medical physical during processing

BreeddekalbL

Can anyone say besides ekg, vision, hearing, etc...what else do they have you do during medical? Are there any types of exercise? Like jumping jacks or something. Physically what do they have you do? Raise arms above head? Push up's? Etc...? Any detail regarding?

Nothing too strenuous...few squats, arm and leg movements, check for reflexes, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I came across an old post on this forum that they make you strip during medical? How true is this?

It's true...they make you change into a hospital gown...it's not like you're stripping 100%. What's nice is that, if you're placed on medical hold, the second time you come back, you don't strip - although they will take your vitals again, like blood pressure, you just meet with the physician to give you the OK and that's it.

It's true...they make you change into a hospital gown...it's not like you're stripping 100%. What's nice is that, if you're placed on medical hold, the second time you come back, you don't strip - although they will take your vitals again, like blood pressure, you just meet with the physician to give you the OK and that's it.

Wow, do they allow you to keep your underpants on at least? I understand they make you do certain movements like lifting legs and/or squats etc....how do they check reflexes? The hospital gowns have a way to tie, right?

Wow, do they allow you to keep your underpants on at least? I understand they make you do certain movements like lifting legs and/or squats etc....how do they check reflexes? The hospital gowns have a way to tie, right?

Yes they do...from what I recall, to check reflexes is the same way I recall my doctor doing it, they will make a fist, bang your kneecap and that should do it. Yes, the hospital gowns have a tie as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help from anyone with knowledge. I have not started officially working with Mta but I did get sworn in. I m hoping someone can help. I honestly forgot about a surgery. I was also out on disability for a couple of months for it through a a private insurance carrier. I m beyond upset at myself and wondering what to do and if this can even be corrected. Though I passed medical...I don't want to take the chance of failing background investigation because of this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I need help from anyone with knowledge. I have not started officially working with Mta but I did get sworn in. I m hoping someone can help. I honestly forgot about a surgery. I was also out on disability for a couple of months for it through a a private insurance carrier. I m beyond upset at myself and wondering what to do and if this can even be corrected. Though I passed medical...I don't want to take the chance of failing background investigation because of this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

First, try to get some paperwork, especially from a physician who knows about this stating that you're good to go. Next, if I was you, call MAC (Medical Assessment Center), and tell them what happened, not in a panic voice. You just may have to simply submit the paperwork from the physician to them. If they need to meet with you, they will let you know.

First, try to get some paperwork, especially from a physician who knows about this stating that you're good to go. Next, if I was you, call MAC (Medical Assessment Center), and tell them what happened, not in a panic voice. You just may have to simply submit the paperwork from the physician to them. If they need to meet with you, they will let you know.

Is there a way to private message you? I don't see that option.

• 2 weeks later...

i' ve read on these forums that drug test expires after 30 days and/or 90 days...which one is correct and is it the same for medical? 

Drug tests are good for 30 calendar days. Your medical examination is good for 90 calendar days.

• 1 year later...

I was placed on a medical hold for Conductor and went and had it cleared with a cardiologist. I ended up missing the class because my drug test expired and by the time it was all clear the class was filled. So i placed myself back on the list and began the whole process again. Now I am at the final processing and, I am worried that I would be placed on hold for the same thing again. I don't know if they still have on record that I cleared the EKG problem in february or would I have to go back to the cardiologist again?

Now I am at the final processing and, I am worried that I would be placed on hold for the same thing again. I don't know if they still have on record that I cleared the EKG problem in february or would I have to go back to the cardiologist again?

Like I said earlier in this topic, your medical examination is good for 3 months. Therefore, if your final processing date is within these 3 months, don't worry about it, you'll be fine. If it is not, then you might have to go back to MAC, and your cardiologist. Worse comes to worse, the Doctor will just give you another letter with an updated date and you'll be fine.

Like I said earlier in this topic, your medical examination is good for 3 months. Therefore, if your final processing date is within these 3 months, don't worry about it, you'll be fine. If it is not, then you might have to go back to MAC, and your cardiologist. Worse comes to worse, the Doctor will just give you another letter with an updated date and you'll be fine.

thanks. I was cleared on February 14th hopefully I won't have to again.

• 4 years later...

I was put on medical hold because of abnormal ekg.  I was so disappointed and confused. I don't have any heart disease or any other problems.  I had a ekg done in my Practical physicians office just 4 months ago that was  Normal.  They want a copy of that EKG.  And a statement from my doctor saying that I'm OK to work.  I related the message to my doctor  hopefully. I can get this resolved I see him this Monday.

How do you have to wait for a response after you send email stating that I have Medical documents to clear medical hold.I Sent the email  May 2. I was  BEING CONSIDERED FOR THE TRAINING CLASS STARTING SUNDAY May 8th , 2022 😔