Yuki's NICE Trips

Since there's for MTA subway and buses, maybe for NICE Bus too.

On Saturday, November 10th, I boarded 10:40 n20 Roslyn #1815, which was talking bus and had male driver.

After we boarded and left ontime.

As bus was pulling out from stop at Flushing-Main St, bus said, "This bus is making a turn."

It repeated as Roslyn-bound n20 was making turn from Main St to Kissena Blvd, then to Sanford Av and Northern Blvd and wheelchair ramp was working today.

It kept making same talking announcement all the way.

After bus was approaching City Line, male B/O made announcement, "Attention! Because of gas line, everyone wishing to exit bus must use front door. As you leave the bus, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT because these drivers are crazy."

So, everyone who was getting off in bus stop blocked by gas line followed bus operator's safety order and as they use front door, they look to their right to make sure for cars waiting in gas line.

Male Bus operator and few of passengers talking about gas station, and while male bus operator was driving to work, he told few of passengers that 4 gas stations he passed had gas and no line in 4 o'clock in morning.

All gas stations including at Middle Neck Rd was crazy as well.

Cars waiting on gas line confused many motorists which delayed bus little.

Talking bus repeated at every turn. I got off at Searington Rd at 11:34, went to Manhassett Whole Food for shopping.

After quick shopping, I got on 12:01 n20 Flushing #1598 departed 12:28, one minute early at Pt. Washington Blvd after getting quick $1.75 baked good from Gas Station deli at Pt. Washington.

Once another male driver was approaching "Susquennaha Av", he announced to passenger, "Does anyone want this stop?"

After no one replied, he made right turn to Susquennaha Av to avoid gas line, which passenger said, "Smart move." However few feet away, there were National Grid and LIPA was working on tree or power line, not sure.

Some passengers got off thinking bus might get stuck.

Male driver honked to get attention of Nassau Police, LIPA or National Grid guy, but they couldn't hear him, so B/O has to stepped out of bus and ran to them and tell them situation.

After that, B/O came back, removed cone, then there was one Asian lady with shopping bags were waiting for him after she thought bus was coming. This B/O pick her right back up, then drove like excellent professional driver navigating narrow street with National Grid vehicles and police car.

Once he got to Middle Neck Rd, National Grid stopped northbound traffic as our bus return to our regular routing and I got off at Flushing at 13:25.

On Sunday, November 11th, with Japanese guest, after we look at tourist attraction via Staten Island Ferry, and S79 SBS back to Brooklyn, then head over to Howard Beach for (A) Shuttle Bus to Far Rockaway.

Once (A) Shuttle bus was travelling through Five Towns, another Queens Village bus follow our bus to Mott Av Terminal. Lots of traffic lights are still out by LIPA, even the Far Rockaway.

Mott Av terminal was used for subway shuttle bus drop off/pick up and it was crazy as hell.

As result of subway shuttle bus blocking the Beach 21st St, 15:30 n33 Long Beach #1795 departed very late at 15:56.

There was no traffic officer directly traffic at Beach 20th St/Seargirt Blvd, which is dangerous wide street and had NO light on traffic light.

Atlantic Highland bridge tolls were suspended as our bus went into LIPA blackout area of Atlantic Beach.

Power was on at Long Beach and look at all the people suffered from storm.

Once bus got near Long Beach Station, he made U-turn before bridge and pulled over by bank.

Arrived at Long Beach Station at 16:24, extreme late, and was able to make to 16:30 n15 Roosevelt Field bus.

There was no indication on NICE Bus, n15 and n33 buses were stopping outside the bus bay.

While we were switching to n15 bus, there was Northfolk Express, properly for LIRR Shuttle Buses were stopping outside, while City of Long Beach was in the bus bay.

It was very crazy and after dinner at Grillfire Restraunt in Rockville Cetre, we went back home by n4 Jamaica, Q44 to (7) home.

• 2 weeks later...

I got on conductor's cab #1705 on Willets-Point-bound (7) departed Junction Blvd @ 8:21, arrived Mets-Willets Point at 8:26.

Total time on subway: 5 minutes.

Next, I got on same cab #1791 departed 8:29, arrived Flushing-Main St @ 8:34.

Total time: 5 minutes.

I got on 8:45 n20l Limited Hicksville #1591, which departed Roosevelt Av/Main St 4 minutes early at 8:41.

At Middle Neck Rd, he almost went to Great Neck Loop until one of passenger remind him he was limited.

At Plandome Rd, we catch up with 8:25 n20 Roslyn in lead, followed by 8:30 n20 Hicksville local.

Suppose to arrived Northern Blvd/Glen Clove Rd @ 9:27, but arrived 10 minutes late at 9:37.

Total time: 56 minutes.

