Renaming Stations??

Broad St. Belle

Of this list i only really disagree with renaming the (A)(C)(J)(L)East NY station back to "eastern parkway. "That station enterence has ong closed and that superstation complex is actually on Fulton St/Van Sindren.

IMO either name of "Broadway Jct" or East NY-Bway Jct" is what that station should be called.

Only the BMT part ((J)/(L)/(Z)) was called Eastern Parkway. The IND part was called Broadway-East New York. Also, I got more ideas...

12. On the (:D/(Q) lines, rename 7 Av to 7-Flatbush Avs

13. Also on the (:D, rename 7 Av to 7 Av-53 St

14. Get rid of ALL the names that have "JFK Airport" in it EXCEPT for the (A)

15. Rename 80 St to 80-Hudson Sts again on maps

16. Rename 88 St to 88 St-Boyd Av

17. Give Broad Channel an ACTUAL name

18. Give ALL the names back on the stations in the Rockaways (Beach 25, 36, 44, 60, 67, 90, 98, and 105 Sts)

19. Rename 52 St on the (7)/<7> back to 52 St-Lincoln Av

20. Rename the 62 St station on the (D)/(M)/(N) to 62 St-New Utrecht Av

21. Give ALL secondary names back to the Astoria Line

22. Rename Myrtle Av to Myrtle Av-Broadway so people won't get confused with Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs (although the R160 says "Myrtle Av-Bway"

23. Rename Kosciuszko St to either Patchen-Lafayette Avs or DeKalb Av-Broadway (for the latter, open the emergency exit for customers)

24. Rename DeKalb Av on the (L) to DeKalb-Wyckoff Avs so it won't get confused with DeKalb Av on the (:)/(M)/(Q)/®

and that's all I have (for now). There are more. After all there is 468 stations (actually 466 cuz two are closed [Cortlandt St on the (1) and also on the ®/(W)])

Only the BMT part ((J)/(L)/(Z)) was called Eastern Parkway. The IND part was called Broadway-East New York. Also, I got more ideas...

12. On the (:D/(Q) lines, rename 7 Av to 7-Flatbush Avs

13. Also on the (:D, rename 7 Av to 7 Av-53 St

14. Get rid of ALL the names that have "JFK Airport" in it EXCEPT for the (A)

15. Rename 80 St to 80-Hudson Sts again on maps

16. Rename 88 St to 88 St-Boyd Av

17. Give Broad Channel an ACTUAL name

18. Give ALL the names back on the stations in the Rockaways (Beach 25, 36, 44, 60, 67, 90, 98, and 105 Sts)

19. Rename 52 St on the (7)/<7> back to 52 St-Lincoln Av

20. Rename the 62 St station on the (D)/(M)/(N) to 62 St-New Utrecht Av

21. Give ALL secondary names back to the Astoria Line

22. Rename Myrtle Av to Myrtle Av-Broadway so people won't get confused with Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs (although the R160 says "Myrtle Av-Bway"

23. Rename Kosciuszko St to either Patchen-Lafayette Avs or DeKalb Av-Broadway (for the latter, open the emergency exit for customers)

24. Rename DeKalb Av on the (L) to DeKalb-Wyckoff Avs so it won't get confused with DeKalb Av on the (:)/(M)/(Q)/®

and that's all I have (for now). There are more. After all there is 468 stations (actually 466 cuz two are closed [Cortlandt St on the (1) and also on the ®/(W)])

12. 7th-Flatbush Avenues sounds like an ok idea to me. The thing is, will it stick on?

13. Makes sense, but won't catch on. There are people who address 53/Lex simply as Lexington Avenue.

14. Very true

15. People would stick with 80th Street

16. People would stick with 88th Street

17. What name would you give it?

18. Sounds like a good idea.

19. No use for it

20. Yes

21. These names would NOT stick on.

22. Yeah, they should rename the station to Myrtle-Broadway

23. Maybe Lafayette Avenue cause it is simpler to say and the street is nearby.

24. No, I don't think that could be confused that easily.

Guest Charles

Something needs to be done about that Slattery Plaza thing at Woodhaven Blvd.

Personally, though, I prefer the secondary names. The numbered streets/avenues are there to make life easier, but it'd be cool to integrate history with subway stations.

For example. 75th Avenue used to be called Puritan Avenue. Although, if the (MTA) changed the signs to 75th-Puritan Avenue, people would be like "what the..."

Something needs to be done about that Slattery Plaza thing at Woodhaven Blvd.

Personally, though, I prefer the secondary names. The numbered streets/avenues are there to make life easier, but it'd be cool to integrate history with subway stations.

For example. 75th Avenue used to be called Puritan Avenue. Although, if the (MTA) changed the signs to 75th-Puritan Avenue, people would be like "what the..."

IMO, they should rename Woodhaven Blvd to Woodhaven Blvd/Queens Ctr; the station is closer to the thing than say between Sutphin and JFK or Howard Beach and JFK. Lol.

Archived