NICE Summer Beach Service: N88 and Return of the N87

I wasn't being serious....but NICE schedule changes in the past have proven that almost anything is possible.

Yeah, I figured that. Yeah, NICE is unpredictable.

If the weather is really nice, and school's out, good luck even making it aboard a bus, let alone getting a seat.

I remember reading a story on Subchat by an LIB B/O (was it Hound?) who was called from the extra board on either Memorial Day weekend or July 4th weekend to drive the N88 after service ended for the evening...when he drove down to the beach there were literally hundreds at each bathhouse waiting for the bus.

Yup, I remember that. At least they sent B/Os. They coulda left those people stranded. NICE does send relief buses on the busier days of beach service. I've seen them!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they have the 19 days left countdown ahead of time lol

And notice how the cameraman says go!

They're all uploaded early, but thanks for ruining the order of countdown.

The man in the video said go, not the cameraman lol

It may sound like "go," but he was probably saying "yo".

Well they have the 19 days left countdown ahead of time lol

NICE fail and NICE fail, this never would've happened under the (MTA) 

They're all uploaded early, but thanks for ruining the order of countdown.

You were doing a countdown?  I thought you were just copying as NICE put them up?  I NICE is posting the pics early then they ruined the countdown.

I'll give it to NICE, these promotions are getting me excited for summer!  Imagine this summer if it was advertised more?  Keep this same campaign but sponsor the weather or traffic on news12 (maybe even fox, nbc, or cbs)?  "The local traffic report has been brought to you by NICE BUS, nine days until Jones Beach service starts.  More info at nicebus.com..."  Do the countdown everyday, everyone would know about the service!

Larry, one of our Service Quality Managers, is working the Dispatch Window at our Mitchel Field Depot. He wants to remind you that NICE starts their service to Jones Beach in 20 days!

225648_576458945719145_1043489992_n.jpg

Larry, one of our Service Quality Managers, is working the Dispatch Window at our Mitchel Field Depot. He wants to remind you that NICE starts their service to Jones Beach in 20 days!

Brett, do you know work for NICE?

J.J., one of our NICE operators, wants to let you know that we are hitting Jones Beach in 19 days.

Brett, do you know work for NICE?

I wish. Not old enough yet!

I have to say I'm very impressed with how NICE is marketing and improving Jones Beach bus service. The n87 never had such good service under the (MTA). I think this will be a huge success, and am certainly looking forward to the return of the n87! :)

From yesterday:

Watch as Omar, one of our Planners, and Andrea, from our Procurement Department, count down in both English and Spanish, the days until our buses head back to the beach for the summer season!

I wish. Not old enough yet!

Aren't you over 18?  There are other jobs besides driving...  You should stop by MF with your resume, I'm sure they'd love to someone as enthusiastic as you.  Besides it's an excuse topoke around the property  ;)  lol.

Aren't you over 18?  There are other jobs besides driving...  You should stop by MF with your resume, I'm sure they'd love to someone as enthusiastic as you.  Besides it's an excuse topoke around the property  ;)  lol.

That's an idea. I could email them my resume, but when it comes to NICE, I've been looking for summer positions and I don't think they offer any.

-----------------

Able Ride Service Quality Managers Jimmy H. and Eddie D. are excited about the fact that we resume our service to Jones Beach in 16 days!

964465_578149812216725_166735997_o.jpg

Bus operator Leon is counting down the days until we head back to Jones Beach!

977492_579975055367534_138327903_o.jpg

Look for these new n87 bus stop signs starting tomorrow, as they are applied along the new n87 route. The n87 will make stops along Newbridge Road, N. Jerusalem Road and Wantagh Avenue!

977391_580122028686170_1147597619_o.jpg

I just got 28 copies of paper n87 bus schedules today at Hempstead. NICE told us on facebook will be available on 20th, which was mistake or maybe scheduler made n87 paper head early.

What the hell do you need 28 copies for?

I just got 28 copies of paper n87 bus schedules today at Hempstead. NICE told us on facebook will be available on 20th, which was mistake or maybe scheduler made n87 paper head early.

oh sure, so when charlene obernauer and the rest of the useless libru notice that there are no schedules left for the n87, they will bitch and moan about nice when the reason is inconsiderate people like you hoarding them.smfh

joe.

What the hell do you need 28 copies for?

Since I am 28-years-old.

Maybe if I meet PinePower, I could give him one or when I ride weekday only n73/74, n80/81 routes, n50, n46/47 routes.

Okay, well being 28 years old isn't really a good reason to take 28 copies of a bus schedule. In response to your second statement, Pinepower isn't able to get his own schedules?

oh sure, so when charlene obernauer and the rest of the useless libru notice that there are no schedules left for the n87, they will bitch and moan about nice when the reason is inconsiderate people like you hoarding them.smfh

joe.

lol. I was gonna bring up LIBRU as well, but you hit the nail on the head already.

Since I am 28-years-old.

Maybe if I meet PinePower, I could give him one or when I ride weekday only n73/74, n80/81 routes, n50, n46/47 routes.

That is a stupid reason to take 28 schedules, being honest. Other people who actually rely on that bus more than you, who would use it for fanning purposes. Such a waste of taxpayer's money and NICE revenue, because the schedules cost to make.

Archived