Next, 8:55 n27 Roosevelt Field Mall #1781 that suppose to arrived 9:15, arrive/departed 9:42, 27 minutes late, and suppose to arrived Roosevelt Field Mall at 9:39, arrived at 10:09, 10 minutes late

Total time: 27 minutes.

Next, I got on 10:28 n15 Long Beach #1706 departed 1 minute early at 10:27.

Few stops before Island Park, rear door got disabled, so female driver on this one stopped at next bus stop, open the back of bus to turn off the beeping noise.

It was schedule to arrival at Long Beach Station at 11:35, arrived 1 minute early at 11:34.

Total time: 67 minutes.

I got n33 and Ronkonhonma Branch schedule andI went to bus terminal and ask City of Long Beach Bus Operators on Point Lookout N69 bus if that NICE Bus stopping in that terminal and he said, only our buses while n15/n33 were stopping outside train station.

I bought some kind off cheese-bakery thing that in package.

I boarded 11:50 n33 Far Rockaway #1719 which departed 6 minutes late at 13:56, supposed to arrived Beach 21st St/Mott Av @ 12:15, however it was 12:26, 11 minutes late.

Total time: 30 minutes late.

I boarded Rockaway Park-bound Q22 #3519 departed 12:30, arrived Seagirt Blvd/Crest Rd @ 12:34.

Total time on MTA Bus: 4 minutes.

Next, I got on 12:50 n32 Hempstead #1723 departed 1 minute early at 12:49 which was schedule to arrive Hempstead Transit Center at 13:48.

After bus got on Broadway,it was about 30 people onboard, 1723 got reset at Cocklin Av, then BROKE DOWN at Johnson Place at 13:25, arrival time suppose to be 13:12, 13 minutes late.Some people got off the bus.

Total time: 36 minutes.

We sit in the bus 1 hour until 13:30 n32 Hempstead #1556 showed up schedule time of 13:53, departed 6 minutes late at 13:59.

When male driver got to Lynbrook Station, he told his passenger, "I QUIT." and passenger asked if he was serious and he was.

Everyone who was on broken down bus, 13:30 n32 bus or passenger boarding n32 was worry until female driver came to relief him. Male driver should have stayed until female driver comes to bus for passenger safety because there are lots of criminals who might steal anything.

Due to our bus #1723 broke down, #1556 was EXTREMELY OVERCROWDED FROM REAR TO FRONT, suppose to arrival 14:28, however arrived at 14:43, 15 minutes late.

Total time: 44 minutes.

Total time combined #1723/#1556: 114 minutes. 1 hour and 54 minutes.

All these drivers told me wheelchair lift/ramps were working.

I mad mad rush to Hempstead Free Public Library, and got visitor pass to use internet quickly, use Job Computer, but it came out faded.

I rush out of library back to Hempstead Transit Center where I boarded 15:15 n70 Melville #1786 which was female driver, and she was properly new driver and not PASSENGER COURTESY.

I paid my fare on 30-Day MetroCard, however farebox wouldn't read my card for some reason. I told her it was asking on all other buses I took and she refused to move her bus until I paid my fare, which I did paid and I was charge $2.25 on my seperate Regular MetroCard. I was so pissed, I called friend of my Cindy Tropeano, union and bus operator who is only member of LIB Riders Union, and then I called NICE Bus Customer service which male operator wasn't NICE at all.

This female driver refused to tell me if lift/ramp is working.

She left 4 minutes early at 15:11.

I asked passenger sitting next to me and I had to rely on my time on digital camera, announcement indicator and bus schedule, so I wouldn't miss my stop.

She was suppose to arrived Conklin/Main Sts at 13:54, arrived 13:56, 2 minutes late.

I asked her if this bus was stop for Farmingdale Station, however SHE REFUSED TO HELP PASSENGER WHO NEED DIRECTION AND SHE IGNORE MY HELP, which was EXTREME RUDE and even thought I was unfamiliar with Farmingdale, so I had to get off there not knowing I got off at correct stop and so I was forced to go into Blimpie Fast Food store to ask employee if I got off at right place for train station and she told me yes and gave me direction.

Total time: 45 minutes.

I stopped by at Chinese Food to see what they have in menu, but not much.

So, I walk until I got to Hot Wing, which female employee was good looking which I ordered 5 pieces of boneless Chicken Wing with Western Texas flavor and Ranch dressing along with iced tea can and small size of french fries.

While I was waiting for my lunch/dinner, I asked her about Hurricane Sandy and she told me she lost power for 14-days.

After my order arrive, I asked one of customer who was waiting for their order to untie knot and he did, so I said thank you.

After I tasted my food at new place, I gave about 52 cent tip which made her and employee happy.

