MTA token booth clerk Tracy King arrested in inside-job subway heist

alekr

post-5097-0-36561300-1368722563_thumb.jpg
Two arrests were made in a weekend token booth robbery in Queens after a fingerprint lifted from the scene allowed detectives to grill a suspect, who confessed the clerk who had been tied up was actually in on the scheme. Clerk Tracy King, 48, was arrested Wednesday morning, a day after police caught up with her friend and accomplice, Anthony Brown, police said. Both were waiting to face a judge Wednesday evening.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-36561300-1368722563_thumb.jpg

Another fool who will lose her pension for being just plain stupid. If you do not like the job, resign and let someone else who would appreciate it take the position..

Now watch how the press and their cohorts in the political world use this as another excuse to bash transit workers (and that matter all government workers) for one rotten apple. Watch the idiotic political leaders and their friends rush to their puppets in the press with their cameras and say we have to do something about things like this even though it is one out of how many thousand workers?

You do not see them rushing to their friends in the press to say something when it is one of their fellow politicians being paraded in front of the cameras.. I think that the ratio of the number of New York State Senators  to the number of indicted New York State Senators this year is far higher as compared with the same for government workers over same period. Ditto for the New York State Assembly when we add in those that have resigned already this year. .

Another fool who will lose her pension for being just plain stupid. If you do not like the job, resign and let someone else who would appreciate it take the poe sition..

Now watch how the press and their cohorts in the political world use this as another excuse to bash transit workers (and that matter all government workers) for one rotten apple. Watch the idiotic political leaders and their friends rush to their puppets in the press with their cameras and say we have to do something about things like this even though it is one out of how many thousand workers?

You do not see them rushing to their friends in the press to say something when it is one of their fellow politicians being paraded in front of the cameras.. I think that the ratio of the number of New York State Senators  to the number of indicted New York State Senators this year is far higher as compared with the same for government workers over same period. Ditto for the New York State Assembly when we add in those that have resigned already this year. .

LOL... I'm sorry but the only difference between the politicians and some of the bad apples with the (MTA) is that the politicians are too stupid to get away with their corrupt actions.  We don't hear about a lot of corrupt (MTA) workers, but at the same time some of them get away with corrupt behavior for years due to the (MTA) 's  ineptness to realize when workers are taking advantage.  They're too big for their own good and this allows others to take advantage of the situation.  There was the whole big scandal with the falsifying of track signal inspections... The LIRR workers that were stealing for years until they were recently busted and that other chick that was fired for doing some underhanded things... I think it's pretty funny to be honest.

The funny part is the Union came and offered their support to this lady initially... Now if the (MTA) calls for stricter measures with token booth clerks, I wonder what the union would say.  Would be pretty damn funny though.  :lol:

http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info/?p=7138

The funny part is the Union came and offered their support to this lady initially... Now if the  (MTA) calls for stricter measures with token booth clerks, I wonder what the union would say.  Would be pretty damn funny though.   :lol:

Well thats what a Union is supposed to do...

Support for the fellow member.

Now that shes outted she will be lucky  if she gets a Job in McDonalds after Jail..

lol... Hey didn't someone say that the (MTA) gives second chances??  :lol:

There are no second chances at the (MTA) when it comes to theft. That being said there's no limit to the stupidity of people as shown by this former employee. It has been said that common sense isn't so common anymore and this woman is exhibit A.

lol... Hey didn't someone say that the (MTA) gives second chances??  :lol:

When it comes to "Theft Of Services" The MTA will fire you so fast you will be standing on the platform with a Metrocard in your hand saying WTF??

When it comes to "Theft Of Services" The MTA will fire you so fast you will be standing on the platform with a Metrocard in your hand saying WTF??

And that will be the least of King's problems. Tracy King is likely looking at as much as 4 years in the clink; $1,000 to $2,999.99 is grand larceny in the fourth degree. If she plea-bargains down one class, that's still a few months in the clink.

Unfortunately she isn't first or last clerk to think she could get away with a scandal. Just a few years back at 34th street another female clerk pulled the same type of stunt. She claimed she was robbed when in fact she handed her boyfriend all of the money. And the funniest part is they have cameras on that station pointed at the booth, and they seen him hanging around the booth with her for a week lol.

Many have tried it in the past only to meet the same fate as Tracy King. She must've thought that she was smarter than all the rest that came before her. I'm sure at this point TA has an entire department dedicated to dealing with theft of funds and service.

In my 8 years as a station agent, the money doesn't even affect me. It's just part of my work tools. No different than the computer screen or microphone in the booth.

No matter her financial situations, she had options of obtaining money. Pension loans, 401k/457b loans or a bank debt consolidation loan. But larceny should've never been an option to resort to. Hopefully she is innocent and is vindicated of any wrong doing. But her story had many swiss cheese holes in it, and the evidence against her is staggering to say the least.

Unfortunately she isn't first or last clerk to think she could get away with a scandal. Just a few years back at 34th street another female clerk pulled the same type of stunt. She claimed she was robbed when in fact she handed her boyfriend all of the money. And the funniest part is they have cameras on that station pointed at the booth, and they seen him hanging around the booth with her for a week lol. Many have tried it in the past only to meet the same fate as Tracy King. She must've thought that she was smarter than all the rest that came before her. I'm sure at this point TA has an entire department dedicated to dealing with theft of funds and service. In my 8 years as a station agent, the money doesn't even affect me. It's just part of my work tools. No different than the computer screen or microphone in the booth. No matter her financial situations, she had options of obtaining money. Pension loans, 401k/457b loans or a bank debt consolidation loan. But larceny should've never been an option to resort to. Hopefully she is innocent and is vindicated of any wrong doing. But her story had many swiss cheese holes in it, and the evidence against her is staggering to say the least.

lol... How could you say all of that and then say "Hopefully she is innocent?"  :huh: The evidence is there in black and white... She participated in the crime!!  :lol:

lol... How could you say all of that and then say "Hopefully she is innocent?"  :huh: The evidence is there in black and white... She participated in the crime!!  :lol:

Shut up, the TWU reads these boards. ou have to look like everyone supports one another.

Myself on the other hand, I have no commentary because clearly she's guilty. She f**ked up, big time. :lol:

Until she's convicted in a court of law, I can't make a final judgement on her. The media never tells the story 100%. Especially when it deals with unionized workers. I just mentioned hopefully she wasn't involved because it's not just her that suffers. Her family and children also have to suffer the same and humiliation. But if she's found guilty then she deserves her punishment.

Until she's convicted in a court of law, I can't make a final judgement on her. The media never tells the story 100%. Especially when it deals with unionized workers. I just mentioned hopefully she wasn't involved because it's not just her that suffers. Her family and children also have to suffer the same and humiliation. But if she's found guilty then she deserves her punishment.

lol... I'll give you that much but come on now. She was caught red handed.  There isn't much more to the story...

She wasn't exactly caught red handed. Her partner ratted her out lol. Like I said the evidence is staggering, and she does look very guilty. But until all the details come to light I'll reserve judgement. But if she is found guilty, then she deserves what ever punishment she gets.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL!! I know it's all about the brotherhood...  :D

That was a factor in why according to articles that led up to the Union Square disaster in 1991. Back then the T/O was clearly intoxicated when he reported to work, but as transit workers do not snitch on each other, unfortunately he was assigned to that (4) train even though the TSS and his co-workers *knew* he was drunk and was regurly reporting to work intoxicated with alcohol. Since then as far as I know (I can use some clarification on this) the MTA cracked down hard on problems concerning operating transit equipment under the influence.

Archived