What do you think? Biker gets Harassed

peacemak3r

What would you have done?

I for one oppose the driver in this situation, if I were the driver I would have just waited for the safe time to pass the biker.

Before people go into the blame war.  Bikers can ride in the middle of the lane if he feels his safety is threatened.  In this case, he almost gets run over twice.  Let's keep the racial thing out, even though on my Facebook, I've noted that; this is how a community gets a bad rep.

My stance, the cyclist is exercising his legal right to use the full traffic lane to operate his bicycle. He did nothing wrong.

The motorist on the other hand was the aggressor. I'm not quite understanding his logic. Seemingly he was in a hurry as he overtook the cyclist at least three times, but apparently he had time to stop and obstruct traffic those three times as well as at the end to antagonize the cyclist. Clearly the motorist was just being an a**hole trying to start shit.

I'm supporting the cyclist all the way. Poor dude was scared near shitless for no good reason. As if it wasn't intimidating enough riding with traffic on the road, now you have to deal with douchebags like this that go as far to obstruct two lanes of traffic.

Final verdict: The cyclist was in his legal right, the motorist was clearly assaulting the cyclist. I wouldn't be shocked if legal action was taken in the near future.

Another dickwad car driver trying to run us off the road. You just get used to it after once in a while, but this is clear vehicular assault and could have resulted in the biker's death. Good for the guy who pulled over at the end and helped the guy out, cause this was crazy.

I'm not hating on the community, but I really hated how the neighborhood was preventing the biker to leave or have a say.  Thankfully that other driver helped out.

And yeah, I was really hoping to see a clip with at least NYPD in it or something.

"Use marked bike lanes or paths when available, except when making turns or when it is unsafe to do so. If the road is too narrow for a bicycle and a car to travel safely side by side, you have the right to ride in the middle of the travel lane. Bicycling is permitted on all main and local streets throughout the City, even when no designated route exists."

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/bicyclists/biketips.shtml

I hope the cyclist files charges against that idiot driver.

On the way to the gym on Houston I like to try to avoid Houston because of the traffic alogn with lack of bike lanes and construction. Instead I take a bit longer route on Allen with the dedicated bike lanes, traffic lines and the lanes are blocked off from traffic... much safer

Archived