Thoughts on the BM3?

Kriston Lewis

I had a feeling that was the case. What about during off-peak hours? Still metropolitan oval?

What is the usage on the BXM4 on brainbridge and beyond like starting from the 1st non concourse stop northward?

Is the concourse contributing to low off-peak ridership?  I know concourse use is light but how light is the use on the concourse stops during off-peak hours?

Would you stop derailing the thread and ask these questions about Bronx express buses in the Bronx thread?? This is about the BM3<_<

Now that were on it, which BM3 does better during the rush hour? What is the time on the BM3 compared to the Q (I might need to go to Sheepshead Bay in August for a family members party. I could easily go by express bus to, but not from)?

From viewing the timetables of both the (Q) and :bus_bullet_bm3: , and using personal estimates the (Q) might give you minimal time savings, but why would you purposely put up with that shit?

From viewing the timetables of both the (Q) and :bus_bullet_bm3: , and using personal estimates the (Q) might give you minimal time savings, but why would you purposely put up with that shit?

Exactly, because if I use an express bus to Manhattan, I'd rather take the BM3 then the (Q), even if I have a transfer. However since bus service to Manhattan cuts off at 3 PM on the BM3 and 6:44PM on the other bus, so its a PITA when I would need to use the (Q) back.

Exactly, because if I use an express bus to Manhattan, I'd rather take the BM3 then the (Q), even if I have a transfer. However since bus service to Manhattan cuts off at 3 PM on the BM3 and 6:44PM on the other bus, so its a PITA when I would need to use the (Q) back.

F**k. Didn't think about that.

Personally I'd be more willing to tolerate more bullshit on the ride back home, rather than in route to my destination.

It's up to you, but I would still consider the :bus_bullet_bm3: going one way.

Google maps is better than hopstop, I'll say that much..

But if you want the official MTA schedule for the BM3 (from the MTA website), here it is: 

BM3 timetable (click the link & print it if you want)

1] You have to look at the destination sign.... As I stated earlier, there are two specific peak hour services:

- The downtown loop buses (that only serve lower manhattan)

- The super express buses (that only serve midtown manhattan)

2] You have to make sure the bus you're boarding reads this signage:

Midtown

57th st

Some drivers may have the "super express" signage up after it reads Midtown 57th st, some might not

(but during the AM peak, they still go express to midtown)... At the very least, you have to get on a bus that has the Midtown 57th st signage....

Just be a little more careful next time.... and of course, when in doubt, don't hesitate to ask the driver...

Thanks! I knew something was up since the bus was a couple of minutes early. I will check out the sign on the bus more carefully next time.

I usually have carpool, but need to take subway 3-4 times per month (weekdays only) thankfully I can now treat myself to a calm bus ride on those days rather than a not so pleasant subway.

Archived