How to Make a New Yorker Mad. (What annoys you the most)

trainrider10

The one that pisses me is people walking and stopping randomly in front of you in the middle of the damn sidewalk, or when you're walking out of the way from people so you can have some space, some jerk repeatedly keeps walking closer and closer to you walking in your path so that you're forced to move anyway.   <_< I had that one last night.  I'm walking away from everyone so I can have my personal space.  This one guy sees me big as day and he keeps walking closer and closer and so I literally stopped and looked at him like WTF dude? It was irritating because when you're walking on the street there's the inside path you take and the outside path depending on which direction you're going and he was clearly supposed to be in the inside path.  Then he moves like sorry bro and I'm looking at him like really? 

The one that pisses me is people walking and stopping randomly in front of you in the middle of the damn sidewalk, or when you're walking out of the way from people so you can have some space, some jerk repeatedly keeps walking closer and closer to you walking in your path so that you're forced to move anyway.   <_< I had that one last night.  I'm walking away from everyone so I can have my personal space.  This one guy sees me big as day and he keeps walking closer and closer and so I literally stopped and looked at him like WTF dude? It was irritating because when you're walking on the street there's the inside path you take and the outside path depending on which direction you're going and he was clearly supposed to be in the inside path.  Then he moves like sorry bro and I'm looking at him like really? 

That and tourists that take up the whole damn sidewalk.

How to make a New Yorker mad..... To sum it up - Get in his or her way.

I've said this for years online & offline....

New Yorkers, moreso than just about anyone, are in a hurry to get nowhere fast.

Not just tourists, ppl typing away or scrolling on their phones and not even looking where they are going. It's a wonder more of them aren't street pizza.

I saw that several times last night and I felt myself getting really irritated. I was ready to just knock somebody out.  Friday I was in the supermarket in Riverdale.  This old lady is there blocking the entire aisle with her cart.  People tried in vain to get past her and she's just there completely oblivious to what she is doing which I can never understand.  People just walk in the supermarket without a care in the world blocking the aisles as if they're the only ones shopping.  Anywho I wanted to get some cereal so I just said "Excuse me" loudly but politely and had to repeat myself several times before she finally came out of her trance and moved her damn cart.  

Once she finally moved I said out loud "Very rude".  She remained there in a trance looking at cereals until I got my cereal and started to walk away and then she picks up the box of cereal I got and starts examining it and asks if I was referring to her, to which I responded, "Yes I'm talking to you." lol  She then proceeds to go back into a trance with the damn cereal as if she's never seen a box of cereal before in her life.  I see so many people like this all over the city that are so zoned out.  It makes me wonder if they're on something or what because it's like damn, how are you in such a trance that you don't even know what's going on around you? Either than or some of them just like to pretend that they they don't.  <_<

So then I pick up whatever other small items I needed, pay and am ready to head out so I can get home and there's an old man blocking the whole damn path to get out of the supermarket.  So I'm like great here we go again.  So I wait a second to see if he's going to move and he just stands there with his damn cane in another world with the shopping cart, so I say "Excuse me" loudly once but politely, then again and then I said to myself this if the third f*cking time that I'm going to excuse myself, so I warned him beforehand that I was giving him one more chance to move out of my way or else.  Third time "EXCUSE ME!"  Still nothing, as if I don't even exist... I said f*ck it and elbowed the sh*t out of him and not even hard and he went flying and almost fell down.  

Then I turned around and started yelling at him telling him to move the f8ck out of the way and he's just there in a daze looking at me as if he didn't have a clue as to what was going on.  I'm like WTF is with these people?  I'd like to blame it on being old but there are plenty of young people like this too.  See them all the time in Whole Foods.  They spend damn there half an hour reading the damn labels on the side of products right in the middle of the aisle too... Incredible...

Wow Via, I never believed you could be such an a**hole. I mean, take pity on your "elders". In all seriousness though, too many seniors trying to get a "pass" because of their age. Annoying to say the least.

On a similar note, I had a similar experience this week on Friday. View it below.

I went down with some friends to this local market and we're buying some stuff for that night. As we got in line and placed our mechandise on the belt we notice this frustrated lady behind us waiting to place her items on the belt. There wasn't much space to begin with, but we being as courteous as we were attempted to accomodate her bitchy ass by stacking our stuff together.

What then proceded that was hilarious. She began throwing her stuff on the belt. In the process she bruised her fruit, dented her cans, and slammed down the divider. thus causing her to look like a complete hag, nevermind the huge freaking mess of the fruit and cans. My friends and I were cracking up so much that we literally started laughing in her face. I actually had to step outside to contain myself. In the end she says some crap in Spanish, to which we ignored it and laughed some more. As angry as we were it worked out better to just laugh it off.

Interestingly enough the following night (Saturday, yesterday in fact) my brother and I return to the same place to buy some stuff for dinner and as we enter the line my brother replies, remember her? I'm completely clueless and reply no. We began a conversation, and I suppose she overheard us and remembers our voices from yesterday. She keeps staring back at us (ten times total) and by this time I completely reconize her. As she completes her transaction she literally runs out of the store. As I mention to my brother that in the future we're going to the location further down the road in the future, as I don't want to be looking like a jackass ROFLMFAO again.

Now I really regret I didn't take video or even a picture of Saturday's incident.

Long story short, if people in the city piss you off you'd go insane dealing with people from the suburbs.

I saw that several times last night and I felt myself getting really irritated. I was ready to just knock somebody out.  Friday I was in the supermarket in Riverdale.  This old lady is there blocking the entire aisle with her cart.  People tried in vain to get past her and she's just there completely oblivious to what she is doing which I can never understand.  People just walk in the supermarket without a care in the world blocking the aisles as if they're the only ones shopping.  Anywho I wanted to get some cereal so I just said "Excuse me" loudly but politely and had to repeat myself several times before she finally came out of her trance and moved her damn cart.  

Once she finally moved I said out loud "Very rude".  She remained there in a trance looking at cereals until I got my cereal and started to walk away and then she picks up the box of cereal I got and starts examining it and asks if I was referring to her, to which I responded, "Yes I'm talking to you." lol  She then proceeds to go back into a trance with the damn cereal as if she's never seen a box of cereal before in her life.  I see so many people like this all over the city that are so zoned out.  It makes me wonder if they're on something or what because it's like damn, how are you in such a trance that you don't even know what's going on around you? Either than or some of them just like to pretend that they they don't.  <_<

So then I pick up whatever other small items I needed, pay and am ready to head out so I can get home and there's an old man blocking the whole damn path to get out of the supermarket.  So I'm like great here we go again.  So I wait a second to see if he's going to move and he just stands there with his damn cane in another world with the shopping cart, so I say "Excuse me" loudly once but politely, then again and then I said to myself this if the third f*cking time that I'm going to excuse myself, so I warned him beforehand that I was giving him one more chance to move out of my way or else.  Third time "EXCUSE ME!"  Still nothing, as if I don't even exist... I said f*ck it and elbowed the sh*t out of him and not even hard and he went flying and almost fell down.  

Then I turned around and started yelling at him telling him to move the f8ck out of the way and he's just there in a daze looking at me as if he didn't have a clue as to what was going on.  I'm like WTF is with these people?  I'd like to blame it on being old but there are plenty of young people like this too.  See them all the time in Whole Foods.  They spend damn there half an hour reading the damn labels on the side of products right in the middle of the aisle too... Incredible...

How about the ones that pull out fifty million coupons & wanna argue down the cashier over one expired coupon, or the misuse of multiple coupons..... I jump out of grocery lines when I see people pulling out wads of coupons because there's never any good that comes out of it as a waiting person on line behind that person......

The people that block aisles with their shopping carts, I just move their carts so I can pass - and put it right back in the spot where it was before I moved it..... With me, I always move my cart to the side if I have to backtrack to get something.... If I see someone move my cart in order to get something on the shelf that my cart was blocking, then I apologize to that person.... I never park my cart in the middle of an aisle b/c I know how much I'm irked by that....

I know exactly what you mean regarding trances.... it's like people in general amongst themselves are walking zombies (is the term I use); it's as if folks are hypnotized & are being controlled like marionettes or something.... You have some conspiracist nuts that believe the government are controlling people in such a manner.....

