Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mtattrain

Crime Prevails Again!

In the city that never sleeps, crime never sleeps either.

A gun-toting bandit posing as a contractor left a subway both clerk wrapped in duct tape and rope after a Saturday morning robbery one stop from Citi Field.

Cops were called to the 111th St. station in Corona after a signal maintainer found the 48-year-old woman bound and gagged in a break room about 10:30 a.m., law enforcement sources said.

“That guy got the shock of his life,” a source said. “It seems like she was tied with some sort of tape. There was glue on her arms.”

The bandit, claiming he was a subway contractor, asked if he could use the microwave in the station’s break room. But once inside, the creep pulled out a gun and tied her up, sources said.

He swiped the keys to the token booth, closed the door and left her alone in the room, sources said.

The clerk, peering through a ventilation slot in the door, saw the phony contractor meet with another man dressed in a hardhat and vest, sources said. The two suspects went into the booth and pocketed an undetermined amount of cash before bolting.

The clerk was not harmed during the attack, but she was taken to New York Hospital Queens for observation. Transport Workers Union Local 100 officials arrived to offer their support.

The 15-year Metropolitan Transportation Authority employee was still distraught hours after the incident, her colleagues said.

The thieves “repeatedly told her they didn’t want to hurt her,” one source explained. “She’s really shaken up.” The victim’s family was unaware of the attack Saturday afternoon. Her brother said she was supposed to leave for Georgia on Saturday night so she could celebrate Mother’s Day with her mom.

Read here: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/subway-clerk-bound-gagged-queens-heist-article-1.1341667#ixzz2T3Z6Z0no

• Upvote 1

The issue here is how does one determine who is a contractor and who isn't? Any Joe Schmoe can put on a (MTA) hard helmet with the little mesh thingy they wear and pose as one. Not too hard, esp. with the (MTA) hiring so many contractors... Could've been an inside job but with folks being so careless one could probably steal that stuff too or get it on the black market... Procedures definitely need to be revisited and new ones put in place.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

i agree with you via.(it revised not revisited, you may had misspell word unexpected). If i was the (MTA) and there was subway contractor they need to get same id as the (MTA) with subcontractor underneath it. They must return all the id back when it finished otherwise a hefty fine for failure to do so.  Also any (MTA) employee should have called the dispatcher or their boss on whether contractor is on site. Those bosses should check behind their back to make sure nothing of the (MTA) is left out to public to grab. 

Edited by pjbr40

i agree with you via.(it revised not revisited, you may had misspell word unexpected). If i was the (MTA) and there was subway contractor they need to get same id as the (MTA) with subcontractor underneath it. They must return all the id back when it finished otherwise a hefty fine for failure to do so.  Also any (MTA) employee should have called the dispatcher or their boss on whether contractor is on site. Those bosses should check behind their back to make sure nothing of the (MTA) is left out to public to grab. 

No, I say revisited, as in reviewed again and new ones put in place...

• Upvote 1

It is "misspelled", not "misspell"

Edited by 8thAveExpress

No, I say said revisited, as in reviewed again and new ones put in place...

Ugh... This guy is rubbing off on me...

It is "misspelled", not "misspell"

lol... 

That's crazy. I hope the S/A does not get into too much trouble over this one. Between this and the French Connection police chase that happened last week, it is turning into the 1970's again. 

All contractors are issued an ID

it is temporary, and it says contractor right on the front