Trying to take advantage of the (1) Shuttle bus! May 3, 2013

Doing my best to cover the (1) Train Shuttle bus at 242 & 238 Streets. Its been a while since shuttle buses came their way in Kingsbridge & Riverdale, especially CNG buses!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfExYIuCosg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91hk5Ixkn3Y

IMAG0071_zpsb8dbb1c9.jpg

IMAG0070_zps45ab8432.jpg

IMAG0073_zpsf9d4984d.jpg

IMAG0074_zps4862353d.jpg

IMAG0075_zpsfc9c7081.jpg

IMAG0076_zpsc68a42e7.jpg

IMAG0078_zpsdb31d09f.jpg

IMAG0080_zpsab7ebf3a.jpg

IMAG0082_zps74ac518b.jpg

IMAG0084_zpsd33ef294.jpg

IMAG0094_zpsa328470e.jpg

Thanks for watching! :)

Guest MTA Bus

Why do some of the buses say (A) to 207 St and others say # (1) to 242 St?Was the (A) out as well?

There were two shuttle buses running. One was running between 242 Street & 207 Street (A) and Dyckman St (1) to 168th St.

Nice pics, BTW

The (A) was running normal. The thing is that there is no program saying (1) Train to 207 Street so the program for the (A) to 207 Street was used instead.

Ah that explains it... I was on a BxM2 yesterday going to the city and was wondering about that... I said so the (A) is knocked out but why are they running buses from the Bronx border with Riverdale down to 207th street?!!? Makes sense now... I have to say they're really doing a sh*t job with these rehabs on the (1) line.  238th street looks like it was just thrown together while the entrances still look completely disgusting.  And 242nd street my God... I went over there via car to get an express bus Metrocard for me and my buddy a while back and holy cow... The stairs are so worn out I thought I was going to fall through.   <_< The MVM machines barely work... I had to keep swiping my American Express card over and over... I realize that station is important but they would be better off shutting it down because it's really a hazard.  When is it due to start getting rehabbed?

Ah that explains it... I was on a BxM2 yesterday going to the city and was wondering about that... I said so the (A) is knocked out but why are they running buses from the Bronx border with Riverdale down to 207th street?!!? Makes sense now... I have to say they're really doing a sh*t job with these rehabs on the (1) line.  238th street looks like it was just thrown together while the entrances still look completely disgusting.  And 242nd street my God... I went over there via car to get an express bus Metrocard for me and my buddy a while back and holy cow... The stairs are so worn out I thought I was going to fall through.   <_< The MVM machines barely work... I had to keep swiping my American Express card over and over... I realize that station is important but they would be better off shutting it down because it's really a hazard.  When is it due to start getting rehabbed?

Here's the thing: If 242 St is fully closed for rehab, then it would be hell. Westchester and Bronx passengers would have a hard time getting into the city which would require the use of shuttle buses since the stations between 242 St & 168 St aren't capable of being temporary terminals. I know what I'm saying since I take the (1) at 238 St. If people don't complain, then the MTA looks at this like there is no need for a full rehab, although it should happen, but replacing the stairs would be enough for the moment. 231 St & Dyckman St got a full rehab. 207 and 225 Streets had the stairs replaced. The stations that need work at least for the stairs would be 215, 238, and 242 Streets.

Here's the thing: If 242 St is fully closed for rehab, then it would be hell. Westchester and Bronx passengers would have a hard time getting into the city which would require the use of shuttle buses since the stations between 242 St & 168 St aren't capable of being temporary terminals. I know what I'm saying since I take the (1) at 238 St. If people don't complain, then the MTA looks at this like there is no need for a full rehab, although it should happen, but replacing the stairs would be enough for the moment. 231 St & Dyckman St got a full rehab. 207 and 225 Streets had the stairs replaced. The stations that need work at least for the stairs would be 215, 238, and 242 Streets.

They could still have the trains pull in and out at 242nd but close on side of the stairs for rehab... I have used 242nd and 238th as well... 238th gets good usage but is the least used out of the last three stations for the obvious reasons.  Either way these stations have been poorly rehabbed.  231st received a half rehab from the looks of it and a rushed one at that.  238th is disgusting... The stairs and the inside of the station feel so weak.  The platform looks decent but the rehab was really rushed.  The so called "walls" were just put up and cover the old ones... Not a full rehab like they had with the Brighton line stations.

Archived