Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Joel Up Front

"Limited" Internet connection

This has been going on for years now but every once in a while my router will just drop my wi-fi and never reconnect.  Sometimes just "forgetting" the settings for the network and re-entering my WEP key works; otherwise I have to reset the router only for that stupid little triangle to reappear in my Task Bar.  When I used my old XP desktop, this would never happen, but once I got my first laptop in 2009 with Vista, my Internet would randomly start dropping for no reason.  I did buy a new router in February which can actually handle the 25/5 speed I'm supposed to get but I still see this issue pop up from time to time.

Have you considered the Wi-Fi card within your laptop as a cause for the signal dropping?

Open up your computer and take a look at your wifi card. It should look along the lines of this: http://img.hexus.net/v2/lifestyle/news/intel/kedronfront2_tn.jpg

If you are not experienced with computers i DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU OPEN YOUR LAPTOP. If you do and you fry your computer, dont come to me and whine, I warned you.

If you do want to surge ahead and open up the computer, grab a metal chair and hold on to it or get one of those anti-static wristbands.

Best of luck!!

Edited by B3 Via Av U