Train event, that is understandable.

Where you hear that?

Ride to Grand Central in style! Vintage 1940s and 1950s subway cars will be running on Track 4 of the Times Square Shuttle during the Parade of Trains!

Please note: No backpacks will be permitted in event spaces during the Parade of Trains, including Vanderbilt Hall and on the platforms serving Tracks 34 to 37. There will be no bag check available so those carrying backpacks will not be able to view or participate in the event.

I got it directly from the link.

Archived