I walk quickly to Farmingdale Station, where MTA Bus from College Point #3018 was doing LIRR Shuttle Bus to hotel.

Nice LIRR Employee call to MTA Officials that one of pre-register speak was on the way.

While I was waiting in bus with male B/O, Able-Ride came up and I hurried to Veolia Driver told hand him "Report an Incident Form" and he was happy and I went back on shuttle bus.

After train left and with 2 people, Melville Marriot-bound Shuttle Bus departed at 16:32, and arrived Melville Marriot Hotel @ 16:57.

Total time: 15 minutes.

It was beautiful hotel I ever seen in Nassau County, so one of media in front of sign, then went up 2nd floor's grand ballroom.

After I made my speech, there were recess because not so many people.

After I finish my lunch, I asked one of MTA employee if there's place to use internet and she showed me. She asked hotel employee if I could use internet and she said sure. This hotel receptionist was excellent customer service and when I ask if this computer has printer, she said yes and I printed 10 copies of my 2 page testimony and I handed to Newsday, another press/journalist, MTA, Bridge & Tunnel, News 4 and non-MTA Officials. I handed to three media/journalist my copy of Report An Incident Form with English/Spanish, Chinese/Korean flier translated by Asian Center Translation Center in Queens Community College, and form sheet for Report An Incident."

After that few minutes, I got back on same bus #3018 departed 18:55, arrived Farmingdale Station @ 19:10.

I asked LIRR employee if there was deli store nearby but I couldn't figured out, so I asked another LIRR employee and he told me there was 7-11 on right at 2nd stop sign.

Then, when I was near All Island Taxi trailer, I was little confused and went up to trailer, but no dispatcher to help me, so I walked on direction given by LIRR Employees, I found 7-11 on other side of train track and purchase medium size of Cool Nestea Iced Tea and M&M to go.

I rush back to Farmingdale Station, where 19:13 Ronkonkoma Branch was being held which was suppose to arrived at 19:40 due to mechanic problem, it was held 9-8-7 minutes and came in at 9:46, departed 9:47, 7 minutes behind schedule.

It made unschedule stop at Merillion Av and New Hyde Park, then usual stop including Hillside Facility, then door problem at Jamaica, where I got off Woodside, 20:30, suppose to arrived 20:22, 8 minutes late.

Total time on Train: 43 minutes.

When I swiped my 30-Day MetroCard at 61st St-Woodside, turnstile read my MetroCard. I was afraid that farebox on NICE Bus might reset my 30-Day MetroCard to July 2012. Then I knew, it was the nasty female driver on n70 who doesn't know how to reset farebox.

I boarded front car #2130 on Flushing-bound <7> Express departed 20:36, arrived Junction Blvd at 20:39.

Total time on Subway: 3 minutes.

Classic NICE Bus story. Lets count the things that went wrong.

1.Inexperienced, poorly trained bus driver failed to read schedule and left 4 minutes early.

2.Same bus driver makes mistake on route for the same reason

3.Very Late bus due to a previous breakdown or inexperienced driver or poor scheduling

4.Back door malfunctions due to poor maintanance

5.Another Bus stalls and eventually breaks down

6. Bus driver walks off the job fed up

7. People have to wait another hour for a bus that used to run every 30 min under the MTA, another example of the cuts Veolia made to busy bus routes leading to overcrowding

8. Farebox malfunction

9. New driver has no knowledge of the area

NINE THINGS WENT WRONG. Yeah LIB had its problems, but with NICE almost every trip is a problem. MTA has standards and knew it could only afford to run half the bus service that was budgeted, Veolia has NO STANDARDS and will cut anything it can to say it can provide a higher level of service. There's no maintanance, so buses are breaking down constantly. They cut labor costs, forcing many LIB drivers to leave, which is what Veolia wants, so they can hire new drivers who lack experience at a much lower pay. What you get is truly a third world bus system. There's an old saying "you get what you pay for". Since Nassau didn't want to pay for quality bus service, they are not getting any. NICE is like a cheap cell phone camera and the MTA is like a Canon Powershot. What would you rather use?

Seems like you (FamousNY) get out to Nassau County a lot even though you're in Mannhattan. I know you're a transit advocate but it seems I'd get fed up with NICE fast. Best advice I can give is try your best to get your fare back.

Classic NICE Bus story. Lets count the things that went wrong.

1.Inexperienced, poorly trained bus driver failed to read schedule and left 4 minutes early.

