Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
6 Lexington Ave

Metro-North trains collide in Conn. during rush hour, 60 hurt, 5 critically

post-5097-0-09946700-1369020275_thumb.jpg
Two Metro-North trains collided in Connecticut during the evening rush hour Friday, sending 60 people to the hospital, including five critically injured and one very critically injured, Gov. Dannel Malloy said. There were no reports of fatalities. The accident happened about 6:10 p.m. just east of the Bridgeport-Fairfield line when an eastbound train heading to New Haven from New York derailed and collided with a westbound train on a section of track near a viaduct that is under renovation.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-09946700-1369020275_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

First train derailed then struck by 2nd train

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Metro-North-Trains-Collide-Bridgeport-Connecticut-Several-People-Hurt-207944571.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

Eastbound Metro-North service was disrupted east of South Norwalk, while westbound service was limited to between Bridgeport and New York City.

Wow, that's a bad news, especially when two trains on the oposite direction collide, thanks god it seem that trains were running at low speed and there is no fatalities.

Do we know why the first train derailed ?

UPDATE: Amtrak Acela and Northeast Regional service between NYC and Boston suspended indefinitely due to Bridgeport train derailment ..

From looking at the pictures, it looks like the Engineers were spared from death.

Son of a bitch. From various sources though, there aren't any fatalities that are known.

Didn't Shore Line East was affected by this also?

Only the through trains from Stamford to New Haven and beyond to New London would be impacted.

Ban engineers, towermen, trains, and tracks.

Only solution I've heard so far...

can charlene obernaur branch out and start a CDOTRU and blame mangano for this?

joe.

Really amazing and grateful there were no fatalities from this. Train cars are a different story. Kinda reminds me of one accident up in the Bronx many years ago when they had to lose 2 of the M2 cars, and wondering why I kept hearing different numbers in railroad rosters (244 original M2s, after said accident was down to 242)

what a bad reputation to mnr. I heard the last accident was 1988 in mount vernon. Anyway I hope everyone is ok

You know... this joke's starting to get pretty tired... Pretty sure this incident wasn't intentional... 

• Upvote 3

I hear they're going to take some M2's out of storage because of that.

You can see why there's gonna be a track repair closure:

nice find, those kids did a good job documenting the damage. i tip my cap to them

joe

EWW I can't stand to see those things ouch.

oh ok, lets leave them in storage so that there will be a shortage of trains on the line and you can piss and moan about that. smfh

joe

• Upvote 1