Question about the front of both NYC BUS/MTA BUS

Calvin

Most MTA New York City Bus's have ads be put in the front but whenever I see a route that is based on MTA BUS, the ads are never put on.

Is there a difference on why New York City Bus has the ad on the front of the bus, but MTA BUS doesnt?

Probably goes back to the post-takeover days when it was important to make it clear that ex-PBL routes were now run by the MTA, hence the big MTA sign in the front. Little pointless now except for branding.

Most MTA New York City Bus's have ads be put in the front but whenever I see a route that is based on MTA BUS, the ads are never put on.

Is there a difference on why New York City Bus has the ad on the front of the bus, but MTA BUS doesnt?

Very good question... A question that I don't have an exact answer for you...

I don't like ads on the front of the buses... They look better without them in my opinion...

The MTA hasn't exactly run to push the bus advertising in general in the last few years. Most interior ads are just ads from the MTA or occasionally some of the CUNY's or smaller colleges. THe exterior ads bring in some money, but the MTA could push to make interior, front, and rear ads more popular. But god forbid they do anything simple to raise a little revenue...

Archived