Status of 6387

It's operable, how else would it get to 207th then lol. It'll return to the museum when that R44 goes.

Like was already mentioned, It could gotten towed..

Also that R16 doesn't have its married pair, is it even possible for married pair SMEEs to operate alone?

With that being said, must have been cool to see that 16 travel though the system from the museum to 207th street, even if it was towed :D

Also that R16 doesn't have its married pair, is it even possible for married pair SMEEs to operate alone?

With that being said, must have been cool to see that 16 travel though the system from the museum to 207th street, even if it was towed :D

The R16's are single unit cars.but 6387 might've been towed.

I think R16s are singles; R26s were the first cars made in pairs... but true, it could have been towed.

I think R16s are singles; R26s were the first cars made in pairs... but true, it could have been towed.

They (R16s) are singles. R26s were semi-married pair cars as well as the R27, 28s, and 30s. They could be uncoupled and coupled to any single or other pair without having to go into the shop. They had H2C couplers. It was the R29s that were actual married pairs with linking bars. After the GOH during the 1980s all R26 and R28s received linking bars.

What's with the new style-R38 rollsign? (the "Rockaway Park" reading)

I remember I visited the TM a few years ago and that R16 had an IRT rollsign in it, signed as the (2) to Flatbush, but it was the front sign in the bulkhead though.

Don't forget the R1-9s.

I didn't forget about them, I was talking about the SMEE cars, I forgot to put SMEE in my OP.

I wish they would have re-painted it in the MTA blue and white.....but I'm just happy to see it in working condition.

img_24651.jpg

They have two other R16s (6305, 6339), though they not in good condition like 6387 is and will need some serious TLC. If 3184 (R10) and 8506 (R30) are in the same condition as 6387, there is you're other B-Division museum train right there. Of course those cars are not to run any time soon, for now. 

Archived