Anyway, as far as leaving the supermarket, that's a gripe I have with supermarket layouts in general.... They tend to leave jussst that one-and-a-half cart width's worth of space so that people leaving have a difficult time doing so.... One of many reasons I go food shopping right as the place opens up, instead of during late afternoons on a weekend.....

Well I dunno about the conspiracy stuff, but society as a whole has gone to shit when you have ppl soaking up whatever the media promotes as the 'greatest thing ever'. I basically figure whatever is hyped as something to avoid - this applying to mainly the shit that passes for 'music' and some of the hyped up shows that like barely half a million people see.

How about the ones that pull out fifty million coupons & wanna argue down the cashier over one expired coupon, or the misuse of multiple coupons..... I jump out of grocery lines when I see people pulling out wads of coupons because there's never any good that comes out of it as a waiting person on line behind that person......

The people that block aisles with their shopping carts, I just move their carts so I can pass - and put it right back in the spot where it was before I moved it..... With me, I always move my cart to the side if I have to backtrack to get something.... If I see someone move my cart in order to get something on the shelf that my cart was blocking, then I apologize to that person.... I never park my cart in the middle of an aisle b/c I know how much I'm irked by that....

I know exactly what you mean regarding trances.... it's like people in general amongst themselves are walking zombies (is the term I use); it's as if folks are hypnotized & are being controlled like marionettes or something.... You have some conspiracist nuts that believe the government are controlling people in such a manner.....

Anyway, as far as leaving the supermarket, that's a gripe I have with supermarket layouts in general.... They tend to leave jussst that one-and-a-half cart width's worth of space so that people leaving have a difficult time doing so.... One of many reasons I go food shopping right as the place opens up, instead of during late afternoons on a weekend.....

That's why I go food shopping when the store opens.

What? No Brooklyn/Bronx edition??? Because there's more to it than this.... but WorldStarHipHop pretty much covered that subject.....

But they did forget a few things.....

1. 9/11 jokes.... for starters. (Sorry guys/although they get really old, yet still offensive)
  2. Catching a home-run ball of the opposing team at Yankee or Shea Stadiums.
  3. Causing a traffic jam on a weekend. (Boy does that piss me off)
  4. Not holding the doors of a bus or train. (not just an elevator)

Can't think of more....

What? No Brooklyn/Bronx edition??? Because there's more to it than this.... but WorldStarHipHop pretty much covered that subject.....

But they did forget a few things.....

1. 9/11 jokes.... for starters. (Sorry guys/although they get really old, yet still offensive)
  2. Catching a home-run ball of the opposing team at Yankee or Shea Stadiums.
  3. Causing a traffic jam on a weekend. (Boy does that piss me off)
  4. Not holding the doors of a bus or train. (not just an elevator)

Can't think of more....

*cough*Holland Tunnel*cough*Lower Manhattan*cough* I gotta get over this damn cold.

How about the people that will stop in the middle of the subway stairs to use their phones instead of using it before they get to the stairs

Some dick did this to me while I was running for the train at Astor, jumped over the railing and went down the other side to make the train. My most boss moment...

How does one make a New Yorker angry? What annoys me the most? People being ratchet.  Beware of those who leave chicken bones under the seats on the (A).

I must of been lucky then. I rode the (A) a lot and didn't see chicken bones. I did see spilled coffee though... <_<

How does one make a New Yorker angry? What annoys me the most? People being ratchet.  Beware of those who leave chicken bones under the seats on the (A).

I must of been lucky then. I rode the (A) a lot and didn't see chicken bones. I did see spilled coffee though... <_<

LOL@Chicken bones... Oh don't worry... You can check out the (D) for the ghetto types with the food.  I saw some guy get on, stuff his face and then stuff the damn food bag under the seat as if there was a real garbage can under it.   <_< So déclassé...

That's a huge pet peeve for me.

lol... I love when people stand there with their cell phones while you wait for them to get in the damn elevator. Had a lady texting so hard she didn't hear the elevator when it came.  I just stood there and looked at her like WTF I've got a bus to catch and then she apologizes gets on and then proceeds to continue texting away.  <_<

Archived