21 People Hurt in NICE Bus Accident (1877 Involved)

Take the idiot's licence and roast it over an open flame. suffolk I would say is a bit better than nassau.

They're both pretty bad, I def wouldn't say Suffolk drivers are better!  There has been a series of deadly accidents in Suffolk before the weekend, one in Deer Park, where two men died.  When News12 went back to the scene yesterday to report on the accident there was another (less serious) 3 or 4 car accident in the same location!

People need to pay attention and SLOW the f uck down!

They're both pretty bad, I def wouldn't say Suffolk drivers are better!  There has been a series of deadly accidents in Suffolk before the weekend, one in Deer Park, where two men died.  When News12 went back to the scene yesterday to report on the accident there was another (less serious) 3 or 4 car accident in the same location!

When I was waiting for useless n27 shuttle or n20 Flushing, I remember one of motorist FAILED TO YIELD TO FIRE TRUCK or Police Truck crossing the intersection.

Senior Operator from LIB

Well well well, look at that. TO ALL OF YOU: Now's a good time to stop the LIB sucking up and NICE "is the worst" arguments and stick to the topics at hand seeing as this was an LIB B/O's fault. This shit is over!

i was on that bus that day

Did the bus come to any sort of a stop or proceed straight into the intersection?  (This obviously won't tell us if he had the green or not...)

The NICE driver was found to be at fault. On-board camera showed he ran red light. Was told he was terminated.

We've been through this whole song and dance for a female operator (I forget if it was under NICE or LIB) about the driver being disciplined or terminated, someone brought up a good point...  Only the driver, select nice employees, and the union (?), would allowed to be a part of that conversation, no other drivers (unless they were the union rep) would be a part of that conversation.  This would all be private and confidential and no one would who was a part of this would be running their mouths about it (unless a senior driver is going around telling ppl he was fired for running a red light).

There is also this from Newsday...

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/11-suffer-minor-injuries-in-bus-van-crash-1.5212770

"Nassau County police said the crash occurred at the intersection of Glen Cove Avenue and Back Road at about 11:30 p.m. Police said an investigation determined there was no criminality -- and no one was charged in the crash"

I love the comments at Newsday (especially the idiots who think a comment of "NICE" is in any original), but I did find this one interesting.... 

Philippe Augustin 5 days ago in reply to THEDOG

"The majority of drivers working at NICE are carry-over drivers from MTA. I'm one of them. Veolia did not lay them off. Many left because they didn't want to stay and work for "evil" veolia. Some retired. Some haven't come back after fatal accidents. I don't know if that's their choice or not. Some were let go because of attendance issues. Some weren't fit for duty because of medical reasons. We are trained to always put safety first but many times we find ourselves rushing to adhere to the printed schedule. We are trained to slow down at night because of lower visibility, but yet we are given less time to get from point a to point b at night."

When I was waiting for useless n27 shuttle or n20 Flushing, I remember one of motorist FAILED TO YIELD TO FIRE TRUCK or Police Truck crossing the intersection.

Yea, there's a lot of them out there...  The other day an ambulance had his lights and sirens on (nassau pd must've also just been leaving the scene) nassau pd pulled over a car that refused to get out of the left lane for the ambulance.  Ambulance was forced to go around, the idiot on his cell refused to budge, ambulance went around, their was a nassau cop car behind the ambulance, who had his lights on, idiot stayed in the left lane, until the cop started hitting the air horn and ordered the car to pull over.  Haha, someone finally got what they deserved!

You see no matter what part of LI, not only are people bad drivers, they all feel the rules don't apply to them.

Yea, there's a lot of them out there...  The other day an ambulance had his lights and sirens on (nassau pd must've also just been leaving the scene) nassau pd pulled over a car that refused to get out of the left lane for the ambulance.  Ambulance was forced to go around, the idiot on his cell refused to budge, ambulance went around, their was a nassau cop car behind the ambulance, who had his lights on, idiot stayed in the left lane, until the cop started hitting the air horn and ordered the car to pull over.  Haha, someone finally got what they deserved!

You see no matter what part of LI, not only are people bad drivers, they all feel the rules don't apply to them.

It's probably because of the suburban feel that " Oh this isnt the city where there are so many cars, so I dont have to go slow". 

It's probably because of the suburban feel that " Oh this isnt the city where there are so many cars, so I dont have to go slow". 

The problem is in many areas there are a lot of cars and when something goes wrong, they are speeding and all pile into each other.  ...and it's the simplest things that cause people to wreck that they should be expecting like a traffic light, or vehicles speeding down a side street  thinking they can run the stop sign or light, and SURPRISE they're cars on Merrick Rd. or Sunrise HWY.  Or one idiot thinks they can take a left in front of another speeding car  

A big problem is speed, the biggest problem is people have no common sense anymore.

Well well well, look at that. TO ALL OF YOU: Now's a good time to stop the LIB sucking up and NICE "is the worst" arguments and stick to the topics at hand seeing as this was an LIB B/O's fault. This shit is over!

I'm wondering if I know this person. Just yesterday I had a nasty guy on the n20, he showed up 20 min late, then told me to "move it along, we gotta go!" since I wasn't moving fast enough for him. The bus was a sauna (very humid yesterday) and he didn't put the a/c on when asked, we couldn't see out the windows, all were fogged up, including the front passenger side. It was gross. Had the same guy going back, 30 min late, sauna, and he passed some guy's stop. I believe this is the same guy years ago, back when LIB was running the n87, left 20 min late (after sitting on his bus), then when I asked why he was late, he said it was none of my f'in business. There's another former LIB operator who is a crazy woman and preaches to herself (Hound knows who she is).

So yes there are some bad (MTA) LIB operators too. I will report the guy I had yesterday. Most of all I felt bad for the elderly asian man whose stop he missed and had to walk back 3 blocks in Hicksville.

And people say New York City drivers are awful.

Long Island easily has the worst motorists. They NEVER yield for emergency vehicles. They are slowpokes on the open road, but treat local roads like the indy 500, just take Post Ave in Westbury, they easily go 50-60mph and try to run down anyone crossing the street, even at marked crosswalks (very common on Union Ave by the LIRR). Then there's the pull out in traffic and creep, forcing others to slam on their brakes. And of course my favorite, The Blocker, pulls out and blocks the sidewalk, forcing pedestrians to walk around. 

What we need is more enforcement and stricter fines. Also I think NYS DMV seems to hand out licenses too easily, make the tests tougher and have a re-test every 5 years.

I'm wondering if I know this person. Just yesterday I had a nasty guy on the n20, he showed up 20 min late, then told me to "move it along, we gotta go!" since I wasn't moving fast enough for him. The bus was a sauna (very humid yesterday) and he didn't put the a/c on when asked, we couldn't see out the windows, all were fogged up, including the front passenger side. It was gross. Had the same guy going back, 30 min late, sauna, and he passed some guy's stop. I believe this is the same guy years ago, back when LIB was running the n87, left 20 min late (after sitting on his bus), then when I asked why he was late, he said it was none of my f'in business. There's another former LIB operator who is a crazy woman and preaches to herself (Hound knows who she is).

So yes there are some bad (MTA) LIB operators too. I will report the guy I had yesterday. Most of all I felt bad for the elderly asian man whose stop he missed and had to walk back 3 blocks in Hicksville.

Long Island easily has the worst motorists. They NEVER yield for emergency vehicles. They are slowpokes on the open road, but treat local roads like the indy 500, just take Post Ave in Westbury, they easily go 50-60mph and try to run down anyone crossing the street, even at marked crosswalks (very common on Union Ave by the LIRR). Then there's the pull out in traffic and creep, forcing others to slam on their brakes. And of course my favorite, The Blocker, pulls out and blocks the sidewalk, forcing pedestrians to walk around. 

What we need is more enforcement and stricter fines. Also I think NYS DMV seems to hand out licenses too easily, make the tests tougher and have a re-test every 5 years.

You are so wrong that if I ever feel stupid or dumb or I never do anything right (driving included), I can look back at this one quote and make myself feel better.

I'm actually more surprised that the debate is out there that the bus driver was at fault. Would've never happened here. Most of the time people, authorities and pole don't blame the bus drivers here, even if they're clearly at fault. And when it happens that they do blame 'em (which is really rare) you'll never hear it in the news again.

One more reason to love the USA.

But I gotta say though: ha, in your face NICE haters! Apperantly, to the comments at Newsday, a lot of drivers are former (MTA) drivers so ha and one more ha to really rub it in lol.

Well, hopefully the 1877 gets fixed soon. Those new(er) Orions from NICE are such a beauty :)

And of course my favorite, The Blocker, pulls out and blocks the sidewalk, forcing pedestrians to walk around. 

I love these people  :angry: I had some fugly lady do this to me today forcing me to work around.  I stared at her giving her a dirty look, she just looked at me with her fugly face, like how dare I.  I found her attitude amusing considering her POS van.  The blockers and the hurry up and block because I gotta block the cross walk before the pedestrian gets there are really pissing me off.  

A year or two ago I saw a pedestrian get hit in the crosswalk, nothing major, the guy was shaken and pissed, the idiot refused to get out of her SUV.  She found it funny, kept yelling at the guy that he should have saw her.  Are you f**king kidding me?  He said he wasn't hurt but WAS reporting her to the police...  She continued to yell, mock him, and tell him he's not "turning this into a payday" because he wasn't looking!  The attitude on people, if she had looked in the first place it never would've happened but to tell a pedestrian he should have been looking for her?  The guy didn't appear to be hurt, she probably could asked if he was hurt, apologized, and been on her way but her attitude got her in trouble.  I snapped a pic of her license plate to give to the guy if she took off (which she was trying to do but people were blocking her), an off duty Nassau cop witnessed the accident or commotion ID's himself as an offduty cop and tells her to pull into the next parking lot.  She actually started arguing with the cop, another fine Long Island driver!

I'm actually more surprised that the debate is out there that the bus driver was at fault. Would've never happened here. Most of the time people, authorities and pole don't blame the bus drivers here, even if they're clearly at fault. And when it happens that they do blame 'em (which is really rare) you'll never hear it in the news again.

But I gotta say though: ha, in your face NICE haters! Apperantly, to the comments at Newsday, a lot of drivers are former (MTA) drivers so ha and one more ha to really rub it in lol.

On this forum it is blame it on the unexperienced NICE driver, hoe Veolia and their training sucks and how this never would've happened with the (MTA) , followed by a few people crying for the (MTA) to come back.  When the facts come out it ends up not being a new hire involved, but usually an operator who came over from the (MTA) and most of the time not even the bus operators fault. 

You know I was thinking today how I've been hearing how terrible Veolia/NICE's training is, but don't remember hearing about one serious (or even news worthy) accident caused by a new hire who went through the NICE/Veolia training program.

And when it happens that they do blame 'em (which is really rare) you'll never hear it in the news again.

Here in the USA it is common for non professional drivers to blame the professional driver before knowing the facts.  it's always 'that dumb truck driver" or that "dangerous truck driver."  People who have no idea on the bus love to critique the bus driver, if someone feels the driver spike on the brakes they are too busy to see that it was because a car cut them off or pulled out in front of them but its always the fault of the "idiot bus driver."  Last week I took a Suffolk County Transit  bus and the peanut gallery was going on because the driver was going too slow for them, you can't win.  

People really look down on bus drivers, I find it funny, especially when some of these scumbags on the buses look down on the driver.  I mean no offense to anyone in the forum (I mean that) I don't put anyone here in that group, but I think most people know the trash I'm talking about.  A lot of people (the trash included) think this is the only job someone driving  bus can get, like they're the bottom of the barrel.  I find it funny because they have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I love these people  :angry: I had some fugly lady do this to me today forcing me to work around.  I stared at her giving her a dirty look, she just looked at me with her fugly face, like how dare I.  I found her attitude amusing considering her POS van.  The blockers and the hurry up and block because I gotta block the cross walk before the pedestrian gets there are really pissing me off.  

A year or two ago I saw a pedestrian get hit in the crosswalk, nothing major, the guy was shaken and pissed, the idiot refused to get out of her SUV.  She found it funny, kept yelling at the guy that he should have saw her.  Are you f**king kidding me?  He said he wasn't hurt but WAS reporting her to the police...  She continued to yell, mock him, and tell him he's not "turning this into a payday" because he wasn't looking!  The attitude on people, if she had looked in the first place it never would've happened but to tell a pedestrian he should have been looking for her?  The guy didn't appear to be hurt, she probably could asked if he was hurt, apologized, and been on her way but her attitude got her in trouble.  I snapped a pic of her license plate to give to the guy if she took off (which she was trying to do but people were blocking her), an off duty Nassau cop witnessed the accident or commotion ID's himself as an offduty cop and tells her to pull into the next parking lot.  She actually started arguing with the cop, another fine Long Island driver!

On this forum it is blame it on the unexperienced NICE driver, hoe Veolia and their training sucks and how this never would've happened with the (MTA) , followed by a few people crying for the (MTA) to come back.  When the facts come out it ends up not being a new hire involved, but usually an operator who came over from the (MTA) and most of the time not even the bus operators fault. 

You know I was thinking today how I've been hearing how terrible Veolia/NICE's training is, but don't remember hearing about one serious (or even news worthy) accident caused by a new hire who went through the NICE/Veolia training program.

Here in the USA it is common for non professional drivers to blame the professional driver before knowing the facts.  it's always 'that dumb truck driver" or that "dangerous truck driver."  People who have no idea on the bus love to critique the bus driver, if someone feels the driver spike on the brakes they are too busy to see that it was because a car cut them off or pulled out in front of them but its always the fault of the "idiot bus driver."  Last week I took a Suffolk County Transit  bus and the peanut gallery was going on because the driver was going too slow for them, you can't win.  

People really look down on bus drivers, I find it funny, especially when some of these scumbags on the buses look down on the driver.  I mean no offense to anyone in the forum (I mean that) I don't put anyone here in that group, but I think most people know the trash I'm talking about.  A lot of people (the trash included) think this is the only job someone driving  bus can get, like they're the bottom of the barrel.  I find it funny because they have no idea.

Why didn't that cop arrest that asshat lady for disorderly conduct I feel bad for cops LOL. Fortunately I am lucky enough to not encounter the blockers at least I am able to run fast enough to get out the way. Some LI drivers are nice enough to offer rides if you get stranded sometimes but that happens to me rarely since my trips are so well planned out.

Why didn't that cop arrest that asshat lady for disorderly conduct I feel bad for cops LOL. Fortunately I am lucky enough to not encounter the blockers at least I am able to run fast enough to get out the way. Some LI drivers are nice enough to offer rides if you get stranded sometimes but that happens to me rarely since my trips are so well planned out.

You are a really self-adsorbed person.

drivers are horrible all over LI.

They speed on side streets, swerve on parkways, and worst of all 

CANNOT MERGE.

On top of it they are the most ignorant, impatient, full of themselves drivers out there.

Yeah,in Yuki's most recent photo topic there was a photo of a guy in a car trying to squeeze himself b/w a NICE bus and some other vehicle. Now *that* is just plain stupid.

To be honest, thats all throughout New York state because we're all in a rush to go wherever we're going. This ain't Florida! People like to merge into lanes earlier like in that photo to make sure the others (in this case, whatever car was behind the bus) doesn't get in front of them and lets them into the lane.

drivers are horrible all over LI.

They speed on side streets, swerve on parkways, and worst of all 

CANNOT MERGE.

On top of it they are the most ignorant, impatient, full of themselves drivers out there.

I've seen drivers actually go around a bus just to make a right turn because the bus was blocking the lane.

Archived