VanHool DD bus in Shortline Coach USA colors

46Dover

One that I have seen from the MBS vist to the Shortline garage. From my understanding they had plans to use it in service but changed their minds so it just sits park. I know its an ex Megabus. I will have to check my photos when I get home.

I think we have 3 or 4 of them. They were suppose to go in service with the start of the last bid but they have been sitting OOS in Mahwah and Montgomery. Nobody really knows what is going on with them, rumor has it that there are clearance issues with them on the runs they want to use them on. Quite frankly they can give them back to Megabus for all I care.

I think we have 3 or 4 of them. They were suppose to go in service with the start of the last bid but they have been sitting OOS in Mahwah and Montgomery. Nobody really knows what is going on with them, rumor has it that there are clearance issues with them on the runs they want to use them on. Quite frankly they can give them back to Megabus for all I care.

why would shortline need DDs? maybe their LI service can use it but that is all.

why would shortline need DDs? maybe their LI service can use it but that is all.

Long Island doesn't need DDs. The DDs are useful at Monroe P/R,Central Valley P/R, Ridgewood P/R and Woodbury Commons.

My issue with them is the question that nobody seems to have asked: What do you do when one of them shits the bed somewhere with 70+ people on board and all you have to send as a replacement is a regular MCI? Hell somebody broke down this morning on the thruway and it took 5 buses to get all his passengers. We come down from Orange County very heavy in the AM.

Long Island doesn't need DDs. The DDs are useful at Monroe P/R,Central Valley P/R, Ridgewood P/R and Woodbury Commons.

My issue with them is the question that nobody seems to have asked: What do you do when one of them shits the bed somewhere with 70+ people on board and all you have to send as a replacement is a regular MCI? Hell somebody broke down this morning on the thruway and it took 5 buses to get all his passengers. We come down from Orange County very heavy in the AM.

I underestimate how much orange county folks use transit you can't even tell by looking at traffic. Even in seemingly deserted areas buses can carry a sizable load how is ridership on their honesdale service? You know trans bridge?

I'm guessing they could only be used on the Wall Street runs maybe?

They can't be put on Exit 14 (Nanuet) because they are too tall to go onto the Parkway. The buses are lame ducks.....they've been on the property almost 2 years and have never been in service. We have 35 brand new 4505s coming this year, I rather see those then these worn out Megabuses.

They can't be put on Exit 14 (Nanuet) because they are too tall to go onto the Parkway. The buses are lame ducks.....they've been on the property almost 2 years and have never been in service. We have 35 brand new 4505s coming this year, I rather see those then these worn out Megabuses.

basically they are useless. maybe on the binghamton lines they could be of use

4 if the roster sheet I got from the Shortline garage visit from MBS is correct.

Archived