2.Same bus driver makes mistake on route for the same reason

3.Very Late bus due to a previous breakdown or inexperienced driver or poor scheduling

4.Back door malfunctions due to poor maintanance

5.Another Bus stalls and eventually breaks down

6. Bus driver walks off the job fed up

7. People have to wait another hour for a bus that used to run every 30 min under the MTA, another example of the cuts Veolia made to busy bus routes leading to overcrowding

8. Farebox malfunction

9. New driver has no knowledge of the area

NINE THINGS WENT WRONG. Yeah LIB had its problems, but with NICE almost every trip is a problem. MTA has standards and knew it could only afford to run half the bus service that was budgeted, Veolia has NO STANDARDS and will cut anything it can to say it can provide a higher level of service. There's no maintanance, so buses are breaking down constantly. They cut labor costs, forcing many LIB drivers to leave, which is what Veolia wants, so they can hire new drivers who lack experience at a much lower pay. What you get is truly a third world bus system. There's an old saying "you get what you pay for". Since Nassau didn't want to pay for quality bus service, they are not getting any. NICE is like a cheap cell phone camera and the MTA is like a Canon Powershot. What would you rather use?

1) Some drivers leave early because they know there's insufficient runtime. The N20 got to Glen Cove Road 10 minutes late, and the N70 got to Melville 2 minutes late. Yeah, the B/O shouldn't do it, but what can you do. They've left early under the MTA as well, and even here in NYC, there are buses that leave a few minutes early. It's not like he left 10 minutes early or something. That's why they tell you to arrive at the stop 5-10 minutes beforehand, so if the bus leaves a little early, you can still catch it. It sucks, but what can you do?

You can argue that some people might've missed the bus because the B/O left a few minutes early, but the passengers on the bus could miss their connection if the bus arrives too late. If you're taking a bus on hourly headways, you don't wait until the last minute to get to the stop.

2) I'm not seeing what you're saying with that.

3) Which has happened under LIB.

4) It happens all the time here in NYC. Sometimes a passenger held onto the door too long, or something like that, and the door doesn't close completely. Then because the mechanism stops the bus from moving unless the door is locked, the B/O has to open and shut the doors properly.

5) Well, I'll give you this, even though breakdowns have happened under the MTA.

6) That's what I thought happened, but when I reread it, it sounded like he was joking, because he was being relieved. He said, the male driver walked off, and the female driver came on (and it happened at Lynbrook, which is a major stop).

7) It was a typo. The bus broke down at 13:25, and the next bus arrived at 13:53. That's 28 minutes, so he probably meant to write a half hour, not an hour.

8) Happens all the time in NYC. The B/O should've just let him on, like they do here in NYC, but what can you do?

9) That was rude, but that doesn't necessarily mean they had no knowledge of the area. That might've just meant they couldn't be bothered (which is bad, but not the worst thing in the world)

Yeah I've had LIB operators leave a couple minutes early, but 4 is pushing it. If (MTA) saw you running hot you'd get talked to. They even did it to one guy who left Roosevelt Field only 2 minutes early! Yes on some routes you have to leave early because there is insufficient running time, perhaps thats why drivers are leaving early more now. Like that n23 I was on last Sunday that ran 10 minutes early, it arrived at RF only 4 minutes early. There's certainly more breakdowns now than with LIB, even alot of farebox problems. If I saw a breakdown every week at LIB, its almost every other day at NICE Bus. The ontime performance is much worse as well. LIB was far from perfect but I will say it again and again NICE is much worse. Just ride the routes like myself and Yuki and see for yourself.

I would love to come and ride NICE and experience it for myself and I promise I will give an honest and serious review.

But yeah, that'll cost me a bit too much. A ticket to NYC is quiet cheap, however hotels are not. If hotels were cheap then I'd be flying in next week already.

1) Some drivers leave early because they know there's insufficient runtime. The N20 got to Glen Cove Road 10 minutes late, and the N70 got to Melville 2 minutes late. Yeah, the B/O shouldn't do it, but what can you do. They've left early under the MTA as well, and even here in NYC, there are buses that leave a few minutes early. It's not like he left 10 minutes early or something. That's why they tell you to arrive at the stop 5-10 minutes beforehand, so if the bus leaves a little early, you can still catch it. It sucks, but what can you do?

You can argue that some people might've missed the bus because the B/O left a few minutes early, but the passengers on the bus could miss their connection if the bus arrives too late. If you're taking a bus on hourly headways, you don't wait until the last minute to get to the stop.

2) I'm not seeing what you're saying with that.

3) Which has happened under LIB.

4) It happens all the time here in NYC. Sometimes a passenger held onto the door too long, or something like that, and the door doesn't close completely. Then because the mechanism stops the bus from moving unless the door is locked, the B/O has to open and shut the doors properly.

5) Well, I'll give you this, even though breakdowns have happened under the MTA.

6) That's what I thought happened, but when I reread it, it sounded like he was joking, because he was being relieved. He said, the male driver walked off, and the female driver came on (and it happened at Lynbrook, which is a major stop).

7) It was a typo. The bus broke down at 13:25, and the next bus arrived at 13:53. That's 28 minutes, so he probably meant to write a half hour, not an hour.

8) Happens all the time in NYC. The B/O should've just let him on, like they do here in NYC, but what can you do?

9) That was rude, but that doesn't necessarily mean they had no knowledge of the area. That might've just meant they couldn't be bothered (which is bad, but not the worst thing in the world)

Actually 10:28 n15 bus #1706 was not crowded at all and no one was near the rear door.

For 12:50 n32 #1723 which got broken down 13:30 n32 #1556, I combined from schedule departure of broken down and 2nd bus's arrival time at Hempstead. It is not typo.

I think male driver on 13:30 n32 Hempstead might have been senior driver who was fed up with Veolia.

I plan to show my friend's NICE schedule paddle report to 15:15 n70 Melville driver, so I wouldn't have to paid $2.25.

None of old or new drivers forced me to paid $2.25 except for 15:15 n70 Melville because she didn't know how to reset farebox in first place.

All old and new drivers kindly told me if ramps/lifts were working except for 15:15 n70 Melville driver.

If I knew I could use the internet at Marriot, I could have taken 15:00 n72 Babylon bus instead of rude driver.

• 2 weeks later...

After I stopped by at Warren St house, i boarded conductor's car #1755 on Times Sq-bound (7) local departed Junction Blvd @ 8:02, arrived 74th St-Broadway @ 8:06.

Total time on Subway: 4 minutes.

When I went downstairs to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av, I missed Jamaica-bound (F) and I thought (E) was coming next. However, it was (F) again.

I got on rear car #XXXX on Jamaica-bound (F) train and almost forgot my incident report papers in FedEx mail stuff and I quickly retrieve and departed 8:15, arrived 169th St @ 8:29.

Total time on Subway: 14 minutes.

Next, I got on 8:37 n6x Hempstead #1826 departed Hillside Av/168th St 4 minutes early at 8:33, arrived Hempstead Transit Center @ 9:13, 2 minutes late from 9:15.

Total time: 40 minutes.

Next, security friend and NICE dispatcher who are famililar with me took flier about tonight's meeting LIBRU host.

After circling around getting few schedules, I got on 9:30 n17 Rockville Cetre #1706 departed 1 minutes early at 9:29, suppose to arrived Rockville Cetre Station 9:53, however five minutes early at 9:48.

Total time: 19 minutes.

Next, I walk to Merrick Rd/Park Av and got on 9:25 n4 Freeport #1837 which suppose to leave 9:53, departed 10:05, 12 minutes late. This male driver made major stop announcement.

Suppose to arrive Freeport Station @ 10:08, arrived 17 minutes late at 10:25 as he said, "Last Stop, Freeport Station! Make sure to take your belonging and thank you for riding NICE Bus.".

Total time: 20 minutes.

Since I was early for 11:00, I walk across the Sunrise Highway for Family Discount Store, which had good tape for $1.08.

I got on 11:00 n36 Lynbrook #1832, which female driver, properly senior recognized me and departed 10:56, 4 minutes early. Suppose to arrive Baldwin/Grand Avs at 11:11, she got there at 11:08, 3 minutes early.

Total time: 12 minutes.

Next, I asked Baldwin Harbor 7-11 closest library and he only gave me direction for Oceanside library in Freeport, and I ask customer where was Baldwin Harbor Library. Customer corrected me, so when he told me kindly 1 miles and 1/4 walk, so that's when I saw on 11:15 n35 Westbury 1705 departed Grand Av/Baldwin Av at 3 minutes early at 11:12, and suppose to arrive Grand Av/School St at 11:19, but arrived 1 minute early at 11:18.

I used 1-hour internet at beautiful public library Baldwin Free Public Library.

Total time: 6 minutes.

After I did you know what, I walk over to Grand Av/Merrick Rd timepoint and 12:15 n35 Westbury #1833, who was male senior driver suppose to arrive 12:18, arrived one minute early at 12:17.

Somewhere along the routes, there was proof wheelchair ramp was working as he picked up the wheelchair passenger and his wife with baby boarded the bus. He got off at bus stop somewhere bus intersect with n70s and n48s.

Even thought he's drop off point was Post Av/Rockland St at 13:20, he escorted me to Rockland St/School St at 13:10, 15 minutes late.

Total time: 68 minutes.

n35 made U-turn on school driveway.

After that I visited second library, PinePower's local library, Westbury Memorial Library after asking security at school to comfirm and I said thank you. Library was so beautiful as well and I use internet there as well.

I realized there was nothing near n35 terminus.

As I was walking along Rockland St, n35 #1691 was turning around at School St.

So I got on 14:25 n35 Baldwin Harbor #1691 departed ontime, arrived Post Av/Maple Av @ 14:27.

Total time: 2 minutes.

I ask Westbury resident for pizza place and they pointed. Alfrendo’s Pizzeria looks like bar, thought I went by it and Spanish resident correct me and I had one slice of pizza.

Next, 14:30 n22 Hicksville #1693 suppose to arrive Maple Av/Post Av @ 15:31, 6 minutes late at 15:37. This was male senior driver who recognized me and he told me schedule is missed up. He told me he only do local. To his opinion, we don’t need limited or express. We need more local.

Arrive Hicksville Station at 15:54, 10 minutes late from 15:44.

Total time: 17 minutes.

Next 16:15 n24 Jamaica #1671 departed ontime. At East Gate Blvd/Zeckerndorf Blvd, we pulled over to inexperience truck driver who caused our bus arrival at Roosevelt Field Mall @ 16:44, 4 minutes late from 16:38. That truck driver was texting us n24 driver passed him on the left. Everyone who was on it was curious why that truck driver took long time blocking us.

Total time: 29 minutes.

Next, I got on 17:04 n15 Long Beach #1713, with male driver left with one passenger trying to board because female lady was blocking him and he left without him and departed 17:02, 2 minutes early.

Suppose to arrived at Hempstead Transit Center at 17:25, he pulled in 3 minutes early at 17:22.

I saw another familiar dispatcher. After circling around, I quickly went to Hempstead Public Library to print TAC Meeting schedules from NICE Bus website and my whelelchair survey sheets that to handed to Long Island Bus Riders Union.

When I got to 250 Fulton Av, I saw someone was going an elevator and I said, “Hold the elevator, please.”

As he holded, I said thank you and even I asked him to press (6), please.

We have new members, one more NICE rider. We also have another female worker who works with disabled organization I think doing project and we have another female member who is making our meeting video.

While doing the meeting, we had pizza.

After the meeting I walk through Hempstead Transit Center and I was on west end of transit center waiting for walk signal.

While I was waiting for green light, TAXI DRIVER CUT ACROSS THE SIDEWALK, ALMOST HITTING ME AND I WAS PISSED AND I SAID HEY!

Another taxi that was sitting on west side of driveway opened his window and I told him that driver almost ran me over.

At Hempstead Station, there was Long Island Railroad sitting there, but it only told us 20:11, 10:11. 19:35 Hempstead Branch due in at 20:26 was 17 minutes late, which our train that leaves 21:11. I thought train will properly missed my connecting train to Woodside, so

I didn’t want to take chance becoming late, so I went back to Hempstead Transit Center, where I got on 19:45 n41 Mineola #1699 that due in Hempstead Transit Center at 19:50, departed 20:29, 39 minutes late.

Another familiar male driver recognized me. He told me and other passengers there was heavey traffic. He told me he was very late because of that.

While in between I told him, “Hempstead train was 17 minutes late and I told him properly Mineola will be faster.”

When I said, “Every transportation in Long Island is no good”, male driver agreed.

Suppose to arrive Mineola Intermodal Transit Center at 17:59, however arrived 45 minutes late at 20:44.

Total time: 15 minutes.

When I went to elevator, LIRR Destination screen tells me 20:46 Penn Station was operating 6 minutes late.

It was I got on car #7398 on 19:58 Ronkonhoma Branch which departed 6 minutes late at 20:52 and suppose to arrived Jamaica at 21:00, arrived 6 minutes late at 21:06, which missed our 9:02 Woodside-Penn Station connection.

Total time on LIRR: 14 minutes.

Next, I got on on M3 Car #9771 on 20:48 Long Beach Branch departed Jamaica ontime at 21:22, then arrived Woodside at 21:28, 3 minutes early from 21:31.

Total time on LIRR: 6 minutes.

Total combine LIRR times: 36 minutes.

Next, I got on front car of Flushing-Main St-bound <7> Express #2120 departd 61st St-Woodside at 21:33, arrived Junction Blvd at 21:36.

Total time: 3 minutes.

I stopped by at Warren St house and went home to condo.

THE END

Next, I got on 17:04 n15 Long Beach #1713, with male driver left with one passenger trying to board because female lady was blocking him and he left without him and departed 17:02, 2 minutes early.

Suppose to arrived at Hempstead Transit Center at 17:25, he pulled in 3 minutes early at 17:22.

Well, that sucks.

At Hempstead Station, there was Long Island Railroad sitting there, but it only told us 20:11, 10:11. 19:35 Hempstead Branch due in at 20:26 was 17 minutes late, which our train that leaves 21:11. I thought train will properly missed my connecting train to Woodside, so

I didn’t want to take chance becoming late, so I went back to Hempstead Transit Center, where I got on 19:45 n41 Mineola #1699 that due in Hempstead Transit Center at 19:50, departed 20:29, 39 minutes late.

Just so you know, you can take the (E) to Jackson Heights and then take the (7) there instead of worrying about making the LIRR connection at Woodside.

Well, that sucks.

Just so you know, you can take the (E) to Jackson Heights and then take the (7) there instead of worrying about making the LIRR connection at Woodside.

I know that but I already had spent $7.25 for Hempstead-Woodside when I was at Hempstead first.

• 5 months later...

May 18th's NICE Bus Journey:
Today I boarded 12:25 n20 Hicksville #1742 and he was only 1 minutes late departing Flushing, and arrived Greenvale at 13:26, 4 minutes behind schedule.

When I got to PATHmark stop, I met my good friend of mine, Spanish female friend and she is only one cares about bus service and she told me that 13:27 n27 Glen Clove male drivers always late on weekend. Male B/O on #1884 came in late and departed 13:41, 7 minutes behind schedule from 13:34, and suppose to arrive at downtown Glen Cove at 13:51, but arrived 14:09, 18 minutes late. He was driving his bus very slow like it was almost feel it was dancing bus. Do you know there was paper sign by announcement indicator that says, "NO BELL- CALL A STOP". Some Spanish push buzzer and it was working, some called out stop.

I rush to deli for 50 cent chips and this male bus driver was very kind and he waited for me even he was suppose to leave at 13:54, but departed 14:11, 19 minutes late.
He was suppose to get to Greenvale Gas Station at 14:13, but we got there 14:30, and former n21 riders miss 14:01 n20 Flushing properly left ontime at 14:21. They properly end up waiting 1-hour for next one.

When we arrived at Roslyn Station at 14:41, I met regular bus riders of n27 I know because he was 21 minutes behind from arrival time 14:20. We missed 14:00 n23 Hempstead which properly arrived 14:29-14:31 and left.
But thanks for NICE to put 15:03 n23 Hempstead bus from Searington Blvd, we didn't have to wait for an hour and as #1620 came on time 13:11, departed 13:12, 1 minute late.

We arrived Roosevelt Field Mall at 15:43, 2 minutes early and I made 15:45 n43 Freeport #1714. Male driver told me announcement is not very good.
At Hofra University, couple boarded and they told me they have lots of complaint against NICE Bus, so I gave them LIBRU summary and show them Solage's press release on NICE.
We arrived Freeport Station at 16:29, 8 minutes late from 16:21.

Then some of us got on 16:20 n4 Jamaica #1722, female driver who departed 11 minutes late.
Even thought I have permission from LIBRU, TWU Local 252, NICE, Nassau County Legislature, this nasty and rude female driver, properly new driver refused to cooperate with me to tell if announcement and lift was working. When I tried to ask, she said, "No, no, no, no!"
She was so rude, I have to seat in forward seat behind the driver, hidding from nasty driver.
In town of Lynbrook Station, I overhead elderly couples complaining no audible announcement was on, but they were able to get off.
When I heard that, I yelled to driver to put on announcement on but she refused.
She was only nice to regular bus riders.
At City Line, she refused to open the rear door on crowded bus because passenger at bus stop was trying to board the crowded bus through front door.
She was suppose to arrive 17:37 at Jamaica Center, arrived at 17:40.
I asked for her run #, but she refused to tell me.
So, I went to Jamaica Center MTA booth and pleased MTA Dispatcher if he could pull over the driver to ask her Bus Run #, but he didn't because it wasn't part of MTA anymore.

THE END OF NICE Journey through Glen Clove

• 1 month later...

I got on 7:05 n20l Limited Hicksville #1698 departed 2 min late at Flushing-Main St, arrived ontime at 8:18 Hicksville Station. 73 minutes ride.

Next, I got on 8:30 n74 Wantagh #1876, which wouldn't read my MetroCard departed ontime, suppose to arrive Wantagh Station at 8:56, arrive 3 minutes late at 8:59. 19 minutes ride.

I went to Wantagh Public Library and it wasn't open yet, so I went to deli to get $1 Arizona Iced Tea and Newsday to go, then stop by at Wantagh Station to get few more n87s, so I could hand it out to n87 bus that didn't had n87 schedules and give out to n88 riders as well.

At 9:28, I return to library and entered beautiful library at 9:30.

Librarians here were very friendly and customer service on my first visit to this library. It was very architectural.

Since next n87 was 10:20, with visitor pass, I used 1-hour of internet. Printing was 5 cent per page, so I printed 20 copies of my library testimony for this Thursday public hearing held by Assembly Committee on Sale of NYC Library Buildings, then NICE Wheelchair/Announcement Survey sheet.

