Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094 and received a letter to take BOSS exam for TA

lawkev

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

transit bx: you know that I know, I was there the same day as you that's why I have been calling her as well as the main desk to see if the numbers are consistent and when I got her last week she said we are still calling the 2000's. So the other day I asked her specifically What number for medical because i've already taken the drug test and that's what number she said .

So since I'm fully aware that most times the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing @ 180 I decided to call again to a different extension Spoke to someone else who  also have me a number in the 3000's which was slightly off by 100 or so people but at least I knew they were in the same range.

Anybody out there receive a letter for B/O and took the survey on June 12th?  My husband wants to know...he was 433x on the exam 8094 list and took the b/o survey June 12th  - still hasn't heard anything yet

Tell hubby to become a ninja on the redial button in his free time lol and begin calling 180 for updates. IF and that's a big IF they are in the 3000 range for medical appointments like I was told this week they should at least be in the late 2000's early 3000's for drug screening.

If I could honestly confirm I knew what was going on I would say try to guage it by my list number 39XX since his is after mine. However,  with the big differences in list numbers I've been seeing for those that have been called already for DT's (like myself) and those not contacted at all (some of which have lower numbers than me and are not holding out for CR) I feel only they know for sure.

I have a question:  How do they handle the DMV aspect of getting your license?  I have my CDL permit - do they do all the training with you and when you qualify for training they give you a license?  is part of qualifying passing a road test ?  Do they have dmv inspectors at the training site to pass you??  

I know day one is paper work etc....Day 2 - 6 training.  Day 7& 8 opportunity to advance to line training?  Does that mean passing your road test?  (also day 9 & 10)

You pretty much summed it up except, no qualifying does not automatically mean you get the license. However, If the instructor qualifies you then your ready for the road rest without question.

If they are still doing things like when I went through it during training the instructor will either drive you or allow you and whichever others in your group who only have permits to drive to the dmv to pay for your road test (our instructor let us take turns driving there as part of the day's training) They will tell you a day or so before which day your going so you can bring the fee.

Once you qualify you have completed a portion of MTA's training / testing only. I was told by the other members that were in my group who moved forward in training that the dmv inspector comes to zerega to administer your road test but, this was 5 yrs ago and things change so double check this on Monday with your instructor to verify.

I Recived a Second Letter Askin me to take the Bus Driver Position This past Saturday I Have A Few Questions Here..

1.The Letter was Typed up July 3,2013 ...With. A Report Date of July 10 at 730 AM ...I Didn't get the Letter until July 13!!!

So I was Automatically eliminated

2. I Don't possess a CDL liscence Becuase I have no intentions on driving a Bus or Truck So Why would you ask someone to meet a requirement for a Position I Didn't apply for to Begin With ?

3. This Last Lettet Threatned to Pull my name off the List If I Didn't Take the position...Like WTF??? So I typed up a Nice letter Askin to Please Keep my name on this list as I've Been waitin For years to get on as conductor...What's goin on with MTA??

Any Insights are Greatly appreciated And Im Nervous as to what will be the outcome My List number is Bet 1450 and 1500 What Number are they Up to??

Hey all...I am on day 3 of  b/o training.  It's a lot of info.  I had a crappy day yesterday but a much better day today.  The key to this thing is LISTENING...listen to everything the instructors say and execute the way they say it - no ands ifs or buts about it.  And if you make a mistake, correct it the next time around the block.  They want to see you improve.  Not keep doing the same shit over and over.  

I Recived a Second Letter Askin me to take the Bus Driver Position This past Saturday I Have A Few Questions Here..1.The Letter was Typed up July 3,2013 ...With. A Report Date of July 10 at 730 AM ...I Didn't get the Letter until July 13!!! So I was Automatically eliminated 2. I Don't possess a CDL liscence Becuase I have no intentions on driving a Bus or Truck So Why would you ask someone to meet a requirement for a Position I Didn't apply for to Begin With ? 3. This Last Lettet Threatned to Pull my name off the List If I Didn't Take the position...Like WTF??? So I typed up a Nice letter Askin to Please Keep my name on this list as I've Been waitin For years to get on as conductor...What's goin on with MTA?? Any Insights are Greatly appreciated And Im Nervous as to what will be the outcome My List number is Bet 1450 and 1500 What Number are they Up to??
. They going to remove your name for permanent position for B/O, i went monday to 180 livingston cause i thought that my name was being remove from conductor list...So dont worry and waitLast hired person is 1023 and last appointed is 1093

. They going to remove your name for permanent position for B/O, i went monday to 180 livingston cause i thought that my name was being remove from conductor list...So dont worry and waitLast hired person is 1023 and last appointed is 1093
But make sure you decline for B/O if youre not interested!

Whoo Hooo only 408 people to go and I'm up for medical and that doesn't include the people processing this morning.   They can process that many people in 2-3 days. This next week can't pass any faster if you ask me.  Enjoy your weekend 

Hello everyone, 

I just got qualified for medical on the 24th and they said to me that they'll get in touch by phone for final processing. My question is what   exactly happens during that time? Will I have to stay the whole day there like when I went in for the medical? What a day that was. lol. My list  # is 29** from exam # 8094.. I've been patiently waiting for this opportunity since Dec.'08.. Any feed back is much appreciated. Also I'd like to say Good Luck 2 u all that's already doing the training and thanks for all the help from the VETS for the heads up.

Congrats that's wassup. Looks like you're right on schedule for the class on the 29th 

I was also there on the 24th for my medical. I saw people with the app for fingerprint process, so I asked one of them if that was there final process and they said yes and they got the start date for the 29th. When I was done with my medical that day they told me that they'll be contacting me by phone for the final process, but they didn't specify when of course,lol. They also said when they call me back in for the final process that's when I gotta come in with the 21 page CPD app. Best of luck to those waiting and stay patient on ur medical day cause it will be a LONG day. Bring a jacket or sweater also cause the A/C on that floor in 180 ain't no joke even the doctors were frigid. lol

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE I got sworn in today for TA Bus op exam 8094 list # 29xx which I start class this Monday on the12th. Time frame: 5/8 BOSS SURVEY which I did not have to take due to the fact I work for MTA BUS, 7/2 took first Drug Test,7/24 did Medical and took 2nd drug test due to the fact it was going to expire the following week, 8/7 final processing and sworn in which I start class on the 12th.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out on friday that they are not hiring anymore bus ops right now...which sucks because my husband is 433x on the list and was waiting for the letter to go down and take the drug test - he took the boss survey on june 12th.   :(   Hopefully they will start calling again in a few months since they have another test out for bus ops

• 4 weeks later...

Finally. I got my final process done Sept 13th and I will start training on the 23rd. Let's back track to '08 when I took my conductor exam 8094. I got the letter for BOSS back in May '13. I took the 1st D/T on July 2nd. My medical was done on July 24th along side another D/T which expired. I then did another D/T on Sept 4th and I finally did my final process today on Friday the 13th.. What a Journey...... I'm very excited and ready to pass this training session and join the rest of guys. I've learned a lot from this forum and I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to it... See you guys on the other side and thanks again...

I not sure what going on with the hiring process for this exam. I was called for Boss on June 30th, which I didnt have to take because I've previously took the Boss and pass for another exam. Then I was called down to 180 Livingston on July 30th for pre-employment. Received the 21 page booklet but haven't heard anything since. I heard there was a short freeze, however, the freeze has been lifted.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived