Badges

ramz28

Who gets em? A few of us newbs at zerega where talking about who gets badges. I was told all MTA employees can get 1. if so how?   Thanks

i what i'm thinking is correct those badges are for superinendents. superintendents can give out tickets when someone is blocking or parked at bus stops or lanes. you get a different kind of badge when you graduate. you'll have a graduation before they let you dive the bus by yourself.

All uniformed MTA employees get badges. As well as all supervisors and superintendents. The type of badge you get is dependant on the title. T/O's, C/R's, S/A's, B/O's And Cleaners get the same badge with their titles printed on it. TPPA's badges look similar to police badges. And supervisors and superintendents get a gold shield that doesn't really resemble any other type of badge. 

All uniformed MTA employees get badges. As well as all supervisors and superintendents. The type of badge you get is dependant on the title. T/O's, C/R's, S/A's, B/O's And Cleaners get the same badge with their titles printed on it. TPPA's badges look similar to police badges. And supervisors and superintendents get a gold shield that doesn't really resemble any other type of badge. 

I learned something new.  I didn't know T/O's got badges as well.

I learned something new.  I didn't know T/O's got badges as well.

i can assure you, t/o's don't get badges. Only conductors, bus operators and supervision get badges.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Who gets em? A few of us newbs at zerega where talking about who gets badges. I was told all MTA employees can get 1. if so how?   Thanks

if you want to get one made, google united insignia in Brooklyn on bridge st they will make you one. just keep in mind, mta rules state, if you are not issued a badge from the mta, you are not allowed to have one made on your own. Read your rule book and know your job!

Yes station cleaners get badges.

what is your definition of a badge? If you are talking about a transit pass, the metrocard with your picture on it, then yes everyone gets one. However i think the op is talking about a medal badge. Station cleaners do not get a badge.

Thank you for the info. As much as i would like a badge i wont get 1 made. Not looking to break any rules, specially during probation. Its weird to see so many different answer here and in the field about everything.. its like there are no set rules or guidlines (even tho they are really there).. A badge would be kinda kool but id be like heyy look at me i have a badge and i fix buses so its serves no purpose. thanks for all the info.. 

If you want a badge, most police equipment stores will make you a custom 1 for about $200 if you show them your pass. Just don't go around flashing it at everybody. It's more of a ticket deterrent when you are driving...

If you want a badge, most police equipment stores will make you a custom 1 for about $200 if you show them your pass. Just don't go around flashing it at everybody. It's more of a ticket deterrent when you are driving...

200! That's nuts. The place on bridge St. makes them for about 50.

$200 is way too much. The most I've seen was $100 for police sergeant and lieutenant badges or detective badges. I've heard from a co-worker whose had a full size replica and mini shield made, that the full sized one cost $50 and the mini was $15.

• 3 weeks later...

The cost difference has a lot to do with the type of finish. Many of the "issue" badges are simply electroplated, which tarnish and oxidize over time. Similar to many in PD, I carry my regular badge in my wallet, but had a "saver" or "dupe" made from another company of a higher-grade finish, with my pass number engraved on the back; I use this as my "working" shield.  Also, whether the badge is "reverse enameled" (meaning the ring around the seal is a solid color with the lettering being gold, as opposed to color-filled engraved letters on the base metal ring) affects the cost.  In my case, my "saver" badge required a custom die for my title.

Interesting to note, too, that the maltese cross style of badge worn by many supervisors is only used elsewhere by the FDNY-authorized shields carried by the Fire Bell Club of New York since 1946.

Archived