1980-1981 footage of old city buses from mainly Queens, N.Y.

Shortline Bus

Hi Guys. A little treat from the blast of the past. Here a video clip i found on youtube. Its from a then college student in film school showing home movies showing the bus fleet of NYCT, several of then NYC DOT private bus lines such as Queens Surface and also LI Bus then known as MSBA. In background are music some of the biggest Dance/POP and R&B songs from the early 1980's from radio station WKTU-FM(then on 92.3. and not related to the current station on 103.5.) May i remember some of this stuff. lol.

At start are clips from the Williamsburg Bridge featuring R-42's and other on the "J" line.

Enjoy.

Were any of the old buses from LI Bus saved for the Vintage fleet?

In 1981 those now "NICE" buses were called MSBA(Metro suburan Bus Authority). It was renamed LI Bus around I think

around 1995-'96.Not sure if those buses were saved though. Maybe someone like Amtrak would know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For you fanatics, a while back, I came across this interesting film on YouTube that was recorded back in the early 1980s. Shows various classic city buses of the time (mainly from Queens). In the background of this film, is music of what was popular in both 1980 and 1981. I'm not exactly crazy about most of the songs that could be heard, but I like some that I remember well, such as Alicia Myers' "I want to thank you" at 1:24. 

I didn't see a reason to lock this thread either. I remember watching that video when it was first posted and saying "Wow, what a great time to be alive for a busfanner!"

I didn't see a reason to lock this thread either. I remember watching that video when it was first posted and saying "Wow, what a great time to be alive for a busfanner!"

You can say that again. ;) Couldn't have said it better. 

Except maybe it was merged with a 1 year old thread?(unless it was just a post in this same thread) Grave digging is not really the most popular thing around these parts ya know.

Archived