M&E Lehigh Limited Excursion August 24, 2013

Bracamonte

The Morristown & Erie Railway's Lehigh Limited will host an excursion trip on August 24, 2013. The train will run from Hoboken Terminal, with a stop at Newark Penn Station and continue on to Bethlehem, PA. Tickets are on sale until May 31.

For more information, check out this website.

http://www.anniversary.merail.com/home

:o  :o  The tracks on the RVL to phillipsburg bethlehem are fit for train service!!!!!! Then what is NJT's BS excuse for not extending trains to bethlehem? CMON NJT.

No way the state of PA will fund that when the have private bus service running same service to NYC without costing them a dime.

You have a point. But If I was NJT I would make my pitch saying that the train is beyond simply bringing people to NYC. It brings them to employment sites in morris county via morristown line extension and to places in hunterdon and somerset and with better bus links to new brunswick via bound brook connection and colleges. It would take so many cars off the road easily as it would serve many destinations that the bus company simply doesn't reach. And allows reverse commuters within NJ to commute to PA so with the bidirectional benefits it can attract more jobs to the lehigh valley area due to easier transportation.

Archived