How to Make a New Yorker Mad. (What annoys you the most)

trainrider10

LOL@Chicken bones... Oh don't worry... You can check out the (D) for the ghetto types with the food.  

I saw some guy get on, stuff his face and then stuff the damn food bag under the seat as if there was a real garbage can under it.   <_< So déclassé...

If we're talking about food & drink being scattered, plastered, whatever word you wanna use, all over the floors - The A got the D beat by a longshot.... Yeah you have all the homeless that ride that line, but I'm not gonna sit here & pin it solely on them either....

The A train is a damn 30 mile moving garbage can.....

If we're talking about food & drink being scattered, plastered, whatever word you wanna use, all over the floors - The A got the D beat by a longshot.... Yeah you have all the homeless that ride that line, but I'm not gonna sit here & pin it solely on them either....

The A train is a damn 30 mile moving garbage can.....

LOL... The last time I used the (A) the train was FILTHY.  Got on at 59th street.... There was a homeless lady stretched out on one of the three seaters using it as her personal bed and suffice it to say that she did not have a pleasant smell.  <_< Her presence just made the train feel dirtier, as the floors were already nasty enough.  One of those smells that makes you do a double take and wonder what in the hell that smell is... Imagine that mixed with me smelling my damn pizza in the bag that had been warmed up... A real appetite killer...

I was so disgusted that I didn't even put my Whole Foods bag on the floor.  I just held everything in my hand.  It's funny because I think that may have been the last time I used the subway of late too outside of the (6)... It was enough to keep me away for a while and with the summertime here I won't be caught underground for a while, esp. since traffic will be lighter now... More warmth means more dirt and filth and smelly people all about on the subways.

LOL... The last time I used the (A) the train was FILTHY.  There was a homeless lady stretched out one of the three seaters using it as her personal bed and she suffice it to say that she did not have a pleasant smell.  <_< Her presence just made the train feel dirtier, as the floors were already nasty enough.  I was so disgusted that I didn't even put my Whole Foods bag on the floor.  I just held everything in my hand.

I believe it - Because I've been on A trains that have had multiple homeless folks sprawled out on the seats in a particular car on multiple occasions.... I'll add to my last reply & say that the A train is a moving homeless shelter also..... 

But as far as those that reside in residences sticking finished/unfinished food & drink under the seats like they aint got no damn sense, there's no excuse for it.... I'm glad I don't have to take that line with any regularity....

I believe it - Because I've been on A trains that have had multiple homeless folks sprawled out on the seats in a particular car on multiple occasions.... I'll add to my last reply & say that the A train is a moving homeless shelter also..... 

But as far as those that reside in residences sticking finished/unfinished food & drink under the seats like they aint got no damn sense, there's no excuse for it.... I'm glad I don't have to take that line with any regularity....

So is the (A) the popular homeless line because of how long it is?  It's always been one of the more grittier lines running on 8th Avenue but I never recalled seeing that many homeless folks on it.  Then again I don't use it as much as I used to.

So is the (A) the popular homeless line because of how long it is?

It's always been one of the more grittier lines running on 8th Avenue but I never recalled seeing that many homeless folks on it.  Then again I don't use it as much as I used to.

Yup.... That's exactly the reason.... Doesn't help that @ 207th, MTA personnel don't go about kicking them off the train (like @ 205th (D) or Brooklyn Bridge (6) for example, since trains have to run past their respective terminal stations to turnaround/switch tracks & what not)...... Both of those things combined makes staying on the A easy pickin's for them..... 60 miles or w/e roundtrip on the NYC subway w/o having to worry about someone kicking you off the train is a hell of a way to get some zzzz's in.... that's at least a good 3 hours.....

Some of the things I have seen riding that line during the early morning hours.... ughk, I don't even wanna bother mentioning it right now.

Yup.... That's exactly the reason.... Doesn't help that @ 207th, MTA personnel don't go about kicking them off the train (like @ 205th (D) or Brooklyn Bridge (6) for example, since trains have to run past their respective terminal stations to turnaround/switch tracks & what not)...... Both of those things combined makes staying on the A easy pickin's for them..... 60 miles or w/e roundtrip on the NYC subway w/o having to worry about someone kicking you off the train is a hell of a way to get some zzzz's in.... that's at least a good 3 hours.....

Some of the things I have seen riding that line during the early morning hours.... ughk, I don't even wanna bother mentioning it right now.

LOL...

True story: Some years back, I stepped into the sixth car of a consist of dilapidated R-40s at 207th Street.  The double bench in the middle of the platform was occupied solely by the homeless and their luggage.  The car I stepped into had one at each end.  The next car had one.  The two cars after that had THREE.  It wasn't until I got to the lead car that I got to zero.  Yet two stops later, Madea's long-lost twin sister gets on the train with some Kennedy Fried wings.  You can guess where the bones ended up.... All this during morning rush hour.

Archived