After that, I got on 10:20 n87 Jones Beach #1712 suppose to arrive 10:43, but arrive 3 minute late at 10:46, and suppose to arrive Jones Beach's Central Mall at 11:05, but arrived 5 minutes early at 11:00. 14 minutes ride.

Next, I boarded the 11:03 n88 Freeport #1790 suppose to arrive Central Mall at 11:05, but arrive 2 minutes early at 11:03, arrived Freeport Station at 11:20, 1 minute early from 11:21. 17 minutes ride.

Next. I went into waiting area to get new schedule copies of n4, n19, n40/41, n43, n88 buses.

Next, I boarded the same #1790 on 11:27 n88 Jones Beach, and blonde female dispatcher, who is my friend and ontime, and suppose to arrive Central Mall at 11:58, arrive 17 minutes early at 11:43. 16 minutes ride.

I handed out n87 schedule to n88 riders.

I walk to West Bathhouse on beautiful hot boardwalk at Jones Beach and got on 12:20 n87 Hicksvile #881 ontime at West Bathhouse, then suppose to arrived Merrick Rd/Wantagh Av at 12:39, arrive 3 minutes early at 12:36. 16 minutes ride.

After I asked where was n19 Babylon stop, driver wasn't familar, so I asked Carvel Ice Cream shop and he was nice and help me little and found the bus stop.

When I was crossing the Merrick Rd, I was watching out for left turn traffic because I remember about PinePower's incident while crossing Sunrise Highway.

I got on n19 Babylon #1777 departed Merrick Rd/Wantagh Av (Jackson St) at 12:51, 5 minutes late from 12:46, and suppose to arrive Sunrise Mall at 13:04, arrived 5 minutes late at 13:09. 18 minutes ride.

I stop by at Sunrise Mall's Mall Office and they didn't had new schedules yet. Mall representative told me, NICE Bus is very slow giving them schedule.

I stop by at As You Seen on TV shop, then went to Arby's at Food Court where I had 5 pieces of crispy and crunchy Chicken Tenders combo with sweet iced tea and curly fries with Arby sauce. It was very delicious.

After I finish I gave $1 chip.

There were lots of cute girls, including little girls.

I boarded 15:00 n54 #1706 at 15:27, 17 minutes late from 15:10, and suppose to arrive Hempstead Transit Center at 15:53, but arrived at 16:22, 29 minutes late due to extreme OVERCROWDED ride. 55 minutes ride.

I got on 16:48 n6x Jamaica #1702, which departed 1 minute late at 16:49, suppose to arrive Franklin Sq at 17:01, arrived 4 minutes late at 17:05. 16 minutes ride.

I went to cheap copy places to make 100 copies for $2, so I paid $4 for both side. While I was doing copy, I went to deli across the street to get another $1 Arizona tea.

After the copy finish, I got on 16:48 n6x Jamaica #1853 which came ontime at 17:20 and departed 1 minute late at 17:21, and arrived HTC at 17:39, 5 minutes late from 17:34. 18 minutes ride.

I call my mom on payphone I'll be home late and got on 17:45 n48 Jericho Quad #1566 ontime and suppose to arrive Columbia Drive at 18:22, arrived 6 minutes late at 18:28. 43 minutes ride.

I went recycle my can at Whole Foods Jericho, use restroom and had nice walk in beatufiul Jericho along Hazelwood Drive and Merry Lane to Jericho Public Library.

Then I used 30 minute computer there, where cute female librarian was teaching new male librarian about library service. They were both friendly as librarians should be.

I print out Car Free Day fliers. I almost lost track of time because internet computer was giving additional 10 minutes.

So, about 19:49, I rush to Whole Foods for my mom's shopping errand for organic landuadry detergent, and Grapefruit Juice and use restroom quick then went to bus stop.

At 20:00, nice average color lady was walking and she was forced to walk to Jericho Quad because she missed last bus to Jericho, so I gave her new n48/49 schedule because NICE sent me 3 copies of all schedules.

I board 20:35 n20 Flushing #1731 arrived/departed 20:38, 3 minutes early from 20:41 and arrived Flushing Main St at 21:55, 8 minutes late from 21:47. 77 minutes ride.

THE END on NICE Trip.

Enjoy it!!

n87 only had 4 people getting off at beach.

After I asked where was n19 Babylon stop, driver wasn't familar, so I asked Carvel Ice Cream shop and he was nice and help me little and found the bus stop.

When I was crossing the Merrick Rd, I was watching out for left turn traffic because I remember about PinePower's incident while crossing Sunrise Highway.

Did they put up any signs on Merrick Rd. for the n87?

Archived