14 year old shot and killed on Q6 in Queens.

RockParkH

Unbelievable...i ride buses all the time and never expect something like this to happen...i always thought the windows were bulletproof...but now this has me in fear...especially at nighttime...smh...poor innocent girl getting shot from a stray bullet...wow may she R.I.P. 

They were just shooting in the area, she was coming from a sweet 16. I knew her.. Smh.

Sorry for the loss,man...

They had to be close range bullets; that is, someone had to want her dead specifically. There is a bus stop in front of 125-30 Sutphin Boulevard. That is why I believe that the gun may have been pressed against the glass.

Two of the 3 bullet marks appear to be fired from inside the bus, however.

So I wasnt the only one to see that...

What id like to know is does this bus have a camera?

I don't think bus windows are bulletproof. That stuff must be pretty expensive. Now maybe damage resistant, but i think enough to keep the window intact if a large object struck it. A bullet is going to travel at a much faster speed and it is very small so it will pierce the window. As for the cameras, they have a dashboard cam. I dont remember about the interior, but if there are interior cams, those won't tell you much about who shot from outside.

But yeah, still can't believe how 'random' this is. Makes me reconsider going off to certain areas now and pretty much limiting the fanning stuff. Not getting into paranoia, but not taking any chances.

I don't think bus windows are bulletproof. That stuff must be pretty expensive. Now maybe damage resistant, but i think enough to keep the window intact if a large object struck it. A bullet is going to travel at a much faster speed and it is very small so it will pierce the window. As for the cameras, they have a dashboard cam. I dont remember about the interior, but if there are interior cams, those won't tell you much about who shot from outside.

But yeah, still can't believe how 'random' this is. Makes me reconsider going off to certain areas now and pretty much limiting the fanning stuff. Not getting into paranoia, but not taking any chances.

The windows are shatterproof, it is expensive. There are cameras inside and the dashcam but MTA has no $$$$ for exterior cams or rear view cams.

Right, the windows are built so they don't break into a million pieces, but it's not like they were designed to stop bullets, are they? I mean sure some places can be a warzone, but not that bad that we need such windows here. I wonder if the window can be repaired or if it is a total loss?

Right, the windows are built so they don't break into a million pieces, but it's not like they were designed to stop bullets, are they? I mean sure some places can be a warzone, but not that bad that we need such windows here. I wonder if the window can be repaired or if it is a total loss?

Its a window...thats 100% repairable...

Only thing that would cause a bus to become a loss, is structure damage...or electrical damage...

I so feel bad for her family and friends! It's times like this that makes me sick! I send my condulences

They were just shooting in the area, she was coming from a sweet 16. I knew her.. Smh.

Wow. Sorry for your loss

The thing is, I don't even think that particular area was that bad. It was technically South Jamaica, but it's not the worst part of South Jamaica (from what I've read anyway), and it was on the border of South Jamaica and a safer area (Rochdale's on the other side of Baisley Blvd. I'm not sure what that area is that's west of Baisley & south of Rockaway, but I don't think it's bad).

I mean, you could get some nut job like the one who shot people on the Q111, in which case, you have to avoid any route that passes through a bad area (which even then, he was just crazy, so even then you wouldn't be too safe), which is like 90% of the routes in the city.

The thing is, I don't even think that particular area was that bad. It was technically South Jamaica, but it's not the worst part of South Jamaica (from what I've read anyway), and it was on the border of South Jamaica and a safer area (Rochdale's on the other side of Baisley Blvd. I'm not sure what that area is that's west of Baisley & south of Rockaway, but I don't think it's bad).

I mean, you could get some nut job like the one who shot people on the Q111, in which case, you have to avoid any route that passes through a bad area (which even then, he was just crazy, so even then you wouldn't be too safe), which is like 90% of the routes in the city.

This is why they belong in the nut house or dead.

Sad thing is, people have actually done that in the past.

lol.... exactly why I brought it up (in sarcasm)......

....As I suspected, nzzzz's being nzzzz's on some nzzzz shit....

Damn shame, on several fronts.... One of which is, can't even go to a party w/o having to worry about your livelihood....

They had to be close range bullets; that is, someone had to want her dead specifically. There is a bus stop in front of 125-30 Sutphin Boulevard. That is why I believe that the gun may have been pressed against the glass.

Girl got shot in the right temple though.... That picture w8Hou posted earlier in the discussion is of the left side of the bus.

I'm not buying this pressed up against the glass theory..... There were too many bullets found on the scene to support that....

here's another picture of the left side of the bus:

girl20n-3-web.jpg

now here's a picture of the right side of the bus:

image-1-1348835.jpg

This hits close to home for me. I'm not in the area too often but this was unnecessary. Is it safe to ride the bus anymore. And of course no one is going to say anything for the sake of "stop snitching"

Jesus. This is just too common. Ciboii, I'm sorry for the loss. 

From that picture, the shots look like they were aimed at the head and chest of whoever was sitting in that front left seat, and not random, though that could be coincidental. This girl might have been mistaken for someone else? Who knows... 

From what I heard on Good Day NY this morning, 9 shots were fired from a 40 caliber gun and they were from the outside.  She was shot shortly after she boarded the bus and the police believe there were numerous witnesses on the bus and at the stop that saw who took the shots.  They believe it was random and that she was not the target but perhaps gang activity.

These are thing that happen, and let you wonder if you should stop, stop & frisk. Saying stop the gun volience ,wouldn't help our community. We as citizens have to work with the police.if we know of any criminal elements in our community, we shouldn,t be afraid to work with the police and get them out. The politician don't care about us only our votes .

This hits close to home for me. I'm not in the area too often but this was unnecessary. Is it safe to ride the bus anymore. And of course no one is going to say anything for the sake of "stop snitching"

I was reading an article where one of the victim's friends aunt was talking to the media. While, talking to the media, someone in the crowd yelled out, "Stop talking! Stop giving information!!!!!".

Smh.......

I was reading an article where one of the victim's friends aunt was talking to the media. While, talking to the media, someone in the crowd yelled out, "Stop talking! Stop giving information!!!!!".

Smh.......

Now that's f**ked up shit right there.

Jesus. This is just too common. Ciboii, I'm sorry for the loss. 

From that picture, the shots look like they were aimed at the head and chest of whoever was sitting in that front left seat, and not random, though that could be coincidental. This girl might have been mistaken for someone else? Who knows... 

Thanks.

it seems from the pics on page two that two people shot into the bus at the same time,btw does anyone have the bus number...

590, it's still out. For further investigation, I believe the window is fixed it shouldn't take that long.

Smh.......

I'd bitch slap that fool I follow my own code I talk when I want. Sorry for the anti stop snitchin rant

Archived